Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    An old farmhouse, abandoned and dilapidated, sat lonesomely atop a hill. The muddy road was handled defiantly by the white mare. Heavy, long trots and a bobbing head showed a desire for the steed to master the less than hospitable road. Felicity's annoyance died down as she felt herself relating to the steed's stubborn desire to beat the odds. As mud stained the snow colored horse and Felicity's brown pants, Felicity turned her head to listen to her new teacher. He spoke philosophically, in metaphors and code. Felicity raised an eyebrow. She rather preferred straight to the point conversation, yet was easily intelligible enough to take in what the man in the white trench coat was saying.

Indeed, a lot had changed. The abandoned farm house even now showed signs of aging. The distant sound of an old frame finally rotting enough to fall echoed across the hill. The decaying grasses and poor farm fences were withering away. Yet, Shinsou was deliberate and bold. He spoke of carefulness and the butterfly effect. He then asked Felicity a question.

What was holding her back?

For the first time, Felicity winced. She wanted to believe she was like this horse, determined to push on and emerge victorious. She at least used to be like that. Yet, as her ghosts smothered her in a constant blur of day and night, she was constantly being pushed back. She tried. She tried so hard to outrun the haunted house of her thoughts. Yet, even now, a single name kept popping up in her mind.

Ayleth. Ayleth. Ayleth.

Felicity scowled, a low growl rumbling in her throat as she violently shook her head. This time it's different! Shinsou is different! Shut up!

She did not realize that she accidentally spurred Chamomile on again. The horse reared and neighed in annoyance. Felicity gasped, brought into the external world again. She held on to the reigns and forced the horse down. "It's okay, girl! I'm sorry!"

The horse stomped in sludgy mud, causing Felicity's bags and equipment to become dirtied as well. A drop of mud flung onto Felicity's cheek as she reached and gently rubbed the horse's neck. "It's okay! It's okay..."

Her voice quivered. She herself did not notice, but she was starting to shake. The horse sensed the anxiety inside the girl and suddenly mellowed, as if hoping to calm her down by being calm. Chamomile started to slowly trudge as Felicity repetitively rubbed her hand up and down the mare's neck.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 10-11-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.