Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile

Boot Camp Episode I

Out of Character:
    Consult Boot Camp: OOC Discussion for instructions/suggestions before posting here. Closed to members of the Imperial Army.

"Boot camp."

I stared across the open gardens of the Dirks Estate, a pensive expression haunting my eyes.

Imperial. So much had happened so quickly. Ever since we established our headquarters at Dirks Estate, my work had been building towards this. I had spent hours seraching through the cool, musty basements and pulling up supplies. Now I had my first batch of recruits to start training; four aspiring warriors. They came from very different backgrounds, and had different talents. I rolled my shoulders, enjoying the late-afternoon sunlight. By the time I finished with them, my recruits would all be fit fighting machines, ready to defend Imperial and bring its name new glory.

"But first... I'm gonna' have to kick their asses."

I remembered my own boot camp training from my life on Earth. I remembered it as one of the most physically and mentally demanding times of my life, and I had been at the top of the class. I doubted I would enjoy putting my recruits through the paces, but I knew it was necessary. You don't learn to kill and survive on the battlefield by swinging wooden swords.

I turned, putting my back to the sun, and surveyed the camp. Two large canvas tents stood right in front of me. The larger of the two held four bunk beds and eight footlockers, divided down the middle by a curtain to give the men and women privacy from each other. I had organized double the accomadations necessary for the number of recruits, a manifestation of my hope that more warriors would join our cause.

"It doesn't matter," I told myself, not wanting to waste thoughts on the past, "Work with what you've got, and you'll reap the rewards."

The smaller of the two tents was my own sleeping quarters. I would train and work with the recruits all day, but my position of authority afforded me a little more privacy. Fifty yards away stood a third tent, this one much larger than the others but made from the same tan-colored canvas. Inside there were showers, sinks, and toilets, the plumbing hooked up through an old obsolete system of fountains. The water would be ice cold, but we would have to deal with it.

My feet whispered on the low-clipped grass as I walked a final circuit around the meager compound. Everything was in order for the arrival of my troops. They would have one night's sleep in the tents, and training would begin the next morning at sunrise. Finishing my loop, I stopped in front of the two sleeping tents and waited for the recruits to arrive.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

EXP: 1,000, Level: 1
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next level: 1,000
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,000
    GP

Name
    Lexxum Vordic
    Race
    Lizard Folk
    Hair Color
    N/A
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    8'0" 600lbs.
    Job
    Mercenary.

View Profile
    Whispers of the Imperials' training mechanism reached my ears afore a short time ago. As a warrior, I was well prepared for a life of servitude and combat trained on the harsh dunes of Fallien. The sun lurked overhead beating down upon the sails on my back. I was amused. A human thought he was going to teach a Blood Lizard about warfare. Gathering up my supplies after a recent trip to Raiaera, I prepared myself for the military life ahead. I knew that the training would be harsh, but I would have stories to tell my people when I chose to return home.

My tail swished back and forth as I moved across the estate and made my way to the sapiens training ground. My feet crunched the grass beneath it, I'd grown accustomed to wearing human clothing made for a Saurian's physique.

I wore the garb of a commoner playing at soldier. My skills were starting to become refined after the events at Valinatal. I swore to make myself stronger so that I could defeat my enemy, Netha'Tu. The warrior had brought down Althanas' moon upon Valinatal signaling a second age of darkness to come. I wasn't strong enough to deal with Netha'Tu but one day I would be. I vowed to Lord Mitra that I would use whatever means necessary to defeat this enemy of freedom, this enemy to all existence.

A short walk from the Estate lead me towards the mansion. It was a cool afternoon in November. I looked up and saw the sun shining brightly overhead, few clouds dotted the clear blue sky. It was a beautiful day, a day perfect for training. I flexed my powerful muscles and prepared my imposing form for the rigorous training that they would soon be undergoing.

I saw a familiar set up of tents and assumed that this section of the field was the one set up for the boot camp. I adjusted Tap Reaver a bit as it glowed with power even through the scabbard on my back. I'd stolen the weapon from Netha'Tu's best fighter and it became enchanted with the living energies of the Eternal Tap. A side effect of dealing with death for the very first time. Lord Mitra had saved me from the clutches of death. Spotting Joshua Cronen, I made my way towards his position and stopped a few paces directly in front of him.

"I've trained at Valinatal Sir. The site is no more. I am eager to grow strong enough to gain revenge on an enemy of mine. My name is Lexxum Vordic, we haven't been formally introduced yet sir. I have training from Serenti and Valinatal."

After I spoke, I let silence settle between us. I let Cronen know that I was not one of these rookie warriors. I was not a simpleton. I was a force of nature. The Arta blood still lurked within my vessel and augmented my powers greatly. I would have to work to keep them in check in the near future. I lifted my arm with the clockwork hand and stretched my mechanical fingers a bit to emphasize where I was coming from. Scars already lurked upon my person and one of my eyes was permanently shut closed from a past adventure. None of that hindered my senses one bit.

