"I like you. I'm gonna keep you safe."

Her brows rose at that, but her hand curled around the papers all the same. Two pages, both crisp as if newly made, of so old that age had dried them sour. Her eyes glanced down quickly, looking at the scratchy, angled marks. 'Saraelian,' he had said. 'Primordial.'

Do you know it? 'Primordial' would still suggest Althanas.

Vitruvion was a master of many languages, even those of dead cultures. The idea of him knowing something that was ancient was highly likely.

There was a pause. I believe so. My instincts thought ancient demonic and what he says is connected to ... the god in the back of her mind took a moment to get up from his seat in his private study and head through into the vast library of his home. He showed her images of the rows and rows of books, the endless possibilities. He said 'book'. More reason for you to enter the house itself. Go with him, his pale, sculpted hand with keen muscles slid along the spines of several brown, tattered times. Even if you split up, I can translate much of it.

Stare breathed in and looked over to the intriguing man. He was already sauntering away, having said his piece. By the way he had looked at her he seemed intrigued, as if she was a new sight. It wasn't a surprise he had never seen her kind before. Most hadn't - kenku were very few and far between.

Altogether he was a strong, knowing man - or being. Stare slipped into the aura sight for a moment and caught a glimpse of a chaotic personality and a dark, spiralling power that ... Well was sable black like that of demonic, but had an aged essence to it. Slowly she blinked, focusing in on him as he walked away, becoming as intrigued by him as he was by her.

Run. He is walking away.

Sucking in a breath through both beak and thin nostrils, nestled within the keratin, Stare began to run. Her clawed feet, with the shining steel claws as extra sharp attachments, scraped along the dusty ground. Her small knife and pack bumped against her back as she went, eager as she was.

"Stare," she introduced herself, folding the papers now and sliding them inside her pouch. "If you get the book I'll see you outside after we-"

And then there before them was the void between the doorposts. Whether the man had heard her, Stare was unsure, but he stepped right into the great darkness without hesitation. A pause and she considered herself, as indecision floated through her. Should she go in? Was it wise? Was there anything she had to do?

Vitruvion was pouring over a book. A loose connection to him told her as such, as he flipped through pages. Pausing she knew he expected her to head straight in, and so she knew she must.

After that minute pause the kenku nodded to herself, and then took the step. She strode, raised her head. Stepped.

Into the castle of horrors.