His other arm ducked lithely under her struggling form and wrapped around her from the other side. A grin spread across his face as he held her to him, pulling her back under the covers.

"Sir ...?" came the confused voice.

"Don't-"

"It is fine," Vitruvion said louder. "Come in!" And he added in a whisper to Stare, "Calm down. You're uncomfortable like that."

"You're a dickhead," she muttered, but stopped moving. His eyes slid closed again and he rested his head back into her shoulder. She sighed, irritated. "Fuck my life," she added as the door opened.

Then an, "Ah," before it was swiftly closed again. There was a pause. "Eh ... Sir?"

"What?" Vitruvion opened his eyes and lifted his head up. Stare, furious as she was, tilted her head also, stuck.

Raevin stood by the doorway, looking both awkward and amused. He paused, took a moment, shifted his stance and continued.

"Shall I come back later?"

"No, there are no ears here that need truths hidden from them."

"I didn't ask for this," Stare grumbled.

"I'm sure you didn't," Raevin looked at her, "But ... Tough?"

"My sentiments exactly," the god smiled, sharing in the elf's amusement. "What is it?"

There was a moment's consideration again. "The mercenary problem has got slightly worse, sir."

"Worse?" A frown line appeared. "In what manner?"

"In the fact that the men we sent out last night as scouts to discover the whereabouts of the Hunters have not returned. As scheduled. They were due to appear about two hours ago, and thus far they have not."