Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin

Soul Sisters

WELL that was a wild ride! Literally, horses and carriages? Gross. They stank and things moved around and all that other stuff. Stupid dumb animals. I was finally back in Corone and away from Salvar. Away from the cold and wet snow, ugh I hated that…. And away from that crazy plant woman with her crazy red angry blob of a soul I had tricked her out of.

I placed my hand hard against my chest.

I….I finally had a piece of a soul...it wasn’t what I expected.

Then again, when I carefully took it out of the plant lady, I didn’t expect it to literally screech, and have strange giant tentacle like things pierce me, and have it force its way into my chest. That was….I’ve worked with souls my entire life and that was the first time I had ever seen anything like that. It was unnatural for a soul to do that. Was that why Madison didn’t care that I had taken it? She almost seemed relieved.

I couldn’t blame her.

I tightened my hand around the deep blue silken robe I wore. This soul. It hurt. It felt like it throbbed against my being, cold, dark, and empty. Sometimes it was hard to breathe...and now...every time I slept, I swore I heard whispers.

My blue tail swung casually from side to side, a frown upon my usual cheery lips. Ears down, I felt troubled and I did not like feeling that. It was the opposite of happy. I came back to Corone because it was warm, and this was where I met that man, that Venex man. The crazy one in a blue tailcoat.

The thought of him bought the faintest of smiles to my lips. He’d see me like this, and laugh. Oh what a sight I was. I stopped in the middle of the street, much to the annoyance of passerbys, took a deep breath and forced a rather rambunctious laugh.

“HAHAHAHAHA!”

Sometimes, all one had to do to make themselves feel better was laugh, and it worked. I felt lighter already. “Eteri do good!” I said with a triumphant nod.

“What are you? Mad!?” A middle aged man said as he shoved his finger in his ear, cleaning it out. I wrinkled my nose. He looked all hoity toity. He wore a boring off brown shirt with dark blue pants, his shoes were all shiny and buffed. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Nyer! Pick Eteri winner!” He had his finger deep in his ear, what else was I supposed to say?

“What did you just say to me!?” He spat. His face was clean shaven, and so was his head, I could almost see tiny little veins pop out in frustration against his skin. I grinned as I stepped closer, pointing it out.

“Ooo! Look, your oily skin, is all pulsating!”

He batted my hand away. “Do you have any idea who I am!?”

“Bald angry man!”

He stomped his foot. Ok, scratch that, really angry bald man. I opened my mouth to correct myself. It was the least I could do! I mean, I didn’t want to lie to him. Geez….when was the last time I did such a thing? I shrugged, tail waving wildly. This was fun! He was fun. Maybe he would like to be friends too.

“Oh, oh! I know! You be Eteri friend!?” I said as I clapped my hands together, rubbing them furiously before extending one in earnest greeting toward him. “Friend make happy!”

“I’ll be happy to see your ears on my wall!” He spat as he reached behind him to pull something from his back pocket.

I frowned. “Well that not very nice thing to saying!”

I saw the glint of metal. A knife!? He pulled a knife of ME!? ETERI!? Who did he think he was! No really...who, because I didn’t have a gosh darn clue.

“Hey! That not nice!”

He lunged, I dodged. I mean - it was pretty easy...he was sloppy and it was clear he was not a fighter. “No hurt please!”
    I am cat gurl, gib me ur soul

Legend

EXP: 59,606, Level: 10
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 5,394
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,394

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    NOTE: SET JUST AS STARE IS STARTING OUT, BEFORE VINDREXIS STORYLINE.
    Arrogant bastard,” she muttered tightly under her breath as she strode through these horrifyingly familiar streets. “Just because I was once from near-”

I heard that, came the calm, handsome voice from inside her head.

Stare caught glimpse of a long, underground tunnel lit by torches. A flash of pointed ears and bronze-brown hair. The sound of leather boots striding on cobbles. He was in the catacombs of Beinost, in his malicious empire known as the Hollow and was showing her them to remind her where she had come from in the last six months. From being a captive there, service to every sexual and devious desire he had longed for, to now being his steward and representative here in Radasanth.

A woo-hoo. Yey, for the big promotion, she thought. Sarcastically.

Then the images and sounds were gone as he sighed. Stare, really, he, her master and essentially a god, Sir Vitruvion Ellsmith, chided, You should take pride in what you have achieved. You are useful to me in the fact you know Radasanth, Corone … that area. Now will you please continue your work.

I am, you bastard, She looked up at the long, paved street before her, full of the hustle and bustle of ordinary life. Humans, mostly, with the odd elf, ogre and other exotic species, drifting from building to building and area to area. There were the usual noises of merchants shouting out their wares from unusually positioned stalls, parents berating their children and lovers confessing their affections. All which Stare was entirely, recently, used to having been mainly living in a grand mansion in the governmental centre of the patchwork Beinost.

Of course you are, my dear, was the reply.

And she rolled her eyes at his odd humour, and continued on her way.

Folding her arms over her chest she continued to keep eyes and ears out for what exactly she was looking for. With the fall of Vitruvion’s millhouse, and the rise in popularity in Raiaera for foreign beers (apparently), he had deemed it time to exercise business in that area. With the fact that Stare was now his steward-come-representative when he couldn’t be bothered, and that she had spent a full year in Corone on her own, she was the obvious choice. Thus, she was here, eyes and ear-holes out on the search for any idea of where to begin with buying or building a brewery.

Her feathered appearance and massive beak did not exactly put people to comfort, but at least they were more comfortable with it here than Raiaera. After all, the kenku lands were not too far away. On the same piece of land in fact. So every so often a bird-person did wander into these streets, and therefore Stare only received one odd look out of every hundred or so. Curiosity spurned her when she spied a man with ragged tattoos raising his eyebrows. Tattoos were usually either for racial purposes, gang symbols or warriors, in her experience. Rather specific, and rare in these nicer parts of the city. Eagerly she slipped into the realms of her newer abilities and brought her aura-sight into the foreground.

Which was when she heard a shout.

“No hurt please!”

Twirling around, and expecting danger, her hand fled to the mythril dagger at her belt. Colours of people, good bad and ugly, fled past her as she focused down the crossing street that the tattooed man had come from. There was an older man, bald head and green aura (very neutral) with his hands up and a cat girl - a fucking cat girl - skipping out the way. And her - her colour …

Stare stopped, stunned. Absolutely confounded. The girl was glowing, massively, with colour. And not just one, but many. All of them.

All the colours of the rainbow … and a thousand more. A myriad auras - souls - stuck onto one person.
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

EXP: 15,383, Level: 5
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 4,617

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    He lunged again! Rude. Something had to be done. I stepped to the side, again avoiding him. I wasn't a fighter… and would normally loose but this guy? He was just an angry old fuddy duddy. I blinked, and suddenly a flash of colours; from the people around me, and from my own attire - a hand crafted scarf made of the souls of vegabonds, animals and the like. My soul sight. Ahhh…. That explained it. I looked at the man who had a muddy gross green soul, it had tinges of sickly yellow and brownish red, like the colour of dried blood. He was on his last legs, and he had lived an utterly boring life.

“-And that’s why I’m going to gut you, you little wrench!”

I blinked. Shit. Had he been talking? I wasn’t paying attention. “Eteri turn now!” I said as I ducked under his broad swing, placing my bare hand against his chest, I gripped tightly and pulled. His eyes widened as he saw it, his own soul being pulled from his body. Now, I am not a monster, I wasn’t going to rip it right out of him, I was just going to chop a tiny bit of it off. That’d show him!”

“What the fuck is that!?”

By now, we had an audience, a group of half a dozen onlookers who I didn’t really care to pay too much attention to. I wondered briefly if they could see what I saw, if they couldn’t - the scene would have been an odd one. The old man was now on his knees, almost paralized. Blue grey eyes wide in fear. “Stay still.” I said as I reached into my trusty shoulder bag and rummaged around till I pulled out my scissors. I carefully cut into it, shifting along the edges, removing a long strip from his shimmering soul. What would a dressmaker call it? A hem? That was a silly name, edge-bit sounded much more appropriate! I snipped the last bit away and let go of his soul, it slowly came to rest back into his form. He just sat there on the floor, dumbfounded as I put the scissors away then pulled out a small vial. I shoved the long, thin piece of his soul into it. It was too gross to use on me, I had yet to find any soul for me beyond Taka’s. But the part he gave me was safe in my satchel. I wouldn’t make myself anything nor attach anything to myself till I had a full and complete patchwork soul.

The angry red blob excluded, but that wasn’t my fault, it drilled itself into me, painfully so.

I sighed. So much for happy-fun-times. I needed to find Ven, or Barchie. I placed my hands on my hips as I glanced to and fro, now...where was his store? It was… on a street, with people...and that was, practically the entirety of this place. “Ah poop!” I said as I pouted. I was lost.

Oh? The man. Yeh, he was fine. Or will be, he picked himself up, dusted himself off and mumbled some half assed apology before disappearing into the crowd. He lost his oomph. When people lost part of their soul, it affected them differently, some went mad, others became more docile - but rarely did I ever remove enough to cause any lasting effects. Not because I cared, just because I couldn’t be bothered. I only had so many vials, and so little time to purify any of the nasty ones.

I started off, walking in the direction I was facing, it was time to find Barchie’s store. I wrinkled my nose and narrowed my amber gaze as it landed on a strange person, well, bird-person. Birds. I shivered. I hated birds. Always swooping me! What did I ever do to them! Meanies.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stare’s eyes focused as she rounded on the cat-being, the ears poking from that mess of indigo, wild hair. As silver metal glinted the cat moved her own multi-coloured essence onto that of the plainly forest green man - around the age of 45 his aura told Stare. A touch of her wild aura onto his, with its myriad shimmering colours, a rapid flash and part of the green’s man’s aura separated - yes, separated - from that of the whole and rushed, swelling over and into the lithe forms that spiralled around the cat-girl. What was more the man deflated, sinking to the ground, his breath spilling out of his lungs in a rush.

Black eyes wide with a mixture of horror and confusion Stare began to feel a throb at her temples as she looked at the soul snatcher. Difficult it was to try to define one piece from another, one bone-coloured snip from an imperial purple sliver. They all seemed to be part of a great sea, a mass of them with their tethers on a cape that billowed like a starry cloud from the cat-girl’s back, and others simply floating around her with no seeming base at all. Because of the mass of them it took the kenku time to realise that in fact not one of them was a whole aura, that in fact they were parts and segments, like that she had taken from the green man. And at their centre was -

Nothing. A big, black void.

Tilting her head very slowly, Stare narrowed her eyes, looking the girl slowly up and down. Though the swimming auras were still giving her a headache, she could still keep her sanity and resolution - after all she had not survived four months in a hell hole on nothing. Clacking her beak in the frustration the sight was giving her, but not completely willing to bring herself out of it just yet, Stare stepped right in the way of the cat-girl as she walked forwards.

“You,” she said in the common tongue, her words fluid and thick with distaste. “What did you just do to that man? How did you take his … essence?”

Her eyes darted around until she saw the forest green plume dance around a satchel that Stare was beginning to figure out held some of these sections. Though they were not tethered like that cloak she wore they still seemed focused around it, swimming through the air at only minor lengths.

Folding her arms across her chest, dressed in rich, brocaded leather, Stare deliberately got in the woman’s way. She was not much smaller than her - there was perhaps a couple of inches in it, and so the kenku did not feel very intimidated by size, which was often the case. Instead she found she could tilt her beak up and to the right slightly to fix the woman with one beady, fully black eye.

“What did you do?” she asked again, pushing for an answer, moving as the cat did. Intriguingly more human than the kenku species though. She only had the ears and tail of a cat it seemed, the rest was skin and normal, expected structure.

She leaned closer and quietly gave her last query:

“And why do you have a black hole at your own centre? Just what are you?”
    Crows: Old nursery rhyme "One for sorrow, Two for mirth, Three for a funeral, Four for birth, Five for heaven, Six for hell, Seven for the devil, his own self."

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    “What!?” I stepped to one side, and the giant bird thing followed. I stepped to the other, and again the bid creature stepped to block my path. “HEY, I try leave.” I again tried to dance around her, but this bird creature just was not having it. She was a stubborn thing! Stubborn birds! Gosh, she smelt too, the tinge of dirt and earth - and other things. It wasn’t very pleasant. I wrinkled my nose. This day just was not turning out how I wanted. All I wanted to do was return to Barchie, and sleep on his counter whilst he gave me head scratches, was that too much to ask?

The bird woman spat an accusing question at me. As though I had done something wrong.

Apparently yes, it was too much to ask for.

“Eteri took bad part of grumpy man soul.” I stated, huffily, crossing my arms over my own chest as I tried to focus on any one aspect of the creature before me. Big black shiny beak, black feathers all prim and proper, a part of me felt like pulling a bunch of them out. Maybe I could sell them, or use them to make clothes or just shred them. All of those things sounded fun. Far more fun than being questioned by some stinky ol’ sticky-beak! Literally

“You so rude!” I huffed, choosing to focus on a tiny metal clasp that sat upon the bird-womans chest. “All questions! No polite, very rude.” I turned my face away, shutting my eyes and shaking my head to and fro to further exemplify my distaste for the creature.
    “Not even introduce. Why Eteri tell you? Why so demanding? Who think you be? Just demanding, like you is all the highs and mightiest!”

“I am not rude,” Stare frowned, “You are for taking that man’s soul.”

Her eyes went narrow and looked the odd cat-girl up and down. Rather tetchy, if you asked her, a little too close to a natural predator. Ears flicking, tail twitching - cats were not friends to birds, it was well known. And the old tales that existed for the delight of kenku children, those that said that they were once crows, ravens and magpies …

She shivered and then made her decision.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stepping closer, so that only a few centimetres came between them she stared at this Eteri being with a darkening gaze. “Why did you steal his soul?” she asked.

It could have been for many reasons. After all she did have a solid hole in the myriad of those swimming around her. It was … scary almost. A void of nothing, where a person's being usually was. Stare blinked for a moment in the aura sight and then out.

Finally, the cat-girl sighed and unfolded her arms. She seemed to struggle with Tradespeak. Stare raised her brow until she figured out that this girl was not all that comfortable with the common tongue. “Eteri said. Only took bad bit. Bit that made man cranky. Not steal. Ok … did take no permission.” She shoved her hand in the satchel and rummaged around in it before pulling out the vial that contained the man's soul. “You want. You take.”

Stare was taken aback and raised her clawed hands, aware that there was a street of people watching them. Or, rather, a crossroads. Her rough skin was clear, as she waved them in complete denial.

“No thank you, I'm not one for taking them. Just seeing them.” She dropped her hands, paused and stepped slightly closer and lowered her voice, trying to not be heard by the rest of the people. “You didn't answer my question before - how do you have a void at the centre? Right there,” she pointed, “Where your own aura should be. I think, I'm still getting used to it so …”

The cat girl seemed to understand what she meant. In broken tradespeak she spoke:

“Eteri no have soul. Found one. Big plant lady had. But red angry thing no go into vial.” Eteri sprawled out her fingers and wriggled them about, right up in Stares face. No sense of personal space this girl. “Went oooo and dug way inside. Now stuck. Stuck good.”

Stare now furrowed her brow. Deep so that the ridge was low over her creepy full black eyes. A tilt of the head, a surge of dislike as the cat girl remained in her personal space. But she needed to be close. In fact she peered closer and … there. True enough, a tiny grasp of soul actually inside the void. A vile, dark black thing with purely evil intentions and a chaotic sense of being …

Stare gasped and stepped back, further away from the cat woman than before. “Ow,” she commented. “That doesn't look healthy.”

The catgirl beat her chest proudly. “Eteri much healthy.”

“Uh huh,” Stare replied, looking at the mass of souls circulating around this girl’s satchel. And her in general. Tiny pieces of souls, from so many races and genders and ways of life. “I'm not convinced.”

She paused a moment, then thought. Cat folk she was sure came from near Akashima city. They even called themselves a racial name by the language - Nekojin. Kenku themselves took their own race name after what the Akashimans could pronounce …

“<Ah,>” she said, trying her best to remember what Akashiman she could, though she was not the best. <”excuse me is this better?”>

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    My eyes widened as the bird thing in front of me spoke my language! <”Ah! You Speak Akashiman? This is much better. I really struggle with tradespeak and it’s complexities you know?”> I started talking quickly. Excited. I always really loved talking in my native tongue. Tradespeak made me sound like an idiot.

Ok…. so maybe I wasn’t the brightest person around, but I made up for it in personality. I continued with my excited tirade, the bird lady took a step back from my enthusiasm. <”Ah. You know… I don’t like birds. They have it out for me. I think they’re planning something. I don’t even like the taste of birds. Too many bones...oh wait. Chickens. Do they count?”> My ears flicked up. <”Your sister isn’t a chicken….about this big...brown? Cause if so I’m sorry but I ate her.”>

Stare blinked in astonishment, then felt the cold hard stab of irritation. Furiously she shook her head, and clicked loud and angry. <“Kenku are more than fowl. Chickens are similar to us, but not our sisters. We eat them too.”> She glared. <“Not sisters. If I found you eating a crow though I'd be really annoyed. They are our kin, the clever ones. Chickens are idiots.”>

Folding her arms and now pretty offended she kept staring at me. A series of angry mutters came like whispers from her beak.

OK...so I understood half of that. She said something about eating crows? Come to think of it...she looked a little like one. Frankly… I was just thankful we were able to have a conversation in a civilised language.< “No…I don’t eat crows...they’re….spooky.”> I said as I wrapped my arms around themselves. <“Always planning...always plotting… always staring! I don’t do anything to them! But they always look like they’re going to attack me!”> I huffed.

The strange bird person kept her eyes on me so I shifted to walk away. <”Ah.. Okay, well….I’m going to...go this way now...:”> I said as I turned to move away from her. I needed to find Barchies shop still, and this place was so gosh darn big!

<”Let me reiterate. That thing inside of you, doesn’t it hurt?”>

My ears flattened. Why was the bird thing following me? Maybe if I answered its questions, it’d leave me the gosh darn heck alone. <”If you are talking about the festering angry red soul inside me, yes. It hurts. I swear I even hear whispers at night. It’s not too bad I guess. Better than feeling completely empty.”>

Stare let out an understanding breath. <”So it's not healthy after all. Maybe you should get it seen to.”>

Souls were curious things after all. They could change, dramatically, over a person's life in terms of the way Stare saw them. Many different colours, many variations. Stare thought about this for a while, and opened her beak to start again … when she noticed the cat girl had entirely now gone.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    She had been walking now for a full ten minutes, her eyes swinging back and forth. Confused as to why she was here partly anyway. Did it really need her to come and find a brewery that needed buying? Slowly she huffed and started back up the street she had been on, remembering that there had been a wholesaler of barrels of beer and wine. It was highly possible that in there she would be able to enquire about a brewery that may need buying up.

She passed plenty of people, coming and going about their daily lives. Humans, elves, goblins, orcs - this city truly was a metropolis for the masses. Of course she knew about the civil war and what it had left behind in tatters. And the Ixian Castle with its knights had not been heard of in so long. Truly this was a city that teetered on a knife edge between chaos and order, with hundreds of inns, fight-houses and brothels to its claim.

As she got to the place where she was sure the wholesaler was, Stare paused and then looked across the street. Her brow furrowed as she looked with focus and couldn't quite believe her eyes but yes. There, there she was the funny cat person from earlier. The one who had sped away. Stare took a moment to consider if the cat wanted directions - in all honesty she looked lost, and the lack of knowing the common tongue would not serve well here.

The indecision caught her for a moment, wondering if she should help or leave it. She - Eteri - had run from her, clearly not wanting company.

The kenku eventually began to turn, moving to go forwards to the wholesaler and not to the blue-haired nekojin. But as she did a large man with a larger woman suddenly were swinging in the same direction and - WHAM.

Stare was shoved in the opposite direction, far away from her intended destination. Instead she was chucked right at Eteri. Whom she collided with, with an angry thumping sound.

They fell on the ground in an ugly, sprawled tangle. Stare had a scowl in her eyes but immediately began apologising.

<”Sorry.”>

GP

Name
    Eteri Yoko
    Race
    Half Human Half Nekojin
    One minute I was minding my own business, trying to find my way to Barchie’s store. I was staring at a particular shopfront which looked strangely familiar, as though I had seen it three times...just that day…

Ah!

Oh Dangit I was going around in circles. I sighed and turned on my heel to try and retrace my steps when -

CRASH!

“G-Gah!” I immediately hissed, clawed hands trying to swipe at whatever big black giant thing had tackled me to the floor. I bit down but my mouth didn’t hit flesh, instead...wait….feathers I turned my head to the side, ‘Bleh!’ I spat out the two I had accidently ripped off. I rolled out from underneath the giant bird and scratched my tongue. “Bleh..Bleh….” I did not like the taste.

Then, I heard it, a growled clicky mumble in Akashimian. My ears swiveled forward and I paused. It was that bird creature from before not only that but she was still speaking Akashimian...come to think of it…

<”How do you articulate other languages with yanno…”> I wasn’t sure how to say it politely, so I just up and said it. Better than trying to beat around the bushes right? <”A beak? Like...no lips? Is that magic? Or are you just super talented?”>

Unsteadily Stare stumbled to her feet, using a hand to steady herself. Only partly was she looking at Eteri, a grumble in her throat. She took time to answer the questions - ones about her physical appearance, everyone was so interested in that all the time.

<”I have a throat still. Have beak, no lips. Every kenku can speak a few languages.”> She shifted fully upright and looked right at the catgirl. <”Akashiman, kenku and common. We are taught. We just speak.”> She shrugged.

I blinked, so they could all speak three languages? Here I was struggling with two. <”See! That’s why I don’t trust birds. They’re too smart!”> I huffed as I stood up and dusted myself off. <”Always planning...speaking all sorts of languages...gah….”>

I turned my attention back to the street...so I had gone left, then left,then left…. Oh… no wonder I ended up in a circle. I think Barchies shop was left left right? Or was it right, right left. I gave a frustrated grumble as I stretched. Maybe it’d just be better if I climbed a random building and took a nap...that’d help rejuvenate me.

The giant bird next to me….what did she call herself? Kenkoo? Made a noise as to clear her throat, and to gain my attention.

<”I had planned to ask you before, but you ran off. Don’t you think you should get that looked at?”> She pointed to my chest with a protruded leathery appendage I could only assume was her species version of a finger.

<”Eh?”> I glanced down at my chest. Was she talking about that thing I took from Madison? <”Maybe. Right now it’s not too much of a bother. Just keeps me up at night sometimes. I’ll eventually get it looked at, but I really don’t want to go back home to do that. I’d rather let it sort itself out. Maybe it just needs a nice warm place for a while.”> I said with a toothy grin. I knew that wasn’t how souls worked, but I thought it was a pretty funny joke. And...avoiding my home town was at the top of my list of priorities, aside from eating and sleeping. Yeh...life was pretty easy right now.

<”Well. I’m going to go…”> I paused, trying to figure out which direction I should turn. <”That way now.”> I pointed down a street I had yet to wander down. Best case scenario, I’d find Barchie’s store, worst case - I’d find new things. So, win/win to me.

Legend

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Stare watched as the cat-folk woman - the nekojin began wondering away again. Tilting her head she gazed at the hole at the heart of Eteri, huffing slightly with concern. Certainly, it was not normal. Did she collect all of those other snippets of souls just for compensation? To have them shimmer around her, dance and be like it was that she had her own? Can one weave a full soul together out of the fragments of many?

Apparently not. There was still the void. With an ugly black sliver within.

The kenku blinked as she watched the catgirl begin to wander away again. She felt a gleam of interest in her, but really … it was obvious this one wanted to be left alone. Though …

Clearly she was lost. Looking left and right and swishing that long tail with anxiety. It was almost a shame - almost and yes, Stare did feel pity for her. Respect for her privacy that she wanted to walk away from the kenku. Also, regard, and concern - but now she had voiced that concern. Which left respect to deal with, and pity.

Therefore she would not intercede until it was necessary. She inactively trailed the catwoman for a while She did not make it obvious, but rather kept looking up every so often, walking and then pausing. Several times Eteri walked in circles, several times they passed the wholesaler's.

Passed it once. Twice. Thrice.

Okay this one was really lost. Carefully the kenku arranged herself into her path.

<“Oh look you again,”> Stare said, looking surprised as if they had bumped surprisingly into each other. <“What are you doing here still? Are you lost?”>