Hybrid View

EXP: 22,896, Level: 6
    Level completed: 42%, EXP required for next Level: 4,104
    Level completed: 42%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,104

GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    I could feel my temperature rising at every word out of Ezra’s mouth; at the end of the rant, I was pretty sure my breath had turned from steam to smoke. We were going to get along great.

“’Unwilling accomplice?!” I stared incredulously as Ezra checked on Wheezy. “YOU shoved yourself into the middle of MY affair, you fool! Had you just minded your own damned business, you’d have absolutely nothing to do with any of this – exactly as it should have been!

I gestured in the direction of the escaped duo. “And another thing. You’re not happy about how I decided to settle this? Run them down and kill them. Kill this guy too, while you’re at it. That’d wrap things up just perfectly, wouldn’t it?” I bit my tirade off there. I kept my name to myself out of spite. Ezra was right about one thing: manners were not a priority for me right now.

I ground my teeth and closed my eyes to calm myself. I jabbed a thumb in Wheezy’s direction. “His group has a fourth member that stayed back in the village. They’ll run to him, and they’ll rouse the Church to search for the heretics who have taken their brother. I acknowledge this.” I shrugged. “I could have killed them instead. Not only would that have tasted foul, but their friend would have found their bodies. There are footprints everywhere in the snow; wouldn’t have taken long. Right now, we’re heretics on the run from the Sway. Had we killed them, we’d be murderers on the run from every able-bodied man in this part of Salvar. I picked the best option of a bad lot.”

“You chose your option long ago,” Wheezy creaked, fixing me with a glare of pure hatred, “when you took up your foul power. Heathen dog.” Then his eyes moved to Ezra. “And you’re no better. Devils, the both of you. Untouched by the light of the Sway.” I appreciated him more when groans and wheezes were all that he could utter. He was a tremendously unlikeable individual when he had the ability to speak. I weighed the idea of putting another chunk of ice in his ribs to quiet him, then sighed.

When I had woken up this morning, I was a – so far as anybody knew – law-abiding man, free to go where I pleased. In the space of thirty minutes, I was a heretic and kidnapper, wanted by the Church. At this rate, I’d be the personal enemy of every soul on Althanas by the time the sun went down.
    Last edited by Atzar; 10-10-2017 at 01:18 AM.