Nevin didn't know how long he had been moving. He had lost the beast's tracks shortly after he had entered the woods - but at this point he was close enough that he no longer needed visible marks to pursue it. Now that he was wrestling of it he could feel the sour note, the angry voice shouting in defiance that marred the normal chorus of voices that sang within his magic. The blood mage was pursuing that feeling, perpetually narrowing it down whenever the monstrosity head changed direction.

It was a tricky bastard, and if he didn't know better Nevin might have thought it knew it was being hunted. Which, now that he thought about it, ws possible - maybe it could sense him like he could sense it? That was a worrying thought, but thankfully unlikely. The full fledged Scarlet Servant hadn't noticed him until Nevin was literally in its face, so this infested beast most likely couldn't either. But it had moved again, shifting in direction, and Nevin once again adjusted his course to narrow the distance as quickly as possible.

So he was rather surprised to see a man training in the woods. Normally he would have avoided this stranger - there were people in danger after all - but it seemed the man had some kind of magical ability. Wind had rushed forward as Nevin approached, circling around the stranger, then forest detritus had shot upwards into the sky. The man's 'training' was punching the leaves and branches to pieces as they fell downwards.

That kind of physical and magical ability would be useful. If for no other reason, than to help rescue people while the blood mage held the beast off. He cleared his throat as he saw the man whirling around. "My apologies for the intrusion. I'm hunting a beast that has destroyed several villages, and I think it is approaching another. Ah - sorry. The name is Nevin. Now, I'd appreciate it if a fighter like you came to help, but this thing is quite dangerous so I understand if you don't want to." When he had said it was heading for another village Nevin had lifted one arm to point in the direction the feel of the tainted blood magic was moving in.