Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile

Round 2: Misery Business Vs My Little Homicidal Maniacs

Round 2 will start at Midnight Tuesday, CST. Good luck!
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

EXP: 34,842, Level: 7
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next level: 158
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next level: 158
    GP

Name
    Zack Blaze
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'0'' 170 lbs
    Job
    Manipulator

His shoes clicked against the smooth polished linoleum floor. He walked closer to the eastern side of the hallway, a free hand sliding across the varnished wood. His other hand held an envelope, fine cursive lettering that informed the members of ‘Misery Business’ that they had advanced to the second round of the Lornius Corporate Championship with a bye. Apparently, their opponents for the first round had caused some sort of ruckus in the Floating City, and were disqualified for their shenanigans.

Zack Blaze did not much feel the need to tell them that the ‘ruckus’ was actually Misery Business itself.

And so the fighter, as well as his partner, the noble and mischievous Princess Agnie, had spent the better half of a week living in the accommodations to those warriors who advanced to the quarter finals of the tournament. The mansion was far from modest, and the fact that the duo had managed to advance on a technicality left them with more time to explore their surroundings than their future competition. There were lots of hallways and lots of doors; the kind of scenery that both Zack and Ags liked, respectively. Outside, the howling of coyotes and hooting of owls created a natural chorus that could lull even the most savage barbarian to sleep.

“Do you think the rest of the competition is going to show up soon?” Ags asked her fearless leader, her own paces just a few steps behind the street fighter.

“Don’t know, but I hope we can find that ‘My Little Homicidal Maniacs’ team soon, and know exactly who we’re up against.” Zack’s hand left the wall and touched his right shoulder, a shiver of fear and excitement running down his spine. In the fight with Caned But Able, Zack had suffered a ridiculous amount of damage to the body part. “With a name like that though, they sound vicious. Should be a good opportunity to test this new move I’ve been working on!”

Zack stuffed the letter in his inner jacket pocket and slammed his fist into an open palm. He had come up with a plan to get the jump on his foes for the last couple of days. Now that the results had come in, and people were moving to better housing conditions, the brawler could not resist the opportunity to possibly glide into the semi-finals of the tournament on yet another technicality. After all, the disqualification of their opponent’s last round proved that such strategies worked well for the trouble making team. In Zack’s mind, there was no reason to stop such a good tactic.

“Let's just hope we don’t catch them in one of these corridors,” Ags spoke as they rounded a corner, referring to one of the long, door free hallways. The spacing from wall to wall was a good seven feet, but that left little room for maneuverability if they had to fight people proficient with wide projectile like attacks. Of course, it also meant that if Zack could get in close, Misery Business would get a distinct advantage over the Maniacs.

“We’ll find you some doors Ags,” Zack reassured the girl, whose tone sounded more ‘pointing out the obvious’ than ‘concerned for well-being’. The fighter stopped for a minute, turning to the girl and giving her a big thumbs up. “Trust me, when the Misery Business gets on a roll, there won’t be anybody able to stop that boulder!”

Ags rolled her eyes when Zack turned around, sighing just out of the boy’s hearing.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about! You sound like a self-help book! I don't know if you're going to try to hit me or charge me $99 for your seminar! ~ Benimaru Nikaido to Ryo Sakazaki

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    The first thing I did when I entered one of the mansion's many guest bedrooms was crumple up the envelope and letter notifying Aurelianus and I of our bump up in living conditions and our next opponents in this silly little tournament. I carelessly threw it towards a wire trash basket in the corner, missing it by inches. The wrinkled ball of fine stationary bounced harmlessly against the wood paneling of the wall and came to a rest on the ornately-woven rugs that decorated the floor. I left it there.

