Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Althanas Invitational Podcast Round the Third!

I just wanted to point out that my opponents had no real chance in combat against Honuse Relaiyent, but they did a damn good job of focusing on the fighting aspects, up to and including an epic death sequence.

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Magehunter
    2) Saxon, decides if his opponents are going to die, he is going to die himself and lets anklebiter rip off his dick, and gut his intestines.
    Better decision than taking turns with Arsene and gutting everybody else in that arena even though we're a combat team. The way your characters were designed stacked the deck against you whenever folks like us would be paired against you, and I gaurantee you that Shadowed and his partner or any of the other heavy combat oriented teams wouldn't have given you any slack because of it either. You had to have known this when you made Father Snew and your brother made Kupo.

We'd have gotten more flak if I had let Brom prowl the arena and do what I had originally intended with him, which was to kill everybody. Even Cory. Or at least make an attempt to. It'd have looked tremendously bad on our part and would have raised ugly words like 'overpowered' or 'powergaming', even though I probably would've mentioned to you ahead of time "Hey, Brom's coming your way. Clench up."

But, really. I'll tell you what would've happened if we had played the noncombatant way of that round. I'd post. You'd post. Kupo would post. Arsene throws in a paragraph or two. Ad nauseum. We might reach each other MAYBE before the round had ended. And after the last one we had to go through, I wasn't going to let another round go by without shedding some of my opponent's blood.

I don't know if this is the reason people are complaining or not, but I don't have a lot of story with Brom to include into this tournament. There's no point. He's designed to be a thresher and that's really it. I think Cory and I can have our characters form a bond of friendship like most partners do and all that garbage, but it's a slippery slope between focusing too much on the story (which I was on the verge of doing that round) and focusing on combat which is what this tournament should really be about.

And really, this whole 'put more effort into it' is bullshit from what I've been hearing from people. Nobody has given me an explanation as to what lack of effort I put into that battle except that they have been including me into it so they can politely attack my partner for his short posts without being called out on it. You're not being polite, and in fact you've been making me feel like I've been doing something wrong this whole entire round and I haven't been able to figure it out.

So either tell us all what you really had a problem with and tell us what we need to do or just shut up about it. I'm honestly sick of hearing the passive-aggressive bullshit with no real weight behind it.
    Last edited by Saxon; 04-09-09 at 11:30 AM.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

Mmm. Give me until tonight and I can do a complete breakdown of your posts, and how to improve, if you'd like.

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Appreciated. PM it to me when you're done and thanks for the effort in advance.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Saxon, in defense of the podcast crew, Chris and I are in general agreement that we feel you and Cory both seem to be holding back a little bit in your writing for the tournament. Before we actually recorded last night, we spent a couple minutes in actually serious discussion about how we've both seen some really good stuff from the two of you outside the tournament, but there's just something missing that we can't quite put our fingers on.

Maybe its just us, though. We meant no disrespect. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

EXP: 755, Level: 1
    Level completed: 38%, EXP required for next level: 1,245
    Level completed: 38%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,245
    GP

Name
    Jasker Lightfoot
    Race
    Halfling
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    4'4"/87lbs.
    Job
    Mercenary Thief/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph View Post
    Okay, that out of the way, I’m glad everyone else enjoyed the podcast. To answer Lightfoot’s more functional ToC question: You are free to participate in Side Events, and you can give the Fate Points to someone else if you really want to, but the receiving person won’t be allowed to use the ones he/she receives to buy back in (if we do end up getting a Fate Slot somewhere along the way), because that’s supposed to represent their personal achievements.

And thank you for your questions. I will look forward to answering them in our next Podcast. Keep them coming!
    You can call me VA. I've been around long enough to at least earn that.

Also, as a question regarding your answer: I just remembered in the podcast that you can turn Fate Points in for Exp. Is that only for Tourney participants or for everyone that earns them? Because if I can participate in the Side Events and get free Exp for them...well fuck, screw giving them away! XD
    "Luck, skill - call it what you will. Whatever it is, I have plenty of it." - Jasker Lightfoot

Jasker's Tale:
    Little White Lies (One-Shot; Finished)
    No Honor Among Thieves (Solo)
    August Auctions w/ EgoFinitum (Finished)
    Haunted Houses w/ EgoFinitum

See you, Space Cowboy...

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    I'm pretty sure that Chris announced sometime ago in a thread that fate points could be turned into EXP by anyone who earned any. This was to encourage non-tournament Althanaians to enter in the side events.

GP

Name
    Jasker Lightfoot
    Race
    Halfling
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    4'4"/87lbs.
    Job
    Mercenary Thief/Rogue

YATAH!!! (Sorry, I've been watching Naruto Shippuden nonstop since 8am EST...)

Cool beans.

EDIT: Even though I have learned that Yatah(sp?) means "I did it!" in Japan talk. >.>

EDIT2: So how much will I get per point since I'm level 0? I think you addressed that, but you didn't go into great detail.

EDIT3: Nevermind...just read the Sticky. /answermyownquestion <-- Fucktard
    Last edited by Lightfoot; 04-09-09 at 12:51 PM.
    "Luck, skill - call it what you will. Whatever it is, I have plenty of it." - Jasker Lightfoot

Jasker's Tale:

See you, Space Cowboy...

GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    YATAH!!! (Sorry, I've been watching Naruto Shippuden nonstop since 8am EST...)
    Read the manga. Less crap. Moves at a quicker pace. Itachi and Saskue's battle is pretty epic.

But yeah, for anyone who didn't catch it in the podcast, you get 75 EXP per Level per fate point. So just add 1 to your current level and go from there.

So if your Level 0 and have one point, you'll get 75. Level 1; 150. Level 2; 225. Yeah, I'm sure everyone gets it.

ON A SIDE NOTE, I think I should tone down my language a bit. Anyone else agree?
    Last edited by BlackAndBlueEyes; 04-09-09 at 01:21 PM.

GP

Name
    Jasker Lightfoot
    Race
    Halfling
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    4'4"/87lbs.
    Job
    Mercenary Thief/Rogue

I don't fucking know, why the hell are you asking us? It's your choice shitface.
    I don't give a damn either way.

Jasker's Tale:

See you, Space Cowboy...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast