EXP required for next Level: 2,239

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    Undead

View Profile
    Chris-

Just a point I want to make. You bring up some valid ideas and suggestions but end of the day you cannot FORCE someone to participate which is what I am getting out of your suggestions. I am someone who firmly believes in choice and free will if someone wants to participate in a workshop, for example, they should be ALLOWED to participate on their own NOT FORCED TO participate. I personally was not comfortable (And I'm still not comfortable) with the whole AP system. At least the way it is currently MAINLY gotten is through participation in the workshop system and certain site events/etc. I didn't like the idea of something forced on us which is the way it basically worked out.

I personally understand your concerns about site activity in certain regards but we don't NEED to start forcing people to do x, y, z. I read your entire talking points and I am concerned about some of the suggestions. However, it is not my place to say aye or naye about it here. Ultimately it's up to Tony and other folks to implement those changes or not. But yeah I digress. End of the day freedom of choice is where it should be, not forced participation. I think we're treading a dangerous line right there if people are gonna have to be FORCED to participate. Anyway that's how I feel about it. Either way keep up the good work suggesting things everyone!

Let Them Sing

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_Lorenor View Post
    Chris-

Just a point I want to make. You bring up some valid ideas and suggestions but end of the day you cannot FORCE someone to participate which is what I am getting out of your suggestions. I am someone who firmly believes in choice and free will if someone wants to participate in a workshop, for example, they should be ALLOWED to participate on their own NOT FORCED TO participate. I personally was not comfortable (And I'm still not comfortable) with the whole AP system. At least the way it is currently MAINLY gotten is through participation in the workshop system and certain site events/etc. I didn't like the idea of something forced on us which is the way it basically worked out.

I personally understand your concerns about site activity in certain regards but we don't NEED to start forcing people to do x, y, z. I read your entire talking points and I am concerned about some of the suggestions. However, it is not my place to say aye or naye about it here. Ultimately it's up to Tony and other folks to implement those changes or not. But yeah I digress. End of the day freedom of choice is where it should be, not forced participation. I think we're treading a dangerous line right there if people are gonna have to be FORCED to participate. Anyway that's how I feel about it. Either way keep up the good work suggesting things everyone!

I think you've been "whooshed" here, pal.

My point is focused on trying to get the community talking to each other about their writing, sharing positivity and constructive feedback to maintain a quality environment. I am not suggesting we force anything on anyone; it is my opinion alone that we should stop auto scoring. I also suggest that in the event we can't, we provide more feedback to help writers who submit. You may have noticed it's looking pretty barren for feedback.

Tl;dr version is "if we can't stop the auto scoring at least give people feedback"

I think a quick re-read of my post might clear up a huge misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 01-17-2018 at 03:22 PM.