Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    “Good work, everyone,” I called to my assembled students. They stood in a neat row with their fists held forward in a show of attention and respect. Sweat soaked their kimonos and dripped from their hair. “That’s all for today. I’ll see you all tomorrow.” They filed neatly out of the dojo, leaving me alone with the familiar figure who had entered during the lesson. He leaned casually against the thin wall next to the door, regarding me with his lone emerald eye. “Jake,” I smiled, “is that a new look?”

The half elf strode forward with a touch of swagger. He straightened the collar of his green-brown leather jacket and scuffed a matching boot across the black burn mark on the floor.

“What, these?” He said. “Just some new garments I had fashioned at the bazaar. They cost most of what I had saved, but were worth every copper.” He gave a leery grin. “Nothing beats demonhide.” He glanced at my enchanted metal boots. “Well, almost nothing.”

“To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?” I asked. “There isn’t a dragon on your heels, I hope.”

“No,” Jake said, his grin vanishing behind a serious mask. “But there is a Haidian out there that still needs killing. I’m not asking for your help in hunting him. Just… let me learn from you again. I’ll join your regular classes if need be. I’ll even wear those funny pajamas.” He gestured at my white martial arts kimono.

“Jake it’s called a… nevermind.” I shook my head, smiling. “I’m afraid you’d find my regular classes fairly rudimentary. You’re far more advanced than my current students.” I paused and stroked the stubble on my chin. “I suppose I could make the time for a couple private lessons. What are you hoping to learn?”

“I need to defend my mind better. That blood alchemist you sent me to was able to provide a temporary solution, but I need to be able to shrug off the demon’s telepathy any time I run into him. I need to learn to control my thoughts like you do.”

“Good,” I said. “That’s something you should be able to learn in a few days of training. But first… I’d like to hear the story of how you happened to skin such a powerful demon alive.”

“Oh that?” Jake shrugged. “That was nothing. Fighting him was the hard part… when I tell you about it, you’ll be proud of me.”

“I will?” I grinned until the Y-shaped scars on my cheeks dimpled. “Why is that?”

The half elf returned my smile with the same cheekiness I’d always known him for.

“I didn’t depend on my portals to beat him.”
    Last edited by Breaker; 12-10-2017 at 06:42 PM.