Verging on the light side of green, if you wish to know. A neutral person, with good.” Vitruvion smiled, leaning back, more comfortable. “That is the colour of your soul and your lines of power are blood red, your chakras crimson, your heart pure white. That is what my Stare sees.” He crossed his legs, and went on.

“As to suffering, I'm very skilled in that sort of thing.” He gave a convincing, bloodthirsty grin. “I take care of what is mine, despite what others think of me, and one of my prized possessions is Stare. She, or Raevin, for instance, gets harmed, people die. It is simple mathematics.”

He took another drink of his tea, keeping his eyes on Nevin, gauging his reactions. His eyes continued to shine with a less than decent-hearted light.

“So you need not fear there, alchemist.”

Nevin had listened quietly as Vitruvion listed colors at him. He knew they had import - that he was neutral with tendencies towards good made sense, and his power being crimson made… Well, it was pretty obvious to him, and probably to the other entity as well it was the last that confused him, what did it mean that his heart was pure white? His honesty? But Nevin had secrets and he normally did his best to keep them. Perhaps something else?

No matter, not now. For now, he nodded once at Vitruvion’s answer. While he would never be able to think as Vitruvion did, consider another living being as nothing more than a prized possession, Nevin did agree with the sentiment of protecting what was dear to oneself. He might find several of the white haired man’s actions reprehensible, incomprehensible, the Alchemist could, on this matter, agree with the other individual.

“Good. Scum like that does not deserve to breathe without pain, or breathe for that much longer at all.”

“Indeed,” Vitruvion directly agreed, leaning back. “They do not. They-”

He paused as he felt Stare very obviously open herself up, throwing her awareness to the ether.

What? he asked.

Found both somewhere to stay and a trail, she told him, an image of a grand hotel before her. It seemed fine enough. Will it do?

Vitruvion blinked a few moments then replied. Yes. Come join me here. I have found someone you might want to see.

He sent her a very clear image of a bald Nevin sitting before him. Her reply was almost instant.

Shit. You bastard. You fucking- And there was the sound of her running. He sent her very direct and simply directions, his lips pulling into a proud smirk, simply enjoying his placement of pieces.

“Stare is coming now,” he told Nevin, eyes focusing back on him, the grin clear on his face. “While she runs … tell me how is your own investigation going?”

Nevin blinked once at that rather innocuous statement followed by a question. Whatever byplay had just gone on was apparently entirely mental, as Vitruvion had done nothing more than grin mischievously after blinking. Still, he had no reason not to answer - Avis would likely get the information through their link, and if not the Alchemist had no problem with telling her directly.

“I have, I believe, narrowed it down to a rather specific region in the slums of this city. The cult I am after would find it easiest to gather disillusioned people from districts like that, and at this point it is merely a matter of tracking them down in specific. I know they're here in this city - as soon as I got inside the walls I could feel their magic at work. The slums are where the feel is the strongest - but I came out this way tracking an errant source. It has gone now though, and right now I…. Well, the sensations come and go. Something seems to be either distracting my magic, or interfering with it.” He shrugged and took another sip of his decidedly bland tea. The man wished it was better, but he wasn't about to go creating ghosts in other areas of the city to chase just so he could have a good drink.

Vitruvion concentrated on Stare feverishly running for another moment before looking back at Nevin. He ran a hand down the edge of the cup, thinking for a moment about what he knew of blood mages. Focusing briefly on what he could feel around him the god looked into his own version of Stare's aura sight, except it was far more powerful and clear. There was a distinctive pulsing of energy he found, flowing thickly like blood. It was uncharming, smelt of iron and copper and left a foul taste in his mouth.

“Indeed,” he paused for a moment before raising a finger and pointing in the direction that the magic felt strongest from. Then he let his hand fall back to the table. “I have had rare experience with mages of your type but yes. There is. Start there,” he jabbed the finger again.

He lost his smile then, simply willing to wait for her to come to them.

Nevin had raised an eyeridge as the entity in front of him closed his eyes and focused. A distinctly unpleasant look crossed his face, like someone sucking on an overly tart fruit, or smelling something foul. Then he raised one hand and pointed in the direction of the slums that Nevin had been investigating.

It was a confirmation of what he already suspected - but it also made certain thoughts he had about the nature of the man in front of him more pronounced. Nevin could detect it because of his similar magic, a faint tremor that hummed in his skin. But this man, this being, had closed his eyes and did nothing for a moment, before pinpointing it as well as Nevin himself had. He sipped his tea as he pondered the man in front of him, and waited for his friend to arrive.