I undid the clasps around my neck that held my cloak shut, bundled the black sifan into a ball, and threw it on the wooden chair that sat several feet from the foot of the feather bed. I unbuckled the belts that the sheathes my twin daggers were attached to, and set them carefully onto the pristine mahogany dresser against the wall. Glancing over at the doorway, I could see my little homicidal maniac of a partner, Aurelianus Drak'shal, himself a tower of leather, sharp things, and buckles with blood-red quills, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. One of his trademark cigarettes dangled from his pale, demonic lips. A wisp of gray smoke rose from the embers and floated in the air before him as he gave me a cold, calculating look (which, in all honesty, is the only look that I believe he is capable of giving).

After several seconds of uncomfortable silence, he asked, "What's your trouble, luv?"

I sighed heavily as I threw myself onto the thick red comforter that covered the bed. I sunk into it as it eased my weariness, thinking about my reasons for agreeing to make the trip to Lorinus in the first place, and how my plans for revenge had begun falling apart around me as soon as we left the lighthouse after our victory against my Brother Logan McCloud and some old, naked bitch.

"Do you remember what I said to you on the ferry back to Lyridia?" My voice was cracked and weary with the events of the past week.

Aurelianus nodded slightly. "Aye, the bollocks with your brother..."

"Yeah. Well, as it turns out, he found me first. I should've expected as much--this tournament we're a part of is apparently a pretty big deal around here, and it didn't take much investigating for his associates to discover that I was a part of it. So, while I've been investigating his whereabouts, poking around for even the smallest scrap of information so I can just snap his neck and get it over with..." I sighed heavily and turned over onto my side. "He's been one step ahead of me this entire time. He's got a lot more presence and clout here than I anticipated--and, honestly, it's starting to get really annoying."

A small smile flickered across the demon's lips as a frown crept across mine, our thoughts turning to the thugs sent to, presumably, teach us a lesson every day since we arrived on the island. "While I'm certain that you're enjoying the practice, Aure, I'm really starting to get tired of having to watch our backs every corner we turn and every tavern we walk into."

"Those leather'eads ain't smart enough to stay away, then what 'appens to 'em ain't our trouble.."

"I can't argue with you there, but I'm just getting... really, really sick of all this killing and bloodshed."

The demon snuffed out his cigarette stub with a pinch of his fingers, and thoughtlessly pitched the butt down the hallway. "Ah, but you do it so well, Bright Eyes..."

"Because that's all I've known how to do," I shot back, my tone little harsher than I intended. Aurelianus, to his credit, didn't flinch. "But I don't want to do it anymore. I'm tired of all the worrying, I'm tired of the threats, I'm tired of the waves of faceless thugs and assassins that stand in my way."

A heavy silence filled the guest room as a picture hung over the headboard of the bed drew my attention. A thick, bald, elderly man with a salt and pepper handlebar mustache dressed in black robes stared back at me with a look of scornful disapproval. I assumed that the man was the owner of the expansive mansion that we were staying in. "Is it too much to want to kill my family without further complications, so I can just grow old and peacefully tend to my bookstore?"

Aurelianus grunted softly as he reached for another cigarette hidden within the pockets of his overcoat, deciding at the last second against it. "Anyhow, luv, you any idea on the cutters we're 'ere to nick? If they're calling kip 'ere, same as us, mayhap we could get some chant on 'em before we pen 'em in the Dead-Book."

I wracked my brain, trying to make sense of the demon's slang and remember the names that were written on the letter that sat crumpled up in the corner. "Some guys who named themselves Misery Business, I think."
    Last edited by BlackAndBlueEyes; 02-20-13 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Edited Aurelianus's dialogue
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

EXP: 6,716, Level: 3
    Level completed: 43%, EXP required for next level: 2,284
    Level completed: 43%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,284
    GP

Name
    Agnie "Ags" Lar
    Race
    Fey
    Hair Color
    Gold
    Eye Color
    Left: Amber; Right: Gold
    Build
    5'1"/Bodacious
    Job
    Princess

View Profile
    The pair wandered into a great hall that led through the more glamorous rooms, entering a massive chamber which, assumed from its ornate decor and open center, was intended to be a ballroom. "Imagine one of your parties in this place," Zack commented with an imaginative grin, allowing his hand to continue drifting along the top of the wainscot, painted pristinely white against gold wallpaper until some luxuriously-upholstered furniture redirected his path toward the center of the room.

