Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next Level: 265

GP

Name
    Amari L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel

View Profile
    Scarlet twirled the small scalpel she had picked up. She grinned as it glinted, Fenn finally catching sight of it. "Oh? This?" Scarlet asked as she lifted it up to her face to examine it. Unlike the rest of the place, it was pristine, sharp, new. Scarlet drew it across the top of her hand and a thin line of blood followed. It'd be quite silly of her to not test her tools now, wouldn't it? She watched with mild interest as her skin parted and new stains dripped onto the dusty wooden floor. "I thought the place could use a little...extra something, yanno?" She tilted her head to the side. "I mean, this is our home, after all. Isn't it Fennick?" The fae cringed and shrank away from her as far back as the cage would allow. "No? I suppose you didn't spend as long here as I did. It was what... a few days at most?" She asked, feigning curiosity. "I guess that doesn't exactly trump years now does it?" Scarlet said as she leaned down to pick up Daugi by the iron shackle around her neck. It's howls broke the silence and Fenn flinched before shifting closer to the cage, trembling hands scrawling notes that Scarlet would not read. She could take a guess at them. Why? Please stop! This isn't You! Etc, Etc. Maybe he was right, maybe this wasn't her, the real Scarlet, Red, Amari, or whatever may be crying out in pain pleading in the same way Fenn was.

Or maybe, just maybe, this was the real her. The longer she was like this, the more she struggled to comprehend or even remember what it was all like before. Before she gave into the corruption that ate at her, before she became stronger, before, when her emotions were awry. After all...was it not all leading up to this? Her life, for a better lack of words was shit. No matter how hard she had tried, no matter how good she had been, or kind... she was constantly abused and mistreated for it. So why bother with such a thing?

Scarlet dragged the whimpering beast toward Fenn, she wasn't finished with the Fae. She'd show him exactly how she saw the world, she'd show him how heartless and cruel it was, and when he was completely broken and torn apart. She'd be the one to stitch him back together. "You know what it feels like to have your eyes removed?" She asked as she knelt before Fenn. "I do." She picked up the barely conscious direwolf and pressed its face against the iron bars.

"Don't worry, I won't do that to you. Yet."

Fenn's puffy eyes began to leak more futile tears as they widened in realization. Amari grinned. "That's right. I'll show you. Then, I'll make you a cute, little, matching pair..." He feebly reached out, hands twitching as they grazed the iron bars. Scarlet shook her head as she shuffled back just out of his reach. "Now, now, wait your turn."

She had felt it before, witnessed it before, even tried it before. So it wasn't hard for Scarlet to gently prop the scalpel neatly between the lid and eyeball, despite the direwolf's struggling she managed to neatly pop out its eyeball. She let the now unconscious direwolf drop the the floor and tossed the white gelatinous sphere toward Fenn.

"What do they say? An eye for an eye?" The irony was not lost on Scarlet, it was something Fennick wouldn't understand. She wiped the blood off her hands and leaned toward the cage. "Your turn... "

Fennick shrank further back, but, as luck would have it (at least for him) A small raven fluttered ontop of the cage and cawed at her defiantly. Scarlet frowned, it was a messenger, from Ulroke. He wanted her back. "What does he need me for? He's fully capable of - "

"CAW!"

"Tch." Scarlet dropped the scalpel and kicked it away from the fae so he wouldn't get any ideas. "I suppose you're in luck, Fennick. I have business to attend to." She turned her back on the shivering blonde boy, the clicking sounds of her heels echoing around him. Before she completely disappeared from his view she paused. Her back still turned.

"I'll be back, and if you are not dead, I'll ensure you see what I see. How the world is, and, if you so choose, we can rebuild it."

And with those last words, she was gone.
    Last edited by Amari; 08-29-2017 at 04:00 AM.