"A fissile material that is being perpetuated inside the body - but doesn't match known reactive metals. Hmm. And - yes, if your magic is inactive then there's a good chance that one of the byproducts of this chemical in your system undergoing its fission is what is causing the change in your mental and emotional states. Possibly an increased flow of testosterone or adrenaline, tying in with the deadening of pain receptors. Or possibly a racially specific hormone agent, something that would be fine in another person but in your unique state is affecting your mind harmfully." More notes jabbed down, options scribbled down in the notebook under his hand. The fact that it was definitely something undergoing a chemical fission was worrying enough - bodies were not meant to withstand that kind of force normally, atoms being split was almost to a fault utterly destructive. That might be why her magic was 'inactive' - instead it was all focused inwards,
on keeping her body from ripping apart at the released energies.

"So, possibly an organic salt, something that has been converted from a metal into something your body can produce on its own. There are - there are a few creatures I know of that produce salts inside of their own bodies, and while I was in the reaches of Tular I did find one that...hm. It might not be the same, but what I saw there might be of help - let me see, what plant did that thing eat?" Nevin stood up abruptly and walked into the back of the shop, pushing open the doorway and leaving it hanging open as he moved over to the bookshelf that was in the small study area.

"No, that's from the Raerian region, that's from the outstretches of Corone, that's the sea forest plants - AH here it is." Soft ramblings, barely audible, came from the back, along with the sounds of books being moved around, thumping against wood. Nevin came out with a thin black book, with a light grey 'T' embossed on the front, that he sat down and began flicking through rapidly, dark red eyes scanning back and forth rapidly. "It wasn't a fern species or a mushroom, what was it -
bark? Ah, from one of the native trees. What properties did that have." A long, red-lined finger traced across the page as Nevin's brow furrowed. Suddenly he looked up, locking eyes with Felicity, the light from his lamp catching them and showing their true color, deep, almost black, red.

"I don't have any of a similar plant on hand, but the tree that this thing was eating was of a family that is known for having mild psychotropic effects. In this case, people who ingest teas or eat meat that has been smoked with wood from these trees are reported to be laxer than normal, almost an overly enforced calm. We might be able to use that as a basis for a medicine for you. However, before I make something actually for you, I ... I have to agree with your thought. We need to take a sample of your blood and see what the reaction causes, see if we can identify a released hormone or something. We might be able to use a combination of efforts to mitigate the adverse effects on you." He stood up and went to a small cabinet behind the counter, and pulled out a small satchel.

The Alchemist carefully set the bag down on the countertop, and began pulling things out from inside. First came a pair of small glass vials, which were uncorked and set to one side, then came a small, sharp scalpel. The final thing he drew out was a needle attached to a syringe - and he looked up when he heard a sharp inhalation, and saw that Felicity's verdant eyes were locked onto the needle, and she was shaking slightly. A fear - but just to needles, she didn't react to the scalpel coming out. Hm. Nevin cleared his throat and set the needle on the counter, moving his hand clearly away from it as he watched his ...patient?

"We have, well, options if necessary. If you think you need it, I do have soporifics I can offer, something to put you to sleep for a short time. Or, I do have a means of restraining you if that doesn't suit your wishes. As for taking the blood, I can either do that with a needle, or with my other talents." He raised one eyebrow slightly, and left the decision to her.