Size 1 text is needed for my huge response. Apologies in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
If you've noticed that you tend to focus on one topic at a time, work with that instead of trying to work against it.
Or, consider writing posts in segments, maybe with bullet points to help you out. Figure out what the overall theme of the post/story will be, then break it down and tackle it in sections?

As for tackling run on sentences and sentence fragments - might try restricting sentences and make sure you only have one agent (acting character), one recipient, and one action? This can be expanded up towards two, but if you go more than two - especially in the case of agents - things get messy. Hope this helps, even if just a little bit.
Thank you for the response!

Writing them separately, using bullet points for clarity, then removing the points and putting them together is a good idea!

I just tried writing "one point of interest, one sentence" writing an intro for a quest and I think it went well! I think I only caught my "rambling sentences" once! I'm finding it difficult to add techniques and avoid sounding list like, but once again it went very well. Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Stare View Post
Shorter posts might work. And try using shorter sentences in general, although you said you find that difficult. I would definitely say one thread at a time might be a good place to start, especially for non-combat ones.
I have so many threads right now O_O

Keeping shorter sentence structures in mind is already helping! My major struggle is putting in as much description as I feel is needed; plus adding similes, metaphors, etc.

Here's one I tried.

As I originally wrote it:
The scents of perfumes, fresh fish, leavened breads, and herbs all felt meshed into an overload of sensations too strong to take. Felicity had to watch her deer skin pack and weapons as she inched her way through the ocean of shoving, shouting people.
Edited:
There were scents of perfumes, fresh fish, leavened breads, and herbs. It all felt meshed into an overload of sensations too strong to take. Felicity had to watch her belongings as she inched her way through the ocean of shoving, shouting people.
Thank you for being so kind and understanding, Phi. It really means a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
First point of call would be to set your word limit for posts to 250. Focus on writing within that frame and go with a 20% for setting rule. You needn't overload the reader with descriptions...
Lol, I've focused so long on making larger posts and adding many, maybe unneeded, descriptions and stuff xD This feels a bit counterintuitive as writing advice xD My posts are generally three to five paragraphs + single lines. 250 seems short, but maybe I can do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
...you can still write dialogue heavy posts whilst describing the action and environment by unveiling it slowly.
This is actually where I struggle so much. I get ao sucked into writing one of those three that I forget to add the other two. Especially in places with quicker paced stories. Maybe it's because I'm used to people just talking IRL with no breaks for narrations (this proves I need to read more...) but yeah.

Once in a while I'm successful. I've been working on adding body language and moments of introspective between dialogue, so I think I'm getting better. Adding surrounding setting and scenery during dialogue is still an issue for the most part.

Thank you, Duffy!

I'm actually already writing threads with both Phi and Duffy and I still don't know how to reply Phi's! :P Then there's Fenn and Rev's Citadel fites... the Ambling Dragon...