The shock of the fall left me limp for a good while. Wow, my butt hurt. There was some sort of red… mesh… beneath me. It was warm, and it pulsed? Smooth, slick. It wasn’t hurting me. What even was this? Whatever it was, it did not feel right. Then again, nothing around me did. Still cursing under my breath, I stared at the world around. The sky and the plants were all the wrong colors. There was only one sun above.

A gurgly sort of groan came from under the mesh as I rolled off of it. To my surprise, there was a creature underneath.

A moving, noise-making creature with an icky squishy voice.

I bared my fangs at it cautiously and flattened myself against the tall grass. Did it have anything to do with why I was here? Hells if I knew. How would I even describe what it looked like? There was something shit-wrong about this creature -- and the more I stared, the more it made my my carapace crawl. In its upper body, it looked fairly normal for a sentient being. Arms, chest, head, mostly in the right places. Two too few eyes though. No fangs. The ears were oddly shaped too. And below the waist, it was a total mess. Two legs? How could anything balance on two legs? Unnatural! And its skin — ugh! Squishy and pale, bland of color, like a slug. Slugs were my least favorite food. I skittered back a few steps as the red threads receded, and it got to its feet.

Its face seemed confused. Very confused. Well, so was I.

“You, squishy bitch!” I demanded of the… creature, jabbing a finger in its direction. “Ugly fuck! Tell me what you are, where in the eight hells I’ve ended up, and how to get back home, or I’ll- uh. I don’t… Oh! I have a knife. Yes. If you show aggression towards me, I will defend myself! Do you understand?”

So I did. It was a shitty knife, but it was there, strapped to my festival abdomen piece. My dirty festival abdomen piece. That was a right shame, but probably not my highest priority right now.