There were a lot of seedy and underhanded places in Althanas. Some hid in plain sight. Hell, Scarlet knew of a deadly apothecary that fronted as a flower shop with the kindest lady you’d ever meet up in Akashima. She’ll offer you a warm bed and a meal that’ll fill your belly and you’d leave with pleasant memories but the old wench could whip up a potion that’d melt the skin off your bones and keep you alive for days after. Nasty business.

So when Scarlet found herself standing in a small store that sold and repaired pocket watches she wasn’t surprised that it was nothing more than a front. A spritely middle-aged drow spoke to Advencia. Unlike Hunter he had no real muscle definition. He was tall and lanky, wearing a pair of thin rimmed glasses that hung from a chain from around his neck. His white hair was long, and tied back in a neat plaited ponytail. Not a single hair astray. He wore a freshly pressed royal blue suit and a plain white cotton shirt. The type that looked as if everything had to have a set order. A perfect place.
Look at that nurd. I bet he has a name like Harold or Vincent or something dorky like that. Quick pour me out and throw some water on me so I can spit on him.

Scarlet heard the voice in her head, plain as though it were coming from the dead woman herself. She was going mad, absolutely mad. The red headed woman shook her head, trying to ignore the briarhearts snarky attitude.

“Advencia, are you going to introduce me?”

The two stopped talking and turned to Scarlet, giving her an odd look as though they weren’t expecting her to be in the damn shop in the first place. Scarlet scowled and stepped in front of Advencia choosing to take matters into her own hands. “Scarlet.” She said as she held her hand out to the drow. He glanced down at her hand then back up at her and gave her a curt nod. Refusing to touch her. Yup, definitely the perfectionist type. “Galain.” He spoke with a thick accent, articulating each syllable. “I hear you are….unwell.” Scarlet swore she noted a hint of familiarity in his dull, brown eyed gaze. Despite never having met the man before. He was clearly aware of her, and had seemingly seen her before.

Scarlet tilted her head, trying to pick why he would react in such a way. She glanced at Advencia expectantly. The Succubus huffed and elaborated, sadly not on the matter that plagued Scarlet. “He has something that can help with your morning sickness, Mistress.”

“I wasn’t aware that was an inherent problem, one big enough to drag me out here. Especially when you…” Scarlet gripped Advencia’s jaw between her thumb and forefinger. “Are so adamant about keeping me on bedrest.” Advencia drew in a sharp breath, her cheeks reddened. Scarlet moved in closer.

Galain cleared his throat.

“If I may. My machinery does more than that.” He gestured to a small white door at the back of the store. “Shall I explain on the way?” He looked rattled. His dark eyes kept shifting from Scarlet’s red hair to her eyes then back to her hair. If he kept it up she may very well give into the delusions in her breaking mind and let ‘Madison’ spit on him. Or at least throw a hunk of water clogged ash in his face.

“No.” Scarlet said. She wasn’t about to go walking into some strange store with a strange man without getting more answers. “You can explain here. I know what you’re planing. There is no reason to beat around the bush right?” Scarlet crossed her arms over her chest. “I’m here to chemically remove my memories and to inhibit my emotions. Since magic ain’t doing the trick, we’re turning to good ol’ fashioned science.”

“Ah. W-well It is a little hard without showing but yes.” He was rattled. He shifted his gaze to Advencia and looked as though he were about to say something, then stopped.

“Try.” Scarlet prompted. “You look like an astute man. If not then we can take our business elsewhere, right Advencia?” Scarlet turned to look at Advencia who looked absolutely furious. So, the typical look for the succubus who nodded with gritted teeth.

“Good.” Scarlet purred. “Now, explain.”

“Well. We - We strap you into this machine, and send these small electric shock waves into your system by placing conduits on your veins. It’s a more permanent solution to say, taking a tonic. It’ll also help lessen any other ailments one normally has with child bearing.” He started listing things off such as hemorrhoids, aching back, tender breasts and the like. None of them sounded pleasant Neither did being strapped down and shocked. Still, he seemed to avoid the matter at hand. What she was really here for. He masked it with concern for her, and her damn pregnancy. Scarlets brows furrowed into a scowl, she did not appreciate being lied to.

“Advencia.” Scarlet turned to the succubus. “If he tries anything. You are to kill him. Painfully so. I want him flayed alive and I want to watch. Oh, and Madison will want to spit n his face.”

“Is that really-” Galain started, alarmed.

“Yes Mistress.” Advencia interjected.

Scarlet nodded. Satisfied. Advencia was a bloodthirsty little thing. She’d jump at the chance to do anything of the sort. With that contingency set in place Scarlet gestured to the white door.

“Lead the way.”