I waited for my first assignment as a member of Imperials.
    "You're making me angry. You're not going to like me when I'm angry." --Berserker saying.
    The Red-Scaled One.
    Tap Reaver Upgrade

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Boot camp. Two of my least favorite words in the dictionary. It was about two weeks ago in Scara Brae that I was to report to the Dirks Estate, headquarters for Imperial, for some hardcore training. Were they not aware of my resume when I joined? I've already done enough training for one lifetime. My thin, deceiving hands could tangle with the best of them. I know how to fight, so why the unnecessary boot camp?

This wasn't what I wanted at all. I thought that I'd be more valuable as an "associate" for Imperial, not one of their battle pawns.

The Dirks Estate loomed in front of me like a harrowing monolith, promising me a long path of pain and suffering to come. I spent my entire ferry ride from the Dajas Pagoda to here mentally preparing myself for this waste of time. A few lingering doubts dug into the back of my mind. What if I can't cut it? I can barely keep my spot as a Warrior as it is. I also had a feeling that a certain someone would be leading the boot camp, someone that I greatly detest. I could just picture it--the smug grin plastered on his face as I walk in, a smile to tell me that he would try and make me suffer until I break, using his position within Imperial and the premise of boot camp as a loophole to pay me back for what I did to him back in the Pagoda.

That is, if I didn't end up breaking him first.

Over to the side of the estate, in the gardens, sat several homely looking canvas tents, one of them significantly bigger than the other two. I seriously hope that they don't expect me to sleep in there, I thought to myself grimly as I ran my tounge across my teeth in contempt. In the bright noontime sun, I could barely make out the faces of the people standing out front. The grass silenced my footsteps as I made my way over towards the tents. But as I grew closer, my worst fears were realized.

No.

The light brown crop of hair, those piercing hazel eyes, that damned Y-shaped scar. It was him. Joshua fucking Cronen. My shoulders slumped in disappointment as I stopped ten feet away from him. A slight breeze moved through the gardens, tossing my black as night hair across my face. The sleeves of my black blouse top swayed slightly against my pale skin as I stood there, my eyes locked on Joshua's.

My wire was wrapped around my right bicep, hidden from sight by my shirt. I was had a sudden urge to lunge forward and choke him to death; yes, there would be nothing more that I would enjoy doing right now. But I swallowed my hatred. The other two leaders of Imperial would be crossed and disappointed with me, and would probably kill me for my efforts. I reached into my leather satchel, pulling out a small glass vial. I yanked the stopper off of it, and drained the thick crimson contents into my mouth to calm myself down.
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Out of Character:
    For simplicity's sake, I am writing as if this is taking place before the FQ. If this is a problem, you know my AIM.

Three Weeks Prior

"Boot...camp?" Griffin had asked, his eyes dancing in amusement. "You don't need boot camp; I can control your every move."

"I want this for myself," Skie said softly as she watched the fish swim in random flitting patterns through the aquarium. The water shed a blue light on her skin, making her eyes dance with the sadness that she so easily kept concealed. The flash of light on silver skin from inside the tank often threw a dazzle of sparkle to her eyes, and the muscled man wished she would tear her haunting gaze from the fish and look at him. He had done so much to appease her from her depression, and he stepped forward to point this out to her.

"I have given you leave to study in Eluriand, have given you permission to visit your precious Citadel if and when you choose. I clothe you, feed you, protect you. I have allowed you to throw in your lot with this band of fools, this Imperial. Who is the master here? I have given you everything you want and you are so... ungrateful."

Her mouth twitched downwards at the corner as she shifted slightly, cowering away from his rage. He would not hit her, he never had. It wasn't physical retribution she feared. As his anger climbed higher, think bands of blue that were wrapped securely around her neck and wrists glowed brighter, warmer. This was what she feared. As she suspected, his green eyes narrowed at her, his will forced into the bands, and she found herself turning to face him. A smile was pushed onto her face, her muscles working of a different accord than her own. But even as she smiled and bowed to him, only hate was in her eyes. His gaze met hers, fearful in the silent tempest behind her blue eyes. After a long moment he sighed, the bands once again going a dull matte azure and her own will restored to her limbs. The smile melted from her face and she turned her eyes back to the aquarium, only glancing at him momentarily when he muttered his submission.

"You may go, but know that I will be watching everything."

When he left the room, her lips tugged upwards and she laid her forehead against the aquarium again, watching as with a movement, a lionfish that had been in perfect camouflage against the rocks suddenly appeared and swallowed a small passing fish. That was the way to do it, she decided, to make sure that no one saw it coming.

