“Perhaps your mother would know,” Josh said softly. He picked up his parcel and sat on the bed beside Leila. With swift, decisive movements he undid the cord that bound the Karuku-tal skin.

Leila smiled sadly, “she would know, I am certain, if she is still alive.”

“We will have occasion to find out,” Josh said with a grin. The parcel fell open, unveiling some carefully rolled clothing, three vials containing a glowing blue tincture, and a stone tablet engraved with an ancient Fallieni dialect.

“The shopkeeper assured me that this clothing is in keeping with current Haidian fashion,” the prizefighter explained, “the vials contain a potion which will disguise me as an incubus for eight hours per dosage. The tablet is payment for our passage… I found a portal-maker who collects relics such as this, who can send us straight into the heart of Haide’s capital.”

The young succubus stood up abruptly, pacing back and forth. “We are really gonna do this,” she was speaking more to herself than him. Nodding slowly she looked at Josh, “this is really happening, you kept your promise to me?”

“Of course,” Breaker stood and took her hands in his, a calming, steadying force. “Are you sure you are up for such an undertaking? I could go alone… although your familiarity with the royal palace will be invaluable. And I would stand little chance of rescuing your mother.”

She gave his hands a little squeeze, “I have to go you will be lost quickly. I know where the torture chambers are and where my mother will more than likely be.” She leaned in and gave his cheek a soft kiss.

She smelled like desire. If anything, knowing she carried his child made Breaker want the chocolate-skinned sex demon more. He ran a callused hand up her soft shoulder, hazel eyes gazing into hers.

“I arranged a meeting with the portal-maker for midnight. We have some time before then.” Above the room’s canvas roof, the sun finally began to fade. Josh took a long breath of Leila-enhanced air. “Are you hungry?”

Leila laughed softly, kissing the hand laid on her shoulder. “Ever since you planted your seed in me, I am always hungry. In more ways than one.” She winked playfully.

The muscular man cupped her chin and ran his fingers through her long, golden hair. She tilted her face up slightly, and he pulled her in for a kiss that took both of their breath away. Her stomach pressed firmly against his solid abdominals, her breasts softer, smaller mounds touching his bare chest through the sheer fabric she wore.

“Which of your appetites shall we slake first?” Breaker breathed as the kiss ended.

In answer, sun darkened hands tugged at the belt binding his white denim breeches.