Up, up, they climbed with the help of the stone dragon, Cain's eyes were creased in amusement as the shore party was assisted up by such a mighty beast. Grinning at the top of the cliffs he mentioned to the Faun, "no wonder you didn't take a shore party" it was a compliment.

The gargoyles guarding the castle, faces twisted in an ugly snarl took away the Captain's grin. Before even thinking of continuing on Cain double checked his gear, making sure his pistols were already loaded. The torches inside the parapets glowed with a dim cold light, and there were strange shadows playing on the walls. The wonder of rather or not it was an entity causing the shadows or just the strange flickering of the lights. With in the bailey the breeze cause flute like noises to echo and hiss around the castle as a whole.

There was movement but even Cain's sharp eyes couldn't catch what was making it. He pointed out where he noticed the movement, "I don't think they appreciate us being here." The timbers across the draw bridge were old and creaked as the group crossed over it and passed the gate houses with gate and bridge rusted open. There were whispers just passed the ability to hear them something just beyond what one could touch almost. Doors creaked, chains rattled and there was a distinct feeling of being watched. Cain scratched a near by door seal. It wasn't the ships rail but it was close enough, he smiled and turned to his shore party "Monique's, stay by the cliff for now" much to the chagrin of the shore party "we may need a hasty retreat. Shore party receives an extra ration of grog." He encouraged before turning towards the faun "Ma'am may I suggest your dragon friend supplement the shore party?"

Indicating the keep it self Cain suggested "If I were to hide a treasure it would be in that big building there, it seems to be the hardest part to get to." He stepped back, he was of the sea, not of the earth after all, and now being on shore he was merely a follower.