Scarlet snatched them from his hand. “You coulda fuckin’ waited.”

He grinned at her as she hurried to put on the last of her undergarments then the clothes he had given her; a plain black t-shirt and pants, which had elastic around the waist. Scarlet was surprised that they had fit so well. He even thought to get the elastic due to her bump, of which she still wanted to be rid of. Scarlet readjusted the band so it sat more comfortably above her hips. His silver eyes practically glinted with amusement. “You could have denied the call.”

“Not when you do it so quickly. Fuck.” Despite being dressed Scarlet still felt naked. If she had her coat, with her belongings in it she’d feel more at ease. But no. She was fuckin’ summoned practically naked. “And since you’re an impatient git you’re buyin’ me food. I ain’t got any of my weapons, clothes, or potions.”

Scarlet crossed her arms over her chest. “I sure as hell hope you got a decent amount of coin on you.”

He shook his head and rolled his eyes but then nodded. He tapped his chest, and she heard a jingle of coins.

She followed him to the small table outside where his tea sat waiting. Hunter sat down and gestured for Scarlet to sit opposite him. She obliged. Scarlet waited till he took a sip of the tea for himself. She couldn’t be too careful after all. As he sat it back down on the gold rimmed saucer she grabbed it for herself and downed the entire thing.

Strange.

It was prepared just the way Scarlet liked it. Bitter. Hot. Coincidence. It was a coincidence. Scarlet didn’t want to dwell too much on the last night they had spent together, and the realisation that he was quite literally a living ex husband. That was fucking weird. Scarlet sighed as she set the cup down. She was no longer his dead wife. He wasn’t her husband. They weren’t interested in each other. This was just some sort of …. Thing.

Arrangement?

Yes. Arrangement seemed appropriate. The two had an arrangement and to hinge foolish idealism on anything else ws foolhardy. “Well. Shall we follow or wait till tonight?” Scarlet drummed her fingers idly on the wooden table. Tiny scorch marks appeared where her bare fingers landed on the treated pine wood.

Scarlet straightened herself and crossed her legs. “I personally think it’d be best to wait till nightfall. Wait till the bastard is asleep then draw and quarter him.”

“I have to agree. I'll track him back to his home, now that I've confirmed he is here. Hang on - I'll get you - or should I say us - some more tea, and you some food. And ah - here.” He rummaged in his bags for a moment then handed her some gloves and a pair of long daggers. Then he stood up and headed towards the counter of the cafĂ©.

Scarlet picked up the gloves and pulled them on. Another perfect fit. She knew he had an eye for detail but this...She shook her head. Gloves weren’t exactly tailoured. It’d be easy to guess her size. Scarlet picked up the two iron daggers, nothing fancy about them and placed them just inside each of her boots. The feel of the cold metal against her skin calmed her. It made her feel she was protected. Not completely empty handed despite her rarely relying on physical weapons.

Hunter returned balancing a cup of tea and a few bread rolls which each hard a large dollop of butter ontop of it. Judging by how the butter was melting into a small crack in the top of the roll, they were freshly baked.

Scarlet drew in a deep breath as he sat it down in front of her. Such things… she enjoyed them immensely but rarely had them. Fresh bread was a luxury in the Northern Wastes. She picked up a roll and crunched it in her hands before breaking off pieces and chewing on them thoughtfully. Watching Hunter as he set the tea cup down, then slowly sat across from her. His silver gaze was on her for a moment - then those hard eyes softened for a moment before leaving, sliding around the scan the streets around them.

He wasn’t acting out of the ordinary. Rather, he was acting as though nothing had occured between the two of them at all. This should be good. Things should be this way. It’d sve Scarlet the headache of trying to set boundaries. Of pushing him away. She ignored the tinge of … what was it? Pain? Annoyance? Was she bothered?

Scarlet shook her head and shoved the rest of the roll into her mouth. Perhaps she needed Lye to eradicate her emotions again. It’d make things a hell of a lot easier. She couldn’t allow herself to be hurt again.