Stare's eyes glanced around the score of guards in the room, some of whom still looked at her with lusty eyes. There was one who was intensely staring, his eyes bright. But she looked at him back, pausing a moment to glare with hatred. The man sucked in his breath through his teeth, and was stunned for a few full seconds.

Raevin watched her reactions, then smirked slightly at the stilled guard.

"You really have become more powerful."

Stare grunted and then swept up her own tankard into her clawed hand, her eyes moving away from the other people in the room.

"So has he," she whispered.

Raevin arched an eyebrow, but then smiled with a gleam in his eye. "He'll honestly never let you go, you know that right?"

She let a breath fade from her lungs in a sigh. Her hands gripped around the tankard.

"I know," she muttered. "Even if I run to the other side of the world."

"Ah, he won't let you get that far."

A grunt came from her throat. A knowing, disgruntled, mocking (at herself) grunt.

There was a silence between them. Raevin shifted and leant forwards to her. "You could be a worse situation, with a worse man."

Stare blinked and raised her brow at the notion of a 'worse man,' and Raevin shrugged. "He is not the worst." He looked at her seriously. "Think of what we know if his father."

Ansaldo. The single god of his own planet, who had a pont chant for creating races and then sending them away without any memories when he got bored - a series of actions that usually led to the race's quick extinction. Stare's race, the kenkus, had been highly unique in the fact they had survived. She knew now that they had been found by another old race and taken across the sea in ships, and enslaved.

She nodded in acceptance and breathed into her drink. "I guess so."