Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Althanas Invitational Podcast Round the Third!

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile

Althanas Invitational Podcast Round the Third!

Download the MP3 right hurrrrr

Hope you enjoy. We managed to stretch so little into 25 minutes.
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

GP

Name
    Jericho of Crossingtree
    Race
    Elkin (anthropomorphic elk)
    Hair Color
    (Fur): Honey brown
    Eye Color
    Mahogany
    Build
    6' 3", 195 lbs
    Job
    Hope for those who have none

Heh. Very nice, guys. One second while I fetch my SSN and credit card number for you...
    When the night is at its darkest, look upon the eastern sky. The Light is on its way. ((ToC Profile))

EXP: 13,891, Level: 4
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next level: 109
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next level: 109
    GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Indeed. Well done, to the both of you. And the beginning was complete genius, with the F5 key and all. The suspense and wait is killing me!
    -Level 4-

The path of redemption requires both light and shadow.

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Yeah, I really dug the intro idea as soon as Chris pitched it to me out of freakin' left field.

And Jericho, I got your pm. Since I'm terrible at remembering things, shoot me off a reminder at the end of Round 3 and I'll put the shout out in the outline.

GP

Name
    Dusk Vera
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Florecent purple (with rainbow ripples)
    Build
    Height: 4’9 Weight: 110
    Job
    In search of employment

Lol, last time someone told me they had cake it turned out to be a lie. Fun to listen to though while I read manga between posts.

"BACK OF THE HAND SAYS YES!"

EXP: 21,288, Level: 6
    Level completed: 19%, EXP required for next level: 5,712
    Level completed: 19%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,712
    GP

Name
    Drusilia Liadon
    Race
    Drow
    Hair Color
    Deep Black
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'6" 145 pounds
    Job
    Mage Hunter

View Profile
    I disagree with your assessment of what happened in our fight. Let me explain exactly what happened in the fight point by point...

1) Kupo shows up drunk as all hell.
    2) Saxon shows up and does some exposition.
    3) Snew shows up and attempts to help his friend who is highly drunk. Lightining strikes and Snew saves the moogle from becoming crispy snacks.
    4) Arsene shows up nearly falling off the disc and crawls up onto it. Thats IT.

That's the first round of posts.

1) Duke Throws up on Snew.
    2) Saxon sneaks up on the party and lets out a berserker battle cry, attacking the party because he's not at all in his right mind.
    3) Snew dies because he's trying to protect his friends and has faith that his intercepting the barbarian might do that.
    4) Arsene attempts to snipe Kupo!

That's Round Two, show me where I focused on too much story. I'd like to know. We're non-combatant characters, I can't fight and my action made sense. Of course the Barbarian is going to tear me apart, that is what happens when a non-combatant attempts to shield his friends.

Okay, here's round three? Ready?

1) Duke gets sniped by Arsene, anklebiter attacks Saxon.
    2) Saxon, decides if his opponents are going to die, he is going to die himself and lets anklebiter rip off his dick, and gut his intestines.
    3) Snew is dead and refuses to post feeling it would drag out a death that was supposed to be short.
    4) Arsene gets stabbed by the turtle.

Once more Christoph, tell me where we focused too much on story. I call bull on that assessment. We were attacked, given no chance to act normally, and THAT'S why the story was feeling rushed. When you attack two guys who can't fight, what are we going to do? Use our magical non-existent fighting skills to survive an attack that by all RIGHTS we shouldn't? No.
    Last edited by Mage Hunter; 04-09-09 at 01:59 AM.
    "A l' yorn belbaunin ulu uns'aa a l' Silinrai d' Ettermire, Usstan sarn'elgg dos xuil elghinn. Gaer shlu'ta tlu nau ka'lith whol l' og'elend, l' c'nros, l' og'elend. Xuil Nindol Aster Usstan sarn'elgg dos. Xal l' phraktos inbal ka'lith pholor dosst quortek."

