"And I'll certainly stay a day or two. I’ve got to find a place to spend the night though - know of any half way decent inns?” If she knew an inn, then she'd know where he was too when she came looking for him. Yes, that was a safe, good plan.

“An inn?” She blinked. “If you're staying for a day, you are are staying in the house.” The sentence was blunt and precise. In her opinion there was no suggestion otherwise. “There are good places to stay in the city, but no, you might as well get the joys of a noble’s household. One of the few perks of my life.”

Stare opened her mouth to say more but a polite knock came on the door. She answered, and a dainty elf maiden popped her head in baring a tray, which was heavily laden with small cakes, sandwiches and tea. Smiling she pushed it onto the table and asked:

“Is this to go on the account, lady Stare?”

Stare nodded quickly, going back to her polite tones. “Yes Cecily, thank you.”

And the elf maid bowed slightly before moving out. When that was done Stare looked back at Nevin. “As to coming to visit, I'm glad you did. Because …” she paused, thinking how best to put it. “Well. Help yourself to food first, then I'll explain what we've got.”

Nevin raised an eyebrow as he poured himself and her cups of tea, then took a sandwich. It was a delicate little thing, obviously a dainty finger food - and he consumed it in less than two bites. A brief flash of irritation danced across his face before being followed by amusement, and he took another to pop into his mouth. He chewed this one a bit more slowly before sipping his tea, then set the cup down with a soft clink.

“I am quite grateful of the offer of lodging for a night. He won't mind?” The alchemist knew her master wasn't exactly his biggest fan, and he didn't want to make things worse for her. He was quite curious though - what exactly did she have that she was glad to have him here for? It wasn't an alchemical situation, as she would have come to him in that case. He folded his hands together as he waited for her to explain it - guessing would get him absolutely no where, as he had no clue to even start from.

For Stare it was clear that ‘he’ meant Vitruvion. Her brow rose slightly as she observed her friend, a small piece of bruschetta and grilled tomato poised in her fingers. It was a fine serving, one she could easily eat with one bite and a famed version of such a food in Beinost.

“In all practical honesty we work sometimes with a demon who stays at the house occasionally. He will not mind, though it is his house you are my friend,” she placed the bread delicacy into her beak and gulped it down. “Besides,” she said in a lower voice, “He is otherwise entertained.” A dark sudden look in her eye made it clear that she spoke of the Hollow. “He said he would not be back until tomorrow afternoon.”