Ezra couldn't help but quietly grimace as the Church man woke up and spat blood on Atzar. Their emotions had spiked and shattering the man's jaw had not been the intention of the Homunculi. Guilt had hung over their head for a bit as they fled from the Mage Hunters who would be sure to follow after realizing the Church man had vanished without a trace along with the two heretics. The duo's crimes, in the eyes of the Church, were definitely climbing and the future of the Homunculi was getting a little more dangerous. They took a deep breath as their gaze shifted to where the duo had come from, and Atzar was currently checking on their new 'friend'. They couldn't help but be curious of the rebellious mage; he had been so gruff yet seemed to be rather kind. Ezra couldn't really understand how people hid themselves behind so many layers and chose to be so complicated. Ezra didn't talk about everything asked of them, sure, but they were much more open and honest with what they thought and felt compared to others. Secrets were the antithesis of knowledge, and knowledge was true power over everything else.

Atzar's warning, however, threw them off.

Ezra turned back from their quiet introspection and gave the raven-haired mage a raised brow in response. Was he expecting some form of objection? Was it a ploy to lull the mage hunter into a full sense of security? They remained quiet for a long moment before pulling the hunting knife from its sheath once more and tossing it into the snow by Atzar. "Well, if it must be done, then do what is needed. I have no objections. I only ask of you two things: make sure his screams are stifled when... 'persuading' his cooperation, and ideally do not eliminate him once you are done. Depending on his answers to you, he might have some answers about what I seek as well." They looked to Atzar with a stoic expression, attempting to hold a serious look to emphasize their tone. "Once we have gotten all that we can out of him..." Their gaze shifted down to Wheezy, and a horrendous smile grew on the Homunculi's face. Mimicking a full smile was not something Ezra liked to do often, as it had negative social results every time they had attempted to do it thus far. Their teeth seemed somewhat sharp and vicious as they looked down on the beaten up hunter, and they made the grin a little bit wider as they spoke.

"You can do with him what you like. Your species can continue to thrive with him no longer in the breeding group."

As soon as the smile had appeared, Ezra turned on their heel and started carefully moving away from the fallen log and off to a small grove of trees. "I shall return shortly. I will keep watch for any uninvited guests while you... work." The mage hunter let out a small, audible gulp and the Homunculi began moving around a few of the trees to look for a distraction while Atzar began his questioning. Hopefully, Ezra's tactic would make the man a little more agreeable in helping their cause.