"Mm? Oh, yes," Ags replied after a moment, her mottled eyes fixed on the crystal chandelier as it glittered like a delightfully classy disco ball, rainbow-tinted shards of light raining down through it and onto the floor from the skylights above. The effect played fascinatingly against the shiny satin of the girl's red dress, bodice tightly fitted with a wide, sweeping skirt that fell to her knees and left a flirty glimpse of the creamy lace of her underskirt. Her legs were bare and feet clad in kitten heels that were entirely inappropriate for any sort of physical event, but Zack learned long ago how futile it was to explain the concept of utility to this particular individual.

It was common for the fairy to get distracted, but usually such a thing happened with a flourish of movement and far too much enthusiasm. Her odd bout of thoughtfulness piqued her partner's interest and he stepped up next to her, resting his hands in his pockets as blue, gold, and pink specs of light played off his fair complexion. "What'cha thinkin', Agnie?"

With a wry little grin, the girl glanced up to him and batted her eyelashes. "I do think about things other than parties once in a while. Are you shocked?"

Zack chuckled. "Maybe a little."

"My father was from Althanas, you know. He's why I came here."

This sudden bout of seriousness quirked a brow, but the boy indulged her. "You're looking for your father?"

For a split second Ags looked at him rather like he was an idiot, but her harsh expression broke when she fell into laughter. "Oh, goodness, no. He's been dead for oh," she wriggled her fingers as if counting, golden curls bouncing as she shook her head, "Over a century, if I'm not mistaken. No, no, no. The bastard stole something from my mother and it's floating around here somewhere. I'd rather like it back, and this tournament's the perfect opportunity."

"It's on Lornius somewhere?" Zack puzzled.

The fey clasped her hands behind her back, strolling a lazy orbit around the edge of the large rosette painted at the center of the hardwood floor. Her little heels clicked against the surface, the sound echoing with the grand acoustics of the extravagant room. "One of the participants has it," she revealed, her trademark Cheshire grin returning to her rosy lips.

The boy took the opposite way around the design, forcing her to stop and look up at him when they met on the opposite side. Forehead furrowed in concern, feigned for her, but what really was going on behind those emerald eyes was quick deliberation on what kind of intriguing, otherworldly artifact this something might be, and how it might possibly benefit their organization. "Who has it?" His question was spoken gently, yet somehow came out like a demand.

"Oh, Zack," Agnie smirked, punching him in the arm with wink and a jingle of charm bracelets. "That's a secret!"

A door to their left creaked open not to the room beyond, but darkness, and a strange draft settled in around their feet. The princess twirled and dashed off to investigate, deliberating in a low voice with whatever unseen creature lurked within. As soon as her back was turned, Zack let out the sigh of exasperation he'd been suppressing.

After a moment of commiserating with one of her sprites, Ags called to the boy behind her with no small amount of pure glee evident in her musical voice. "They're here! And you'll never guess who's on the team," she teased, beckoning him closer with urgency.

Zack approached. "Who?"

At this point the fairy could barely contain herself, even going so far as to smooth her dress and primp her cleavage in preparation. "It's a surprise, come on!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him through the doorway which, instead of leading into the chilly abyss beyond, brought them into the hall of one of the mansion's several princely suites.

This one belonged to the newly arrived My Little Homicidal Maniacs, and their voices could be heard from down the hall.

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    EXP: 25,718, Level: 6
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next level: 1,282
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,282
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Black sclera, with yellow irises and slit pupils
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job
    Warlock, Soul Broker, Anarchist, Planewalker, Fleshcrafter

View Profile
    Aurelius' level one profile being used with permission of all participants.
    Leaning against the fancy carved door-frame, his bladed armour tearing gouges into the mahogany, Aurelius ground his teeth together, trying to drown out the chorus of owl hoots and animal calls outside the mansion. The half-demon's eyes lit up with sadistic joy at the Madison's revelation though, a shark-like grin splitting his face. Blowing a cloud of smoke from his nostrils, Aurelius strolled over to the discarded letter, uncrumpling the paper to read.

"Misery Business? Are you sure?" he asked, a small note of excited urgency tinging his voice.

Smoothing the paper out, Aurelianus let his serpent eyes dance over the words- sure as sure, that was their allocated opponent. Drawing in another lungful of smoke, he glanced over his shoulder at Madison, his partner shrouded in a maudlin cloud. He knew she was pissed off at the fact she couldn't outsmart her brother, but the tiefling considered the chit; I 'ope for 'er sake she gets 'er brain-box sorted before this fight. She gets in the way of my winning, I might 'ave to make 'er a deader again.

He incinerated the sheet of paper with a small flare of Hellfire, shaking the flames out as he rounded on his partner. Drak'shal stood a few inches taller than her, his lithe, lean form covered in black leather, from top to bottom; he wore a simple pair of leather breeches and vest, covered with his outlandish armour. It was made of segmented plates of black leather, all strapped and buckled on, covered in a myriad of blades, barbs and hooks. It covered his legs, torso and his left arm. His right, for no apparent reason, was unguarded, displaying his tattoos openly. Over the top of this, the warlock wore his trademark coat, armour-plated and scarred from years of use. All in all, he was as ready and attired for battle as he ever was. More importantly, he was mentally prepared for the killing to come.

But after seeing Madison's reaction to the regular assassin attacks they'd "suffered", the Cager, a practiced murderer since childhood, wasn't so sure the chit had it in her anymore. He sneered a little as he looked over his partner. "You better make sure you 'ave your 'ead in the game, luv, or I'll gladly off you myself. You stay on the ball for this fight, and I'll even 'elp you catch a 'old of this brother of your's. Fair?" he asked, blowing another stream of smoke across the opulent, lavishly decorated room.

One look in the half-breed's inhuman eyes would assure Madison he meant what he had said; he wouldn't hesitate to put a blade in her.

Dropping the cigarette butt from between his lips, Aurelius crushed it out, grinding it into the lush, fancy carpet with his boot, leaving a dirty black smear. He strolled over to Madison's feather-bed, stripping off his coat and laying it next to her cloak. If Misery Business really were here, it would mean a close-quarters fight more than likely. That meant his coat was liable to be more of a hindrance than a help. His hand wandered idly to make sure all of his arsenal was in place. The canny Cager took his Baatorian knives from their sheaths, studying the new glyphs etched along the blades- the Blood Mages of the Dheathain jungles did good work, he nodded to himself, eager to test out the bleeding enchantment fused with the green-steel. Aurelius slipped the twin knives back into the sheaths at his lower back, checking the straps holding them in place again. After that, he took out and inspected his shurikens, his cleaver and finally, with reverent care, the curved and notched Herzaa's blade hanging from his belt on a leather cord.

Satisfied he had everything in order, the half-breed strolled out the door, keeping his senses alert for any sign of Zack Blaze. He wasn't sure who would be partnered up with him, but the tiefling had his suspicions- and if they turned out to be right, then it was going to be a very good night. The entire mansion seemed to be as lavish as Madison's room- the only room Drak'shal knew for a fact wasn't still nice and fancy, was his own. Minutes after entering the soft, cushy kip, Aurelius had taken to destroying the place. The bed lay in a splintered heap on the floor, cleaved apart, dripping with the feathered remains of the too-soft mattress. The wardrobe had been torn apart, doors kicked in, drawers hurled against walls. The former Hive-ganger had kept the covers from the bed intact, piled up in one corner, for him to sleep in- he'd had a lot less comfortable digs in his lifetime. But, the petty vandalism had done its job; the room felt more comfortable already.

Whistling for Madison to follow him, the warlock stalked out into the hallway, his gaze taking in the pricey furnishings, and garish decoration that lay everywhere in this manor. Personally, he had liked the slightly ratty bunks they had called kip in for the first round of the competition- but in a place as obviously top-shelf as this manse... the guttersnipe disliked places like this. His low-life upbringing made his skin crawl around these sorts of places. His hands itched to unleash Shahab's Lash, to just burn down everything.. But that would spoil the fun.

