Getting out of the city proved more troublesome than expected. Militia police guarded all exits and the wall was heavily manned. The wall had seen better days, portions of it were in the process of being rebuilt from what looked like trebuchet fire. Each person, coming or going, required paperwork. My skillset would have proved easy enough to get me by unnoticed, but Rickhtor once again proved an obstacle. Luckily, he and Arythra were prepared. Last second, he slipped me the forged export documents for the cargo I brought from Salvar. A wagon waited for us outside the city walls. The crates of weapons, alchemical reagents, and raw materials were already packed in the cargo hold.

The journey northeast took us through The Red Barrens outside the port city. Much like Irrakam in Fallien, Dehlos was the gem in an otherwise inhospitable wasteland of rock and sand. It only makes logical sense why the roving tribes of orcs banded together to take Dehlos. Whether they survived by livestock or some manner of cannibalism, the riches and food on the other side of the wall would mean continuity of the tribes.

When we arrived at the designated location, I tied up the reigns to the wagon and took a moment to drink from my waterskin. I could see the entrance and the path to the chamber beneath us, but surely Richktor could not. Given his stunt back in the city, I still wasn't appeased with just the free lobotomy.

"Well?" asked the imp. "Are we taking a break to relieve ourselves or are we there?"

I took some of the excess water and poured a bit atop my head. The heat from the sun simmered away as my hair matted and dripped.

"Nice, waste our water too. It's not like we're out in the middle of the desert where water is plentiful." I grinned at his sarcasm. Instead of opting for a reply, I corked the skin and threw the remainder at him to catch. As he muttered something offensive, I walked up to the short cliff wall beside us and traced a marking I could see in the stones. Richktor stopped himself mid comment. The seemingly natural cliff of rock surged and shifted. It fell into itself and widened, deeper. Now, an opening large enough for our wagons and horses stood in the ground. A cool waft of air washed over us as I saddled back into the driver's seat.

"You're an immortal, stop bitching about water," I stated dryly then cracked the reigns. I didn't need to see the glare the imp was burrowing into my skull. Immortal or not, dying of thirst would be a terrible way to go. Especially, if you can't die.

As we traveled underground, the mechnized doorway behind us began to close. For a moment, we were thrust into darkness until our vision adjusted to the torchlight further down. We spiraled deeper and deeper until voices echoed our way and the path opened into a cavern. Easily, a couple dozen people greeted us with weapons either drawn or hands atop hilts -- a precautionary measure, but one quickly dismissed as they recognized the two of us. Several men made a point to quickly flank the wagon before we pulled aside. They feverishly checked the cargo area for stow aways and under the carriage until they were satisfied.

"You're late," a stern woman's voice called out from the crowd. "Several days late."

"My apologies," I returned. "Ran into some bad weather at sea."

"I'm aware." Arythra stepped forward from the others, most of them: faces I recognized. "Captain Abrams sent word ahead of you."

So that explains how he knew so much. It seems Arythra didn't trust my own payment would be enough to keep his lips sealed. Either it was smart on her behalf, or Ghaul worked both sides for the extra coin. Either way, it took care of one loose end.

"Anything else you'd like to tell me before we begin?" My irritation grated on my words. I didn't like being left in the dark. We were considered somewhat equal in station, but I ran this operation. I deserved to know.

"You're in my territory now, Ulroke. I'll tell you what you need to know. Nothing more." I narrowed my clouded gaze on her.

Arythra turned her back before I could threaten her as I'm sure she expected, but the threat would be empty. She knew her worth to the cause. They all did. Unlike the Seventh Sanctum, these people weren't expendable and nor could they be dispatched so easily. See, Arythra "The Word" Vallahiem was the most well known of all us. She had a strong economic presence in Dehlos, but like she withheld information from me, she withheld it from the whole city. Well loved and respected by most, she worked with me to realize a shared goal.

"Everyone!" she barked. "Now that Master Ulroke has arrived, we can begin. Please take your seats."

(Deets about the room, Lye speaks, start introducing the other ten as they discuss.)