Out of Character:
Solo.

This was it. The end of an era. My final mission. No more Ms. Killy McStabface.

As per usual, I was contacted by your everyday mysterious employer and given a letter with the standard details: Target(s), location, specifics on how to kill them, and reward.

The target: Bishop Perry Stroika.

His location: Hiding in some mansion in bumfuck Salvar. By the gods. Why did this have to be in Salvar?

Preferred method of death: Any way I saw fit. I liked that.

Reward: Enough for me to retire and open up that bookstore.

The wax-sealed parchment contained no curt greetings or praises of my abilities or anything like that. Not even the name of the guy/gal/whatever who decided to employ my knives--not that I was expecting it, mind you. Oh well. Such is the life of an assassin. However, one other bit of information was written down neatly. I wasn't going to do this one alone. Apparently the good bishop had holed himself up good, with enough meat shields and rations to stay golden for years. I suppose that my employer felt that this Perry fellow was important enough to send others in case I failed.

I spent a good afternoon scouring Radasanth's shops for a set of warmer clothes, coming out with a silk-lined wool sweater. It was black and it kept me warm--which is what mattered. I also managed to score a nice vlince-lined overcoat. That too was black, and was made of a heavy cotton. It stopped just above my knees, and the way the four oversized buttons held it together in the front gave it a sort of upper-class look.

And now, coming down the runway, see the new Assassin House Salvic Spring fashion line! Multiple pockets with ample room give you plenty of space to hide your daggers and poisons, while still maintaining a look of sophistication in the eye of the person you are about to kill!

Once I found my choke wire and sharpened up my knives, I packed my shit and took the first available ride to that frozen hellhole. I spent most of the ride alternating between puking my guts out (I get seasick easily) and wondering what I should be feeling, seeing as this will be my last kill and all. I mean, yeah, I'm happy that I'm finally saying goodbye to my family's "legacy", but... This is all I've ever really known. Snapping necks, slicing throats, stabbing hearts; that's all I've been trained to do. Would I be able to hack it in the so-called real world? I sure hoped so.