Demigod? Rahl, that was impressive. My features became appreciation as I began to nod, slowly, my eyes taking her in. Part succubus - that definitely explained something about her. From the flirtation, to my interest in her and - dare I admit it - my heart pounding heavily. Intrigued, I let myself smile and lifted my chin as my fingers curled around the beer..

“Sired … from a demigod you say? Which one?” Because I knew quite a few, and had even had some relations with a few. Though that was back before the Calamity.

The look of annoyance marred her angelic features for a moment before she quickly composed herself once more. “You want to talk about my creator?” A sigh parted her lips as she pushed a hand through her locks. “The Thayneslayer, Breaker of chains, Joshua Cronen.” She practically spat his name out with disgust like it left a bad taste in her mouth.

My head tilted to the side and I looked into the distance, thinking of the name. Joshua Cronen - I frowned as I tried to think of a demigod by that name. ‘Demigod’ was a fairly relaxed word these days, and could be used to describe many things, from being blessed by a god, to being very distantly related to one. It did not mean, as it solely did in my elder days, that you were half god and half mortal. And then - Thayneslayer.

I breathed in. Few could claim that name. And only some months or years ago the divinity heavens were singing with the death of the Thayne Draconus. Slowly I breathed in, nodding and blinking as I looked back at her, my heart suddenly thumping with sorrow. A sigh escaped my lips. Even though I had not know them personally, and had heard terrible stories, to know the loss of another great divine being (besides Morté, because he was an ass) was harsh.

“Thayneslayer. I think ... I remember.” I looked back to her. “Not him. I remember hearing of Draconus’ death.”

She pursed her plush lips out slightly as her dark gaze met mine. “Death tends to follow my family,” Her tone was nonchalant but her eyes told a different story. She cleared her throat before shaking her head.

I paused, and then nodded to a corner of the small, quiet bar. “Shall we?”

Kora glanced from me to the table in the corner. She nodded slowly, “we shall,” she offered me one of her kinder smile, a blessing most didn’t get in a lifetime. Giving her a smile in return I picked up my beer and began to head over. There was a small booth with a padded seat either side and I sank into one side, wincing slightly as an ache still hating me.

“So,” I said as I watched her take the seat across from me. My hand curled tighter around my beer. “Your turn. I offered for you to ask any question.” And I looked into the fifteen year olds eyes, wondering if it was right to be entertaining ideas of a night with her, considering our vast age difference. But then, any age was vastly different to mine.