Lorenor paused for a moment as they talked, in his mind he was seeing an image of an old friend...long gone. He had a troubled expression on his face but it was difficult to discern reality from his actual memories. He was so old by that point his mind was fractured. Lorenor placed a hand on the side of his head.

Will saw that action and nodded towards him. "Are you all right?" He asked.

Lorenor nodded after a moment, the memory soon fading. He relaxed physically a little bit, looking towards Will. "I was just thinking about another time, was all." He was being honest, the man in his mind was his former lover, and he wasn't certain that Will or anybody would accept his sexual preference towards men. "When I fought the black knight I was thinking of the armour he wore. I could not pierce it with my weapon, or my faith." Lorenor said, revealing some of his Paladin's Oath to Will.

"I was thinking that before too when we fought him to a stand-still one time. His armour is likely enchanted or augmented in some way." Will explained. "We don't know anything about him, only that he attacks those who wander too far off the main roads." Will explained.

Lorenor rubbed his chin. "He knew where I'd be. That's a start at least." Lorenor was developing a hunch that he and the black knight were somehow connected. I'm not sure...but there is something there for certain. Lorenor narrowed his eyes at that point, and stood up. "I think I have something." He said suddenly. Lorenor turned to look at Will. "I doubt the townsfolk would be informing him of traveler's routes. There has to be something we are not seeing correctly." Lorenor didn't understand the way of the mind, or the way of the psionic. Sei Orlouge had such powers...as did all of his bloodline. Now that blood was all but spent...or so he assumed. What would Sei do...? Lorenor thought for a long moment at what his former master would have done.

"This is a thinking man's game, Will." Lorenor said. He began to gather his equipment.

"Where are you going?" Will stood up as well, suddenly quite worried for his friend.

"He has some way of tracking our movements. I am going to put that to the test." Lorenor said. "In the mean time...keep travelers off the road until I return. I have some idea of how I can pierce that man's armor." Lorenor said carefully.

"Lorenor, you're going to face him alone? Let me come with you!" Will begged.

"I can't allow that." Lorenor said calmly. "Your job is to keep the towns folk safe, we'll complete my training when I return. I'm going to face him...alone." Lorenor explained.

Will nodded at that point and placed his hand on Lorenor's shoulder once more. "May The Thayne guide you."

Lorenor nodded. They've been silent for a long time now...and some say that they are being hunted down. Lorenor finished placing his gear on. "I will return once I have defeated him. You can rest assured on that." He said.

"Lorenor...good luck. I will be waiting for your safe return." Will said truthfully.

As he sat in deep meditation, the black knight listened to what his followers were saying. Some were asleep at that point and others were intently observing their leader. The only piece of his armour he didnt have on while he meditated was his helmet. The black knight was a strangely handsome man, particularly well structured and built. He had a scar on his face, and deep green eyes. His hair was a particularly blond hair. He had no facial hair, he was clean cut. The black knight suddenly opened his eyes. "It has begun." He said to his followers. "Gather your equipment, the one we fought the other day is on his way to this location."

"That Undead fellow?" One of his followers asked.

"The Paladin." The black knight said with acid in his voice. "If I can defeat him, we will secure our victory for all time."

His follower looked at the black knight. "Why didn't you finish him the last time?"

"I hesitated." The black knight said calmly. "There is something familiar about him...something from a long time ago."

"Either way, we will follow you to the end, my lord." The follower said calmly.

"I know...there is a plan in motion. The one who comes for us may be our undoing." The black knight closed his eyes and listened to something far away. "He is already on his way."

"You have the Orlouge blood in you, don't you?" His follower asked.

"That's a story for another time." The black knight said calmly. He felt his helmet latch itself on. "Right now, gather the troops." The black knight ordered. "This will be the final test. The prophecy must be foretold."

"My lord, he wore the symbols of the old Ixian Knights." His follower said calmly.

"He is probably a sole survivor of that old guild." The black knight responded. "Let's go we must move quickly." The black knight said and he was already moving to go face his arch enemy.