Human
    Hair Color
    Raw Umber Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5'3" / 115 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph View Post
    It was still funny, though. However, I understand why it is staff policy to frown on such behavior (having served a fair amount of time on staff, myself). Except this then leads me to wonder why Taskmeinster, an Administrator, responded to Homun's arguably immature antics with, not to put too fine a point on it, even more immature antics? Especially while also violating some common sense tournament guidelines in the process -- posting several times in a row, and delaying for a considerable length of time before posting at the last minute. That doesn't sound like the kind of behavior most would expect from an administrator.
    ^ Obvious Pot Stirring / Staff Baiting ^

So, approximately half of all the threads ended by disqualification. At least it's less to judge
    We talkin bout practice
    Not a game, not a game, not a game
    We talkin bout practice

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Visla Eraclaire View Post
    So, approximately half of all the threads ended by disqualification.
    Can anyone really say that they didn't see this coming?
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Bushido View Post
    Funny maybe, that's subjective, childish, definitely. As for what Task did, I don't necessarily condone it, but it most definitely is not on the same level as what Homun did.
    One could call it childish; I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you on that. As for whether it's on the same level or not: that would depend on how you measure it. That doesn't really matter, anyway. I just found it rather silly and pointless, because if Task was attempting to save face, it didn't work. That's all; contrary to Visla's belief, I'm not out here trying to rouse the rabble. I like to think that I'd be more creative if I had that intention in mind.
    Last edited by Christoph; 08-15-09 at 08:31 AM.

God of Bards
    EXP: 99,783, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 4,217
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,217
    GP

Name
    Duffy
    Race
    Thayne
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8"/160lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger

View Profile
    Now now children, this isn't being productive - not when there's tea to be drunk and scones to be consumed!

Which brings me to ask, roughly how long does judging take, i,e - when can round 2 draws be expected, two days, a week, two weeks?

Throbbing Member
    EXP: 101,041, Level: 13
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 2,959
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,959
    GP

Name
    Godhand Striker
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Prematurely Gray
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"/205lbs
    Job
    Wine collector

Funny maybe, that's subjective, childish, definitely. As for what Task did, I don't necessarily condone it, but it most definitely is not on the same level as what Homun did.
    Wha- No, you don't get to do that. You don't get to pick and choose when being belligerent is okay and when it isn't. Unless you're prepared to condemn both of them, fuck off with that shit. This "mods stick together" shit is going way too far.
    "I almost shook his hand but then I remembered I killed a man."
    -Camus, The Stranger

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
    -Denis Diderot

"But I can smile...And I can smile while I kill..."
    -King Ricardo

"I know this is going to sound like a joke but I am deadly serious: I didn't know it was jubilee week."
    -Johnny Rotten

Meet Mr. Man/My Inventory/Almost Great

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndBlueEyes View Post
    Can anyone really say that they didn't see this coming?
    I didn't.

Really, me and my silly optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
    Wha- No, you don't get to do that. You don't get to pick and choose when being belligerent is okay and when it isn't. Unless you're prepared to condemn both of them, fuck off with that shit. This "mods stick together" shit is going way too far.
    Make your points, have your opinions, but don't keep fanning the flames. You've been repeatedly warned about this.
    He's a lover, not a fighter
    But he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas.
    - The most interesting man in the world.

Patrick(level 1) In the rest of Althanas
    Level 2

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    Except this then leads me to wonder why Taskmeinster, an Administrator, responded to Homun's arguably immature antics with, not to put too fine a point on it, even more immature antics? Especially while also violating some common sense tournament guidelines in the process -- posting several times in a row, and delaying for a considerable length of time before posting at the last minute. That doesn't sound like the kind of behavior most would expect from an administrator.
    To bring to light what was the purpose of the posts... I wanted to get rewards still, since Homonculus obviously left at a point where no spoils were going to be rewarded. Hence why I continued posting, multiple posts back to back. I waited till the last minute because, honestly, a 40+ hour work week, 5 students I'm tutoring for their finals in math, and another 4 in general humanities courses was quite a bit to try and be active through. Friday was my only day off last week, and is looking to be my only day off for two weeks if next week is promising to be the way it is.

My final post, though immature (and I'll take whatever argument that says it wasn't right for an Admin to post that, because it's true but I don't care) was going to be the way I ended the thread anyway. If you have been a mod, then you've seen the PM that it was related to before, and would know the background.

Sure, it was childish and stupid. I accept that. But I also don't care. If there was a post that he did that wasn't powergaming or bunnying I'd love for you to show me. Otherwise, I'll stand by my decision and keep my post the way it is.

BTW: the ending that was in bold, what I said my character sent as a reply to Homon, was exactly what he sent me through a PM regarding a judgment of his. It was due to the fact that he didn't respect me as a judge, or a staff member, and in turn was his mature way of telling me that I was wrong about his powergaming in the thread I had judged. Was it immature of me? As I said yes, but it was also incharacter. So too bad.

Hypocrite and Bitch
    EXP: 17,330, Level: 5
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next level: 2,670
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,670
    GP

Name
    Serilliant
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    1.75 meters / 70 kilograms
    Job
    Merchant

There's nothing more about this issue that needs to be said in this thread. If you have more to add, feel free to send PMs to the relevant parties. Otherwise, we're starting fresh.

This thread is devoted to the Magus Cup and the discussion of winners and losers ect. Place your predictions here or even just toot your own horn!

EXP: 18,611, Level: 4
    Level completed: 77%, EXP required for next level: 1,389
    Level completed: 77%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,389
    GP

Name
    Amaril Torrun
    Race
    Half-dragon
    Hair Color
    Long black
    Eye Color
    unnatural blues
    Build
    6'7" / 286 lbs.
    Job
    Dead

Despite some usual inactivity and a Battle-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, there are some pretty creative and well written threads in there. There's always room for improvement, but I predict some decent success when we look back on this Magus once it is finished.

God of Bards
    EXP: 99,783, Level: 13
    Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next level: 4,217
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,217
    GP

Name
    Duffy
    Race
    Thayne
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'8"/160lbs
    Job
    Bladesinger

View Profile
    And here I am having to ask again, what's the rough turnaround between rounds?

Call me over eager

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast