Scarlet didn’t want this - she...she did want this, but not like this not with a man who couldn’t differentiate her from his dead wife. Not in such a way that slowly built a heated warmth up inside of her. Not in such an odd and tender way. Why was he being so gentle? Why wasn’t he being rough?

He pulled his head back for a moment and gave her one long, slow lick, then turned his silver gaze back up to her face. “I'm looking forward to your cry, dawn girl.” Then he was back down, his tongue gently curling around her clit for a moment before it delved back inside of her, widening and stretching out as he worked her over slowly, softly.

He was? Scarlet bit down on her tongue. Then she wouldn’t. She wouldn’t cry out for the man. Even if what he was doing felt damn good. Her body writhed and bucked beneath him as she felt his tongue delve into her, running up along her inner walls and curling around-

Scarlet moaned as he drew away and started sucking gently on her clit. A long, low and muffled moan. The woman shoved her hand into her mouth and bit down hard to avoid screaming. Just when she thought she’d cum then and there he shifted away to look at her, silver eyes glimmering with desire. “Relax, Dawn girl. Just me and you here. Let go.”

Then, his tongue slid back into her. How did he know exactly what to do? Her head swam and she felt fuzzy. Her entire body tickled with a heated warmth that she oh so craved. He started up a steady rhythm, his tongue sliding deep inside of her and curling, then pulling back out, massaging her inner wall as it left her. He would do this several times, then pull away to gently suck and nibble on her clit, before sliding his tongue back in and repeating the process.

Fuck...Her hips unwittingly bucked into him and his fingers curled around her inner thighs holding her in place. Scarlet wouldn’t be able to hold out much longer- she had already come close to orgasm twice before that night - and now - and now

“Fuck…” Scarlet hissed as she rolled her head back. She felt her insides twitch, and she knew he felt it too. He switched back to suckling on her clit and his fingers dug deeper into her flesh. Not enough to cause pain, it was a possessive grip. A low rumble vibrated his lips as Scarlet groaned loudly, reaching orgasm. “F-Fuck… Fuck….” She muttered between moans. Her body twisted beneath his grip, she was panting. And then he hummed, his tongue and lips vibrating around her clit as he gently nursed on it, suckling and caressing the sensitive nub with his tongue.

“S-stop….” Scarlet gasped as she tried to push his head away, “T-that’s sensitive.” She heard an amused laugh as he continued.

Giving up Scarlet melted into her soft bed, squirming, writhing and finally giving him what he wanted, a scream as her body convulsed a second time, he worked her right through to a second almost painful orgasm.

Then, with a final, gentle kiss to it, he pulled away, and this time he was the one licking his lips. He sat back on his heels and closed his eyes, and she could see he was savoring it. Her scream, or her taste, she wasn't sure. Then he slowly climbed up onto the bed, and laid down beside her - just far enough away not to he touching her, but close enough that she could just almost feel his warmth. “I - Dawn girl. Scarlet.” His voice seemed - content. Then, wondering. “Has - anyone ever given you an orgasm without pain? A - a gentle one, like this?” She heard him shift on the bed, and knew he was facing towards her.

“No.” Came her quiet response. They hadn’t. Not even Shinsou. Not even Taka. She felt his arms wrap around her, and he pulled her to his chest. It was a loose hold, one she felt she could break free from with ease. But she just didn’t have the energy nor the will to move away.

“I certainly didn’t expect it from the self proclaimed Sadist.” She muttered, keeping her gaze on the far wall.

“Dawn girl. I told you before. I know when tender, gentle sex is important too.” His hand was gently rubbing her stomach now, soft and slow circles on her skin. The touches tingled - the feeling of his skin sizzling against hers. For someone who preferred causing pain, he didn't seem to care about the fact that just touching her had to hurt.

“How is anything with me gentle? Being around me makes people physically sick. Touching me burns your skin. I am not a good person Hunter.” She didn’t know how many times she’d have to repeat herself, to prove that she was not someone who was worth these tender affections. Nor someone who would need them.

“I don't recall ever being sick when near you. And I don't mind the sting of my skin touching yours. And as for being a good person. I may say I am a protector and a decent person - but then I go ahead and rip people apart. I bathe in their blood and relish it. When I saw that you had that your hand in that greasy fucker’s chest - I wasn't disturbed, or disgusted. I was - happy.” His voice was calm and steady as his fingers rolled across her skin.

Happy… when was the last time she genuinely felt such a thing. Scarlet sat up and rolled over to look at the man beside her. “I don’t think I can keep denying how familiar you are to me.” Hunter slowly sat up himself, though he moved so his back was against the wall. Why did she feel like she knew he always liked to have a support behind his back when sitting down? He tilted his head to one side, silver eyes shining softly as he raised one eyebrow.

“This isn’t exactly new territory for me…” Scarlet mused as she kept her eyes on him. “I’ve been in…” She paused. Could she really call it a relationship? As time passed it felt more and more one sided. She shook her head. “No. I suppose I haven’t.” He arched his brow curiously. Scarlet sighed as she lifted a hand to her head, wiping the sweat away.

“I look at you and I mean, I…”

He shifted forward, his silver eyes closing part way as he stared at her. He seemed intent on each and every word.

“It makes me think.” The broken woman gave a bitter laugh and shook her head. “Ah but there is no dwelling on what if’s and what could have been. There is no use dreaming nor hoping about what could be.” Her words probably made no sense, they barely made any to her.

“Hoping about what can be drives people forward.” His voice was as soft as the look in his eyes.

Scarlet pulled hers away from his. “Hope is empty. It only drives fools forward, and fills the desires of the needy.”

“Then I'll be a fool. The Hunter, the Fool.”

“Really...what is there. You’re Fi’Layn. A hunter under my employ. One who cannot and won’t be tied down by such needless and foolish errants as emotions and relationships.” She sounded like she was trying to convince herself of something. “I am a monster carrying a child I do not want to a man I serve. If I dared start feeling it’d only end in heartache.”

He said it himself.

She knew it.

There was nothing.

“Someone told me. That I would regret it if I woke up one day, and had turned my back on every relationship, waiting for the day when I finally ‘retired’. Because it would be too late - I would be alone, and stay that way.” His voice was soft. “That I would die without knowing love.”

She forced her eyes shut and took a few deep steady breathes. Being alone wasn’t bad. She had to be alone, and she had to steel herself. She had to not fall for a man. She had to ignore these feelings inside of her and their wants. Her wants. She had to ignore the fact that the very word he uttered. That accursed four letter word may be what she was starting to feel for the man.

“I can’t start to feel that for you…” She whispered. “This….can’t...I can’t.” She ferociously shook her head. “This having feelings for you bullshit!? I can’t …. I can’t keep letting that happen!”