The bitter lady interrupted “I’ll be your servant.”

I shook my head “Nope, I don’t want you around me, you free five of your serfs.”

She shook her head “No, a year of your service isn’t as valuable as even one serff.”

I smirked, and chuckled my way through “So you think your sponsored man will lose?”

She was caught, her mouth curled into an unpleasant snarl, and she promptly agreed “Five serfs! My champion will win. Nobles know better than commoners this will show you.” If this lady knew half of what she thought she knew she would not have been so rash, and been smrt about her betting she would not have dug herself so deep.

It was about then that I noticed the older gentleman that had been speaking with me for the last several days was not in the Inn, and most likely gone after he gave my money back to me.

Shortly thereafter the final bout began, Morigan knew his opponent, and did not move toward him. In fact he nonchalantly made his way to an edge of the fighting ring, and leaned against the post.

Rick was incensed “Aren’t you going to fight old man?”

Morigan turned around, and rolled his spear in his hand, and replied “A dumb bully like you? Why waste time?”

Rick went scarlet “What did you call me!”

Morigan chuckled “I called you a dumb bully, now I’m calling you a fat pig.”

Rick the dumb oaf fell into Morigan’s trap, and charged full sprint wrecklessly swinging his massive club in a downward swing, that Morigan saw coming from a mile off, and easily side stepped. The club smashed through the fence posts, and Morigan finally picked up his spear, and hit Rick in the back of the head with it hard enough to make anyone’s ears ring.

Rick ripped the club from the rubble of the fence, and gave a wild swing causing Morigan to step back, and well away from the monstrous club. Rick the big dumb oaf, was big, and dumb, and fat, and unless he was his fights with in the first few moments he would tire easily.

After another energy devouring swing, Morigan began picking Rick apart. First the hand gripping the club had its wrist broken with the back side of Morigan’s spear; then Rick’s thighs were stabbed in quick succession causing Rick to fall to his knees screaming in pain, tears welling up in his eyes in fear. Now at almost any point in this fight Morigan could have killed Rick, but instead Morigan showed a cruel mercy, he rared back, and swung the haft of his spear into Rick’s jaw knocking teeth out, and Rick the dumb oaf fell unconcious.