“Stare,” he warned her.

“It is amusing though,” she confessed, flinching slightly as his hand tightened on the rim of his goblet. He said nothing more, only eyed her with grim anger. Quickly, she looked to Nevin. “Sorry, it is just Ventrua will not mean you any harm. She is abrasive but that is all.”

Her god glared at her whilst he picked up from that point. “Ventrua came with me from Ansaldo’s planet. Half our father, half a mortal woman, of the Hitarik people. She was supposed to be my ‘servant’ for all of the worth it was, after he shoved me out but obviously she more or less is my equal.” He dragged his eyes away from Stare to look at Nevin, though his knuckles were still white. “She can be abrasive, and demanding, especially of her ‘dear brother’.” For a moment he looked like he might fly into a rage, but then he pulled himself down and took a couple of breaths. “I have told her specifically not to harm you, and not to react like she did when I made Stare aware.”

For a moment, Nevin thought about asking about how exactly she had reacted when Stare was informed of the situation. Had she tried to attack his friend? Or had it been - from the way Stare was laughing at first, Ventrua would not be the type to attack. Or at least, she wouldn’t attack him physically, which he was thankful for. He didn’t really have any kind of defensive option if she had decided to attack him directly, not beyond his threads. And he knew many people could punch harder than his threads could block.

But, abrasiveness, that he could handle. He might return the favor, but at least it wouldn’t overwhelm him to deal with someone like that. The redhead took a deep breath, and shook his head. “I thank you for the warnings as they stand, then. I’ll keep an eye out for her and try not to be taken aback.” Nevin leaned forward, his head aching. It seemed like he had been using his new power a bit too flagrantly, and now he was dealing with the aftereffects. Namely, a splitting migraine that was hurting him the longer he kept his eyes open.

He pushed his way to his feet, gripping his head in one hand. He flashed them a pained smile. “It seems like being able to see the bonds between people isn’t a power you can use for free. I - I need some rest, it appears. Excuse me.” The alchemist bowed, and wavered on his feet slightly. He straightened up successfully though, and started heading out the door, his destination the main entrance.

“The room you slept in last night is still available,” Vitruvion said, reaching for his wine goblet again.

As Nevin wavered his brows rose and Stare sucked in her breath alarm. Glancing over at him she then swung her long beak at Vitruvion. A silent moment passed between them, with her expressing the desire to greet her friend. Waving a hand at her he quietly dismissed her, with a note of, I will see you later. Do not be too long.