Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    It had been several months. And a lot had happened.

Stare gazed at the man, slowly breathing in as she looked between him and the elf. The blue-haired beauty smiled slightly before realising somewhat that this was the point where she needed to give the demon and the kenku some privacy. Though she was of some great importance to the existence of their relationship - having been the one who first ever gave Stare the book and practically designed that her and Nosdyn should meet. So integral was she to their friendship, yet so mysterious as to why she had done so in the first place, that it made Stare's heart pound to even consider the fact that they were all within stabbing distance to each other. She did not want to kill the blue-haired woman, and certainly not Nosdyn by any means, but the very idea that she could be killed so quickly here ...

Slowly the elf rose and nodded from one to the other before turning and slipping away. Stare watched as she went over to the bar, letting out a long breath. She considered what Nosdyn asked, about what had happened in the past while since they had last met. Happened to her, happened to Vitruvion, happened to their world. How everything had been turned upside-down, how she was immortal now and had wings ... uncomfortably the things shifted unbidden beneath her cloak as they weighted on her uncomfortably, reminding them of their existence as she thought about them. She tried to keep the movement as minimal as possible, squeezing the sides of her beak together as she bit back the curses that threatened to rise.

You cannot hide them from everyone forever, Vitruvion whispered. They are natural things, that cannot be gotten rid of.

You do not get it, she hissed back to him, her hand tightening on the handle of her beer mug. I hate them. I want to be normal, not this ...

But I do understand, Stare, exactly what you feel, he replied, grinning and leaning back. She watched him through their connection raise his own glass to his lips and drink deep. I am in your head.

The kenku wished she could scowl at that moment, but instead opted for a simple roll of the eyes. Huffing she straightened a little, gathering herself as she prepared to say all she needed to Nosdyn. All she wanted. All she could.

"He made me immortal," she said quietly. "Properly, I mean. I have already died once. And I grew wings, for no reason. Also - we have an enemy now. Greater than any before, far worse than that abominable Heysan. Vitruvion you see-" she broke off, lifting her chin and gazing out of the window. "Vitruvion, it seems, has a half brother who wants nothing more than to destroy him, us and all that has Vitruvion's name to it. A half brother who had someone brought my own dead brother back from the dead, as an undead creature who does not remember me, and who has so far killed, tortured and caused ruin to our lives. He brought our city to its knees, and it took a lot of money and a lot of organisation to stop it from starving."
    Last edited by Stare; 06-18-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."