She chittered slightly and swayed back and forth as she looked down at my drawing, her face tightening in what I would call worry. Cobalt, it looked like she had no idea what was going on either. Worse, I was beginning to doubt that she was even from this world - from what I knew, all of the sentient races could, at the very least, speak Tradespeak, or at least understand it even if they couldn't quite speak it themselves. This woman did not in the least, and it seemed like she could manage our language - her pronunciation of my name had a clear accent but was understandable.

Or she was from super reclusive tribe, one that had a sum total of zero contact with the rest of the world. But that didn't make sense either - she had seemed, and with the quick glances she would shoot at me still was, confused by my legs or lack thereof. Unless her tribe had forbidden all knowledge of the other races, she should know about bipeds, but she acted like this was the first time she had ever seen one.

Then she began drawing in the ground. At first it made sense, spider figures like her own - but then she started adding wings and from there it became a convoluted mess that I couldn't make heads or tails of. Apparently she saw this even before I could say a thing to display my lack of comprehension, because she chittered angrily as she glared at her drawing. Then she shivered, and I finally realized that she was not exactly wearing clothes that would keep her warm here. I coughed and turned my head from the rather blatant evidence of her being cold, and took off my cloak and held it out to her. While I wasn't entirely comfortable in the cold I was at least in long sleeved clothes underneath the cloak.