-Drusilia Liadon reciting the Rite of Execution

EXP: 755, Level: 1
    Level completed: 38%, EXP required for next level: 1,245
    Level completed: 38%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,245
    GP

Name
    Jasker Lightfoot
    Race
    Halfling
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    4'4"/87lbs.
    Job
    Mercenary Thief/Rogue

Man...this podcast just reminded me how much I really wanted to partake in this Tournament. DAMN YOU, LOOOGAAAAN!!!

I would have actually played in the Side Events too. :_(

But yeah, this was a great podcast. Had me laughing my ass off.

EDIT: I still think me and Cyrus should get credit for giving you guys the stripper pizza idea. :P

EDIT2: Since you need questions:
    1) When do you think these other 1v1 Tourneys might be held?
    2) Do you think Althanas should have BOTH 1v1 Tourneys instead of just one?
    3) If so, which would you want first? The low level newbie one, which I'd love to partake in (even though I'm not really a newbie >.>), or the hyper adrenaline-powered god fights between everyone?
    4) Do you like chocolate pickles?
    5) What if someone that hasn't been paricipating would want to play in the Side Events? Could s/he? Maybe if they gave their Fate Points to someone that needs them?
    6) What's the deal with Christoph's love of tentacle rape?
    7) I think the DS sucks balls, would BaBE stone me to death?

Just some off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Lightfoot; 04-09-09 at 06:23 AM.
    "Luck, skill - call it what you will. Whatever it is, I have plenty of it." - Jasker Lightfoot

Jasker's Tale:
    Little White Lies (One-Shot; Finished)
    No Honor Among Thieves (Solo)
    August Auctions w/ EgoFinitum (Finished)
    Haunted Houses w/ EgoFinitum

See you, Space Cowboy...

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    I'll do more than stone you to death, sonny boy.

This one I will be addressing in the next podcast myself.

Quack quack bitch, motherfucker.

Edit: I have 12 fate points, plus whatever I might get once my Round Two battle gets judged.

Edit 2: Questions for Christoph:

Were you abused as a child, or are you just naturally that way?

Who are your primary influences as a writer?

Would you say that your writing style is similar or reminiscent to any famous authors?
    Last edited by Shadowed; 04-09-09 at 08:58 AM.

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Quote Originally Posted by Mage Hunter View Post
    Once more Christoph, tell me where we focused too much on story. I call bull on that assessment. We were attacked, given no chance to act normally, and THAT'S why the story was feeling rushed. When you attack two guys who can't fight, what are we going to do? Use our magical non-existent fighting skills to survive an attack that by all RIGHTS we shouldn't? No.
    First of all, if you're just upset about losing (which the current evidence and behavior seems to point to) take it up with Task, because he judged you thread, and stop clogging up other potentially productive and enjoyable threads with this nonsense. You're an Admin and your brother is a moderator, and thus you should both be above this sort of behavior.

As to your statement, the mere fact that you both played non-combat characters in this tournament (a tournament with a storyline that made such characters being there completely illogical in the first place) meant that you had to focus more on non-combat aspects than your opponents. When I said story, I wasn't just talking about the "Storytelling" category. I used it, perhaps too liberally I'll admit, as a blanket term for anything not directly involving combat. That's not to say that those elements are not important, because they are. The fact remains, however, that in a battle tournament the combat element is more important on the whole because they are battles.

Kupo: Just because we talked about complaints against the rubric doesn't mean it was intended as a shot against you. You're not the only one who's expressed issues with it, after all. The world does not revolve around you.

Both of you: If you're really getting upset over a comedy podcast, meant to be funny, non-serious, and not offensive to anyone, then You're Doing It Wrong. Nothing I said was meant as slander against your battle; I actually quite liked your battle. I think that both your team and Stalin For Time are comprised of talented writers, and merely made the point that S4T had adapted more to the battle aspect of the thread.

Okay, that out of the way, I’m glad everyone else enjoyed the podcast. To answer Lightfoot’s more functional ToC question: You are free to participate in Side Events, and you can give the Fate Points to someone else if you really want to, but the receiving person won’t be allowed to use the ones he/she receives to buy back in (if we do end up getting a Fate Slot somewhere along the way), because that’s supposed to represent their personal achievements.

And thank you for your questions. I will look forward to answering them in our next Podcast. Keep them coming!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast