Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Tears slipped down my face. I blinked rapidly, trying to clear my vision. I once again saw the dimly lit statues and columns in front of me. I saw the candles flickering their natural glow. Yet, the poison was still playing tricks. I was positive I heard - wait... That was the sound of the floor being torn up in front of me. It was like an earthquake. The floor vibrated beneath me. The first thought that flew into my mind, Don't get cut!

I dropped my equipment. The fall of the bow and arrow were a raindrop compared to the thunderstorm of rubble. I fell to my knees, covering as much as I could with my vlince gambeson. I raised my arms in front of my face, clenching my fists. I felt the wind of the blast rustle my hair. Pebbles sprayed me like sea water, and I could feel rubble slamming into me. Don't bleed! Don't bleed! D-

*Slit!*

I was gone.

She lowered her stance as she bolted forth. The statue started to crumble behind as she darted towards the direction of the fading shockwave. She ran, blind rage ruling her every movement. With abandon, she chased the shadows, only to find no life there to crush.

Then, I came back.

"Ick!" I reached and grasped the cut in my hand. It was not tiny, but it was not big either. It did not cut too deep, but even this was enough to activate my uncontrollable powers. Thankfully, the poison had slipped away. I could feel the cut clearly, after all. I also could tell I was in the shadow of a statue. It struck me that I was vulnerable. I had blindly chased, and now was in a spot that could easily be played into Shinsou’s hands.

I need to close our distance somehow.

I took wary steps. I casually slipped my hand into my satchel as I rounded one of the end tables. I leaned against the table, tapping the hilt of my remaining arming sword. I looked around the tall chambers, peering into the darkness. I had a plan.

I started to speak. "I'm even more impressed than last time. You have grown." I drew my delyn arming sword, Heart, while slipping something from my satchel under the table bottom. Hopefully, talking and the loud shling Heart made would have been enough to hide it.

"But I've made progress too. You know I lose control when I bleed. That's why you threw an attack like that at me. You're not stupid. Neither am I."

I pushed myself up, my half-torn gambeson rippling. My hand still bled, it stung, but I marched away from the table with Heart on my other hand.

"You want to know where Arius transported me? The worst place for my safety, and the best place to learn not to rely on my powers alone."

I stopped under the canopy of a giant statue, back completely turned to the table. My explosive bird hovered right beneath the table. If Shinsou came in this direction, it could easily explode. It was tempting, after all, to hide where one's opponent's back was turned. My plan was set in motion. I just needed Shinsou to fall for it.

"Salvar."

I revealed the location I spent a bitter month traveling through. I spat the cold, winter region's name like a curse word. I knew I never wanted to visit that place again. Yet, it also shaped me. I raised my sword, ready to fight.

"Come! Shinsou!"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-13-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.