Flamebird
Decent intro; the mangled arm missing a finger definitely grabbed my attention, but it lacked the true power it could have delivered with a more vivid description. You also missed an opportunity to really draw the reader in by not immediately elaborating on the absent digit. There was a surprising number of spelling/grammar issues for a vignette (even a rather lengthy one). Another thing I should address is the use of multiple scenes. Keep in mind that a vignette should be like a "snapshot"... google defines it as "a brief, evocative description, account, or episode." Personally I believe this would have worked better if you'd used just one half of the story or the other, or found a way to condense and tell both.

Other than that, I did enjoy the read and your use of imagery and dialogue to convey a variety of emotions about the holidays. Sorry about the delay on judgment! I'll double up the rewards to make up for it. I hope you'll keep participating in these and growing into them!

Altair
I liked the way you used present tense to immediately jump into the action, and you had some nice descriptive moments as you carried the reader through the fight. There's definitely room for improvement, such as in the choice of the details you share. Your use of brevity was good, but just as an example, the first time you refer to the undead you call them his "unwitting enemies", which is not very descriptive and kind of confusing. It made me think he was surprise attacking a group of unsuspecting people, so I had to backtrack a bit when you explained what was happening further in.

Your interpretation of how your character enjoys a holiday was very interesting, but I'd encourage you to play more into the reality of your character's abilities. This vignette really made it seem like Kirin was practically invincible with nearly endless endurance, but there was no explanation of how or why he would be capable of fighting for such a long time and then spending the rest of the night running.

Other than that, I don't think I can fault you for spelling "Thaynesday" as "Thanesday", because who's to say both don't exist? While your next entry does not necessarily need to be longer, I would encourage you to delve a bit further into the scene and your character with the next vignette you create.

Lilthis
Your entry was elegant, and from there you carried your momentum at a very consistent pace. Your use of thoughtful details to describe your character and her surroundings really kept me informed, and her opinions about some things became clear as you revealed details about her such as her subtle racism and her love for liquor. You also have a knack for making your vignettes pretty much the perfect length, and all that combined earned you the victory here. You pretty much had me from "midnight lips".

Results

1st Place: Lilthis
2nd Place: Altair
3rd Place: Flamebird

Lilthis receives 600 EXP and 400 GP
Altair receives 320 EXP and 300 GP
Flamebird receives 700 EXP and 100 GP

Well done all of you! I doubled rewards and threw in some extra GP for Flamebird's excellent entry. Really no losers in this one, and I hope to see you all in the next!