Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Eyes closed, she listened to his words. An amused, yet distracted, smile spread across her face when she was called 'snowflake.' She leaned against him, still a bit discombobulated. Between long, heavy breaths, she nodded. She reached down to her waist, feeling for her sword in its sheath. She had no shield, and a sword really was not the best choice for fighting giant monsters. Half-swording, the technique of holding a sword by the blade and attacking with the hilt, would have to be her go to for this. She pushed herself to stand on her own feet, and succeeded. As she opened her eyes, looking at the yellow grass at her feet, she finally started to breathe normally again.

~~~

The mines had many caves and shafts drilled into them. The many dirtied, silt coated workers had been using their pick axes and pushing barrels full of many different valuables, from bronze to quartz to iron. Yet, now, the entire mine was in a state of panic. Workers and overseers alike dropped their equipment and bolted as the ground shook. From one mine, workers flooded out in terror. The earth shook, causing all vision to blur. The screams and shouts of many rose above the dust and fumes of the mining area. The smell of sulfur and earthly fumes choked the air as much as the scents of blood and fear.

From a shabby cabin, an obese overseer stormed from his makeshift throne. He pointed with a chicken drum stick as he spewed hypocrisy and spite, refusing to take the blame for this "Look what you lazy, sloppy, no use bums did!"

"Mr. Eotype!"

The overseer turned to see a group of three shabby workers and a higher up approaching. The wounded worker appeared to have fresh bandages. The official appeared hot faced, panicked sweat dripped off him like slaughtered lamb's blood.

"These workers found help. You ought to be ashamed, forcing your men into this mess!"

As pebbles shot out from caverns above, the unmoved overseer calmly brushed the rocks off him. He lied through his teeth, "Who do you think called for help, my good man? And as for the mine, busine-"

One of the workers, in a moment of reckless courage, stood up. For his tiny frame, he pointed with a bony arm, pathetic fingers. "Lies! You never-"

He was instantly backhanded by Eotype, who gritted his teeth and spat venom, "Know your place, employee."

The bossman grabbed Eotype's collar, cheeks burning red in fury as he shouted, "Do you not see the magnitude of what you've done? Stonevale is in danger! The entirety of Scara Brae coul-"

Another tremer shook the entirety of the mine. The man gasped, eyes wide in frightened awe as his hand slipped from the shirt, to his side. They all looked on... into inevitable death.

As the workers ran, a young boy fell at the entrance. An older boy, a teen, swiftly grabbed him and tried to run. A booming thump sounded as the ground vibrated. As rubble fell and moved, quarry dust fell like rain. They turned to see it.

It had come.

A creature sown together by rock and stone. It was black in color, standing around nine feet tall. It had a massive built, coated with rich purple gems across its body. It pulled itself up, out of the shaft. It caused all to tremble as its magenta burning crystals illuminated the mine's darkness. A horrendous moan escaped its faceless being as it stepped outside the shaft.

The manager dropped the chicken drum stick he held in his hand. He was pale in helpless fear.

The clouds of rocky dust blocked out of midday sky. The creature had one thing in its base instincts as darkness fell over their heads.

Kill.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-15-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.