And if I'm getting the chance to get paid for this, and pen the bloke payin' me in the Dead-Book... a shiver went up the Cager's spine, his forked tongue sliding over his lips at the prospect.

After all, Zack himself had told Aurelius not to pull any punches if they should end up paired off.

"'eeeeeeere, Zacky-boy," he called, sliding a Baatorian knife out of its sheath, feeling the heat of his Hellfire building at the back of his throat. He hadn't had a proper chance to test out his new powers.. but tonight was definitely the night.

He stopped dead, head whipping around as he caught the scent of someone from the adjoining room, next to Madison's suite. His room.

There was only one way they could have got so close, without him noticing. His eyes lit up with sheer predatory joy, his suspicions affirmed. He walked down the hall, smashing the door of his room open with a vicious boot, the knife-scarred wood breaking from its hinges in a shower of splinters, swinging crookedly inwards.

There, standing in the middle of what remained of his room's furniture, was Zack, his ash-blonde hair and green eyes starkly contrasting the dark, Hellfire-scorched interior. But the brawler wasn't what the one to catch his attention. Standing next to the street-fighting cutter, was the one and only Princess Agnie Lars- her slender, but voluptuous little frame was wrapped in a layer of red fabric, hugging tight to her bust, the skirt giving a tantalising flash of her underskirt.

"Mmm, ain't you a treat for the eyes," he said quietly, not sure if he'd spoken aloud or not, but not particularly caring if he had.

Giving a deep-throated growl, the half-demon let his serpentine eyes roam over the blonde-haired Fey for a good, long moment, before he nodded to Zack.

"Evenin' chief. Ready to get started?" he asked, his knife held loosely in his right hand, his left open at his side. There was no trash-talking, no preamble.. Aurelius was here to pen someone in the Dead-Book. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Aurelianus Drak'shal; 02-26-13 at 03:34 AM. Reason: spelling error
    "My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realize they're bleeding."
    - John Constantine

"Self-control is for those who can't control others."
    - Gavin Guile

"There are two secrets to becoming great. One is never to reveal all that you know."
    - Anon.

EXP: 34,842, Level: 7
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next level: 158
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next level: 158
    GP

Name
    Zack Blaze
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'0'' 170 lbs
    Job
    Manipulator

His muscles twitched the second he saw the dark black quills of hair, slit black retinas, and the horns that looked more like a demonic crown than additional limbs. Zack’s heart started racing at the prospect of fighting this demon, a man he had formed a partnership with in the name of Misery Business. The teen hopped up and down, his once stoic posture replaced by something more carefree. His feet thudded against the hard floor with each bound he made. He slammed his fists against one another, the knuckles cracking in the process.

Zack now had the opportunity to test the mettle of his clansman. He had just recently recruited Aurelius, and this was one of the purposes he had signed him up for. Zack knew in his heart that if he were to one day rule Althanas, he would have to gain strength. Fighting Aurie proved to be a chance for Zack to not only try to overcome his physical limitations, but the emotional ones that came with fighting a ‘friend’ as well.

Aurelius could sense his employer’s excitement, it seemed. The demon reached into one of his pockets, withdrawing another cigarette from his clothing, and tossed it to Zack. The fighter caught the white stick between his index and ring fingers, delicately placing the object over his left ear. “You getting soft of me, Aurie? Giving me a victory cigarette before we mop the floor with you?”

Zack tossed some practice punches into the air, bobbing and weaving against an invisible force. A gruff laugh came from the warlock, which just caused the boy to smile even wider. “Got it wrong there, cutter. It’s a last smoke, case you wanna start ‘ere and now. Don’t worry though, I’ll take good care of the chit while they’re ‘ealin’ you up.”

“You’re so kind.” Zack stopped his faux sparring; growing a still as a statue in winter as his eyes shifted towards the woman Aurelius was with. “Whats say we save the main event for later, and get a good workout from the b-team? You take Ags; I’ll take your girl.”

