"Oh my Great King Atron ..."

Unicorn opened her eyes, startled. Lifting up her head she stared around, seeing all the grey trees around her, the dead and dying branches with the thin dirt. Ragged, old and decaying leaves made carpet in some areas, but only a little could be found. Else, by the new lightness of day, we could see some greenery, with ferns reaching to the sky, their spindly leaves uncurling. Her concentration, though, and rightly, was on a tall figure before her eyes. He had deep red skin, exenuated by dark grey, black eyes and white hair. A long, pointed beard fell down from his chin, and he had two very raised brows. He was dressed in a long, grey monk's robe and leant over a gnarled stick, possibly made of the same grey dead wood as that Unicorn lay against.

The monk stared back for some time, his expression one of shock. He did not move to attack - in fact he stood quite perfectly still which was surprising. Lips hanging open to reveal pointed yellowing teeth the old demon seemed entirely lost for words.

Cautiously - very cautiously, Unicorn began to get up, first pushing herself around into a sitting position, and then sliding her front legs beneath her form to stand. The demon gasped and took a couple of startled steps back, holding up a hand as he did so.

"I mean you no harm, great one," he said quickly, "No harm, at all. Only to see one such as yourself here ... It is a miracle." His voice was like a low thunder.

Unicorn huffed, raising herself up onto all four legs. As she did my equipment on her side, still tied around her girth swung and it caught the monk's attention. His eyes went wider, if it were possible, his black pits of his eyes full of confusion but also with awe. "You have a rider?" he whispered.

Not wanting to turn immediately into my humanoid form and cause the old demon to freak out, Unicorn faced him fully, coming to a height of about his shoulder, when her nose was held at a natural dip. She came close to him, and snorted in his face before slowly shaking her head. No, I screamed in her mind, wishing he had some telepathy, No, not a rider, just ... me.

Her great pink eyes blinked and she pushed her side around, gesturing with her nose to the dress specifically.

The demon paused, looking suddenly far more bemused. He leant away, brow furrowing. His act had gone from being completely absorbed in wonder, to now at a loss. His hand that was not on his staff rose and he held it up in a a confession of ignorance. "Great one, I know not of what you mean. You are here, in this dying forest, a force of life and - and you try to communicate. Perhaps if I - are you here for rest? Comfort? Food? I could get you food perhaps or-"