Present Time

Skie emerged from the estate into the gardens. Here, rimming the house, they were lush in both the tall hedges, covered with the lacy tendrils of blossoming vines and with the elegant floral arrangements that grew within the stone-rimmed flowerbeds. Color was all around, vibrant and dancing even as it began to filter into smaller patterns. When the hedges gave way to the spacious open lawn, she caught sight of the tents, and the figures of fellow Imperial members standing before them. She knew of Joshua Cronen; the two had shared a drink when she'd first arrived at the estate. She took her place beside Madison, and while the two shared gender and hair color, they could not have looked more different.

Skie's long black hair was tied back neatly at the nape of her neck, a few wispy strands having gotten free to frame the sides of her face. Her eyes were a cool blue, sparkling with caught starlight and a few flecks of earthy brown. They carried no anger, no sadness or regret. Despite what was running through the woman's mind and heart, they displayed only peace. Her lips were curled into a slight natural smile, her gait and form relaxed. Her body was toned, but still curvy. She wore a white tunic that hugged her form well, the neckline cutting down in a vee to display a small golden locket. A pair of pale doeskin trousers hugged her hips, fitting neatly into her boots. She'd left the sword of her family back in her room, choosing only to carry Devon dan Sabriel's small silver dagger in it's hidden sheathe in her boot. The bands around her neck and wrists held no glow now, though she could hear steady breathing in her mind. From the moment she'd woken this morning and begun to dress, Griffin was there, watching.

She smiled meekly, for the benefit of her voyeuristic master. Nothing must seem out of place if she were to eventually break the bond.
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

GP

Name
    Tommy
    Race
    Specter/Human
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    6'2"/ 190 lbs
    Job
    Something or another...

Well this outta be a fun time…

Tommy was always a careful one. Living in the realm between the living and dead meant never letting your guard down for a minute. A second was often too long. But here, on Althanas, he’d saw how you could go hours with wasting time and doing nothing. Life was much more fun and simplistic when around actual living things. Cutting them in half or slicing open their belly meant they’d die, not just scream forever in agony and still claw at you with whatever they had left.

Hmmm, looks like the gang’s all here. Better get a move on.

He was perched (more like laying down with his back against the main trunk) in a tall tree with so many branches and leaves, he could’ve held a picnic with a band and no one would’ve been able to find him. He’d been here for a few hours, watching the boot camp leader survey the land and make sure things were to his liking. His face had never been close enough for a clear identification, but Tommy didn’t really give it much thought.

So long as I get to make my connections and improve myself, I’ll be good. He thought as he spit out a toothpick he’d been chewing on absent-mindedly for the last hour. Swinging his legs out, he let his body drop branch to branch until he reached the last one and snatched it with his hands and swung to the ground, a small uplifting of dirt rising from his black boots. He stood up, shrugged off any leaves that might be stuck to his polished leather jacket and ran a hair through his short, snow white hair.

The group was a couple hundred yards away, so he was pretty sure they hadn’t seen him. He liked it that way. Living in the shadows was safe and as he walked towards the gathering, he grimaced slightly as the sunlight that exposed him.

If they see you before the strike, I guarantee they have already figured out how to stop you.

His Uncle’s words played over in his mind. He had been unable to talk to him since leaving his home and he never knew how much his Uncle had been more like a father to him. The figures became clearer as he neared them, but the leader was out of sight. The huge ass red lizard was probably blocking his view. The girls were certainly not in the way. Damn they look hot.

As if his conscience slapped him on the back of the head, he refocused on why he was even there. Help the Barbarian. Save a race. Keep one more evil bad guy force team thing from destroying Althanas. He couldn’t help but wonder why so many powerful and evil entities decided to choose this place to take over and/or destroy. His jet black eyes flickered as he stepped up silently besides the taller of the two girls. He'd have to contemplate that idea later. The half specter's jaw clenched slightly as the face of Joshua came into full unmistakable view.

Fuck me sideways.

He had been in a Citadel fight with him a small while back and it was quite a traumatic experience. Mainly because of the evil bunnies and the potted plant that the son of a bitch had chucked at him. However, he had to keep his cool here; showing malice and resentment for a simple fight would mean extra work from this guy. He could tell; he recognized a leader who’d do whatever it takes to win when he saw one. He cleared his throat with a fist up to his lips and inhaled the sweet, cool gentle breeze.

“Yo,” he said with a nod. That was probably the last time he’d say “yo” without adding “Sir!” to the end of it.
    Last edited by Death's Nephew; 01-02-08 at 02:45 AM.
    "What is the freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

Tommy's Stuff
    Steel Chainmail Shirt
    Steel Dagger
    Plynt Dagger
    Hexfire (Magical Double-Edged Long Sword)
    Obsidian Ring

Random picture

Lv 0
    Lv 1