“Careful she don’t off you first, Zacky,” the tone in Aurie’s voice sent a message through Zack. Ags was useless when it came to combat, but Aurelius would have never picked a partner that couldn’t handle themselves. Zack licked his lips, his eyes focused squarely on Madison now.

“Zack Blaze of Misery Business,” the fighter balled a fist before miming the toss of a coin to his lady-foe, “Whats say after this little brawl, you come talk to me about joining our little group? If Aurie likes you, then I think we would get along too.”

Madison swatted the air, a pantomime of rejecting the pretend charity away. “I’ll pass.”

“Then you’ll die!” Zack proclaimed his threat to the heavens as both of his fists caught fire, the brawler uppercutting the air with one, and then the other, releasing a double shot of fire flying towards the ground at Madison. The flames burned through the ground, melting the floor in the process as they jettisoned towards the librarian. “Now all that’s left to decide is whether you want to go to Heaven or Hell, miss rebel.”

((Obviously, all bunny permissions have been granted to all parties involved in this fight))
    That's exactly what I'm talking about! You sound like a self-help book! I don't know if you're going to try to hit me or charge me $99 for your seminar! ~ Benimaru Nikaido to Ryo Sakazaki

GP

Name
    Agnie "Ags" Lar
    Race
    Fey
    Hair Color
    Gold
    Eye Color
    Build
    5'1"/Bodacious
    Job
    Princess

View Profile
    Ags wasn't completely useless in combat, especially in a mansion full of doors and passages and other venues for her talents. Aurelius was likely well aware of that fact, considering the last time he tried to get fresh with the fey he was put through her coffee table by a giant tentacle. But he was a brave sort of fellow, and she trusted he'd allow her to take the lead in a tango that they both knew with optimism would likely result in a good knifing.

As soon as Zack began his introduction to the tiefling's partner, the fairy strolled out into the hallway, not wishing to end up confined to the one room. She brushed past Madison with a cheery little smile then glanced coquettishly over her shoulder to the half-breed, so kindly relieved of his pointy jacket. "Would you like to see my room?" she asked, then skipped off down the hall without waiting for a response, avoiding getting caught in the crossfire when Zack's attack came.

At the end of the hall were the double doors that served as the entrance to MLHM's suite and their exit into the rest of the mansion. The flirty fairy looked back to make sure Aurelius was following, grinned, and stepped through, leaving the door open behind her. She appeared to be walking down the larger hallway outside, presumably actually leading him to her own quarters.

That was a sham, of course. With the trick of fey glamour she created the illusion of walking through as she, personally, did, but if Aurelius stepped through, he'd find himself somewhere a touch more perilous than the quaint isle of Lornius.

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    EXP: 25,718, Level: 6
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next level: 1,282
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,282
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Black sclera, with yellow irises and slit pupils
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job
    Warlock, Soul Broker, Anarchist, Planewalker, Fleshcrafter

View Profile
    Chuckling under his breath, Aurelius turned away from Zack, trusting Madison could handle herself against the boy. If she couldn't, then he'd gladly come back and finish the job, but for now, the tiefling was looking forward to toying with Ags. He wanted the barmy little Fey, badly, and in all sorts of inventive and graphic ways. Who knows- maybe after you knife 'er, she'll want you more. Lotsa chits get their rocks off like that, the voice in his head mocked.

As Ags left the room, Aurelianus turned to follow, his bladed armour catching every stray flicker of light as he moved. Stepping over the remains of some piece of furniture or other, he walked past his partner in this ride, patting her on the shoulder as he went.

"Finish him," he said quietly, smirking arrogantly.

