Nosdyn watched his opponent arrive.

He appeared to be a noble folk of some kind or another...it was all right. Nosdyn walked forward and stood next to Hayate. "The fall of society." Nosdyn began. "Interesting to think about how close to the edge people are at any one point in time. I chose this arena for a reason." Nosdyn said calmly. He looked up at the smoke stained sky. "Death is also something interesting to think about." Nosdyn rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "But I did not request an opponent to discuss world views. I believe you answered the call for the same reason." Nosdyn equipped his weapon, removing the latch portion from his belt.

He activated his weapon, the blade manifesting a moment later. Yet, he did not immediately attack Hayate. "It's interesting to see how quickly empires crumble. We cling and cling to center at the calm of a storm...and in the end it all means shit." Nosdyn had a sad expression on his face. The sounds of the battle being waged and lives being snuffed out were a constant thing in that arena. In the distance, the image of The Citadel was on fire and being pillaged. At that point the shadow men clearly had defeated the forces of Radasanth. The motives of the attack were unclear, but it was clear that they were there to conquer.

Nosdyn looked off to his west for a moment, the shadow men were conversing on a huge estate.

Though normally he would have helped them...he knew it was futile to interfere. There would be another day to fight the shadow men. He turned his attention back towards Hayate. "On your mark, we can begin." Nosdyn said carefully.