The half-breed stepped out into the hallway, a lascivious grin spreading over his features at Ags' suggestion. He started to follow, eyes happily glued to the fairy's arse as she skipped away from him. Just as he was getting level with Madison's room, he heard the distinctive *whump* of something catching fire. The warlock glanced over his shoulder, quirking an eyebrow. He was already intimately familiar with all of Madison's tricks and toys- having fought with her here in the Lornius Corporate Championship, and after murdering her a while back in Radasanth's renowned Citadel- so when the heat washed down the corridor, Aurelius knew it must have been one of Zack's abilities. I'll need to show 'im 'ow the big boys play with fire, he chuckled, Hellfire flickering around his fingertips.

But that would come later. Now, he had a much more enticing prospect.

He turned back to the oak-paneled corridor, his heavy boots treading on the soft red carpet that ran down the middle of every hall in this building. Ags was a little way up ahead, through the double-doors that opened up My Little Homicidal Maniacs' suite to the mansion proper.

The tiefling flexed his fingers round the demon-hide-wrapped grip of his chiv, the viciously serrated knife as hungry for blood as its owner. Ags didn't even seem remotely afraid of the half-demon behind her, as she glanced coquettishly over her shoulder, running further down the hall, obviously trying to tease the Cager.

He started down the hall, seeing his prey, so tantalisingly close. She was just through the door--

SHIT!

Aurelius pulled up just a step short of going through the doorway, spitting with fury, swearing enough to make a Scara Braean blush. He had almost fell for the oldest bob in the bloody book!

Aurelianus knew, firsthand, how dangerous Agnie could be with a door between her and her opponent- Hells, last time I tried to peep on 'er, I nearly 'ad my soddin' chest caved in, he growled. It seemed his gutter-spawned instincts had saved him once again. Serpent eyes flashing with ill-contained fury, the tiefling glared at Agnie. 'Aven't even nicked 'er yet, and she's bobbin' me already, he thought, gripping his knife in a white-knuckled fist. Still, he was impressed at the canny move from Ags, and his estimations of the barmy little chit rose a fraction. His grimace slowly melted away, to be replaced by a crooked smile.

"Not bad, luv, not bad. You almost 'ad me, like a pikin' gully," he chuckled softly, chiding himself mentally.

But you'll 'ave to do a damn-sight better than that if you want to beat me. His eyes scanning the hallway for any way around the door, he finally tumbled to the answer. He couldn't go through the door... but he could go around it.

Darting into Madison's room, the warlock turned to the wall next to her bed, sizing it up in an instant. With a flick of his wrist, Aurelius sent an Eldritch Blast smashing into the wall; a dent, slightly smaller than the tiefling's head, appeared on the wall, accompanied by a light rain of plaster-dust. Summoning up the invocation again, he was rewarded with a series of cracks spider-webbing across the surface of the wall. Growing impatient, Drak'shal thundered out a series of blasts, each one tearing into the wall, breaking through slowly but surely, until finally, a hole the size of a fist appeared. Mouth-watering with anticipation of catching Ags, he kept going, each burst of arcane energy widening the gap, until after a full minute, he was able to see clearly into the adjacent room. Coughing from the amount of plaster-dust in the air, clogging up his throat, the Cager was reminded of home- of the Godsmen's Forge, with it's clouds of pollution spewing into the air. But, he didn't have time to reminisce.

With a short run Aurelius launched himself at the wall, smashing through the remainder in a ball of blades and lean muscle, to skid out in the other room, wreathed in a fine layer of gritty dust. Shaking himself off, getting to his feet, the plane-touched loped from the room, out onto the corridor Ags had skipped into. On his right was the doorway she had rigged, which meant he had avoided her trap.

A feral grin showing his fangs, the tiefling marked Ags, in a flurry of fine red cloth, and golden curls, to his left.

"C'mon Ags, 'ow about we stop pikin' around, and I pen you in the Dead-book now? I promise I'll make it quick," he called to the fairy, his smile showing in no uncertain terms how much elation that thought brought him.
    "My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realize they're bleeding."
    - John Constantine

"Self-control is for those who can't control others."
    - Gavin Guile

"There are two secrets to becoming great. One is never to reveal all that you know."
    - Anon.

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    I brushed off Aurelianus's lingering threats as I stood in the guest wing hallway, tightening up the leather straps that hung my daggers around my hips. The demon fancied himself a stone-cold killer; but having watched him fight before, I could confidently say that his lack of finesse and inclination for wanton destruction would cost him dearly if I ever made the decision to actually bother to fight back. A simple manipulation of his primitive, one-track mind would have him doubling over in a pool of his own vomit before my wires wrapped tightly around his throat, choking him to death.

But, that was a fantasy for later. It was time to address the rather sudden challenge before me. He was a young thing--not quite a boy, but not yet a man. His light blonde hair was spiked in a manner that implied that he just said screw it about halfway through, and his rather bright green eyes stared at me inquisitively. A similarly-green leather jacket covered his torso. A faint, sweet odor filled my nostrils... Peaches? ...Really? Yes, I was certain that was it. Peaches. I could feel my lip involuntarily curling up in disgust.

I began planning my attack. A quick survey of the hallway showed that I didn't have much room to maneuver; Only a few feet of room on either side of me as I stood in the middle. The floor, tiled in polished linoleum, could cause me to slip up if I wasn't careful. The hallways was also sparsely decorated; no conveniently-placed chairs or tables for me to latch onto with the wires and make into makeshift projectiles or pieces of cover. Hell, even a chandelier in the hallway could've ended the fight for me right then and there... But alas, the closest one was about ten feet down the hall from where the kid was standing.

Before I could spring into action, I found myself staring down two short walls of fire headed in my direction, tearing up the floor and melting the linoleum as they sped towards me. ...Fire screaming across the floor towards an opponent--what an odd method of attack... The width of the diminutive flames left me no room on either side to dodge it, and the closest door to another guest room was blocked by the advancing attack. I had no choice but to go over.

Snapping into a full-speed run, I kept my eyes locked onto the fire in front of me. One! Two! With a couple of deft springs, I leaped over the boy's opening attack, and with a third jump, I found myself close enough to him to strike. I drew my right fist back, ready to unleash pain on his effeminate face.
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

GP

Name
    Agnie "Ags" Lar
    Race
    Fey
    Hair Color
    Gold
    Eye Color
    Build
    5'1"/Bodacious
    Job
    Princess

View Profile
    In the moment of relative silence after Ags assumed cursing Aurelius suddenly found himself entrenched in the waist-high snows of Berevar, guilt set in. It was quite possibly the most horrendous feeling ever to come over the emotionally stunted fey, and was potentially a significant turning point in her time on Althanas –– her first step toward that strange thing called humanity.

But she didn't realize that, of course. She simply thought she was the victim of some indigestion and her face pinched a bit as she wrapped her arms over her stomach, suddenly overcome with the urge to bring him back. But then he'd probably stab her, and all that blood would ruin her pretty new dress…

Fortunately, or perhaps more unfortunately, her inner turmoil had a short half-life thanks to Aurelius' keen instinct. As she sorted her priorities, a loud banging and subsequent crash within the suite interrupted her train of thought. Before she could properly book it the tiefling found her again, and from the manner in which he cut straight to the I'm-gonna-shank-you chase, Agnie realized this wasn't going to be easy as poor Aimer had been.

His threat was answered simply. "Nope," the fairy grinned, though perhaps a bit less optimistically this time as she took off down the wide hall. She really had no chance in outrunning the fiend with her short legs, but there were plenty of doors, and those were all she needed. He wouldn't fall for the same trick again, but she could use that to her advantage.

The princess disappeared into another door and slammed it behind her, sending Aurelius into another fit of curses. He stood back and punched a gaping hole in it using his eldritch blasts, the noise drowning out the low creak of hinges as the one directly behind him across the wall swung cautiously open. The contents of the new room before him were obscured in darkness, undecipherable to his serpentine eyes. So, to test the waters, the half-breed extracted a shuriken and pitched it straight into the abyss.

Surprise was an understatement for what he felt as his weapon sailed out of the doorway behind him, intent on lodging itself mercilessly in the flesh of his right shoulder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast