Adventurer

View Profile

Vindlyn Fraizen

Name: Vindlyn Fraizen
    Race: Human
    Height: Average
    Weight: Light

Personality:
    - Curious and always eager to learn new things. Is especially enthusiastic about learning more about magic. Very adaptable to new things but tends to get obsessive about her studies and goals.
    - Very confident, bordering on arrogance sometimes.
    - Dislike showing strong emotions and will often hide what she is really feeling behind stoic masks or sarcastic comments
    - Very reserved about personal details
    - Comes across as very distant and aloof due to this and not being very expressive about her own emotions.
    - Enjoy her own company for the most part but is also prideful and like showing off her skills
    - When she has the time and/or means she likes to study magic on her own and try to come up with new spells, experiment with alchemy, read and write in her journal
    - Can be rather self-centered and oblivious to other people’s problems and feelings and will sometimes override other people entirely if she feels her current task is more important.
    - Loves luxury and the finer things in life and will dress in fine clothes and such when it is opportunity for it. She dislike dresses and clothes that would hinder her mobility to much however and ideally prefer good-looking and expensive clothes she can move well in. Can be very snobby about her own appearance.
    - Likes puzzles and other sorts of intellectual challenges. Can become very obsessive about problems she cannot solve to the exclusion of most other things.
    - Sees herself as logical, pragmatic and unsentimental but can be pretty vain and prideful and as said obsessive about problems if she see them as a challenge to her intellect.
    - Treasure hunter, are especially looking for magic artifacts and knowledge but loves glittering gold treasures as well.

History: Her parents died when she was too young to remember them well and she grew up with her aunt and uncle. They were shopkeepers in a small coastal town and they already had four children so the small townhouse they lived in was very cramped. Vindlyn did not much enjoyed the company of her family, they treated her more like a houseguest than a family member and hardly noticed if she spent as much time as she could away from the house on her own. She told herself she did not mind their lack of attention much as she had a lot of freedom to move as she pleased, she often felt bored and restless, dreaming about traveling the world and having adventures like those in the books she had read. Mostly she dealt with the lack of emotion closeness from her parent figures by becoming introvert and distancing herself further from her family. She was convinced like many young people that she was different from anyone else and had some kind of grand destiny in store once she left her dreary hometown. The fact that she was more intelligent than average and knew it only added further to her ego and isolation, as she grew up she more and more avoided other children and adults alike.
    One of the only persons that she grew close to was the librarian upholding the small town library. He was a retired illusion mage, not particularly strong but he knew enough to recognise Vindlyn`s aptitude for magic and teach her the basic of illusion. She threw herself at the chance to learn real magic and had soon managed to overtake her teacher in skill. He was old however and died when she was 17. Not seeing that she had any particular reason to stay Vindlyn left her hometown to search for her fortune. Searching down whatever she could find on magic theory and most other things, she continued to teach herself new way to use her magic. She surpassed her former teacher on her own soon but her rapid progress in the arts led her to become overconfident. Some three years after she had left the merchant caravan she was travelling with was attacked by bandits. Convicted she were the most capable person present thanks to her illusion magic she immediately rushed forth and tried to make the bandits run away with a powerful fear illusion as she had done once before with a lone highwayman. There was more bandits than she had encountered before however and they had encountered illusion magic before. She overestimated her skill and while she manager to make one bandit run away two others manager to shake loose of the illusion and the other had not been affected at all. The effort had almost excused her however, enough so that she could not make herself invisible or call forth more than vague images. There was other travelling with the merchant caravan that had more skill and experience than she did however so the bandits was driven off. Vindlyn was nonetheless shocked at her own uselessness and threw herself at her arcane studies with new vigour, taking care now to also learn to cast practise spells as well and learn more combat oriented magic. She also started training her body more systematic than before and sought out trainers to learn how to use bladed weapons as to ensure she would not be caught completely off guard by not being able to use her magic. She began adventuring for real, hunting for treasure wherever she could find it. She began to see that if she should truly seize the grand destiny she had always been convinced was in store for her she needed more wealth and more magic power. She manager to master ice magic to use as an offensive weapon and became steadily a more experience fighter and a more knowing in the arts of magic.

Appearance: A young woman of average height with short snowy white hair and tan skin. Her eyes are an intense shade of light blue; they will appear to glow when she is focusing hard on something. Her face is average ad forgettable save for her intense eyes. She is thin but athletic and she usually dresses in dark, very well made traveling clothes.

Skills:
    - Bookworm/Fast learner
    Have knowledge on a great many subjects from reading books, this is mostly theory however and she can sometimes make mistakes when dealing with a subject in practice or be unable to recognize false information if she hasn’t anything else to compare it to. Know especially a lot about magic theory. Reads and comprehend texts quickly and will grasp complex subject easy if she has the time to read up on them.
    - Magic scholar
    Knows a great deal of self-taught magic theory but is only really skilled in those art that she use practically, such as ice magic or illusions.
    - Wilderness survival
    Has learned how to get food and shelter out in the wild outside civilization but dislike it immensely and will only travel away from common roads and inns if there are some extremely valuable prize to be had.
    - Alchemy
    Knows how to make a number of potions and ointments (sun protection, healing, various poisons…) and recognize a number of ingredients in the wild. Some of those she know about is only from books however and the ingredients are very difficult to obtain.
    - Good fencer
    Knows how use a sword or dagger from experience. Prefer light blades as she isn’t more than average strong and has a style mostly based on defense and getting away from short range with her opponent so she can use her magic more effectively.

Abilities:
    - Illusions
    Emotional manipulator: A subtle illusion magic that can let her affect people’s emotional state. Essentially she imagine (works best if she can very vividly remember how it feels herself) a particular emotion such as anger and project it at a target who will ideally react as if it is their own feeling. There is no effect if the target becomes aware of the illusion and it disappears shortly after she stop concentrating on it. She can throw it at more than one target at a time but this takes a lot of effort and three people for a short while is her current maximum if she is well rested. Can usually cast it 5-8 times a day but will generally be mentally exhausted by it. Using it on animals takes only about half the effort. Target need to be within clear visual range and it becomes easier for her to cast it if she has eye contact.
    Mirage: Can call forth a simple visual or audible illusion provide she is able to concentrate and hold a clear image of what she is projecting in her mind. The image will rarely be perfect having sometimes flaws such as light shining through it or not casting a shadow. She can also make an illusion that appears solid for a short time but this is much more taxing and she can only do it 2-3 times a day when rested.
    Invisibility: Can make herself undetectable by eyes and muffle whatever sounds she make. Can do this once a day and it last for maximum three hours.
    - Ice magic
    Freeze: Can freeze small body of water (such as a medium large fountain) solid, can do it once a day. Can also make the air in a room colder or keep herself cool while everything around her is hot, can cast it as many times she want provide she has the mental energy to concentrate on the spell.
    Spikes of ice: Can send an ice spike at opponents at high speed that cut through flesh and cause frost damage. Currently her experience with it allows the spikes to be comparable in strength to iron. They can fly up to ten meters before they lose force and she is decently accurate with them. Can make three such projectiles a day, twice as many if she is close to a source of water or somewhere with snow.

Equipment/Weapons:
    - A iron rapier
    - Dark, well-made travelling clothes, high leather boots and warm, dark blue cloak
    - Two sharp iron daggers with blades about a hand long. One in right boot and one in belt.
    - Three mild, self-made healing potions that can remove shallow cuts and stop bleeding from deeper ones. Dose not work on broken bones, diseases or poison.
    - Writing equipment and journal enchanted so that only she can open it.
    - A detailed engraved silver ring she was given by her teacher before he died. It fits her finger perfectly and always return on her hand after some time if she leave it somewhere but outside that she has not figure out what it is supposed to do. All her teacher had said were that it was a powerful artefact he found in his youth and that its power would reveal itself to her when she was ready for it.
    Last edited by LycorisX; 11-28-14 at 10:12 AM.

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Okay, so to start off, I'm afraid that "Freeze is just a bit too powerful. At this level, there is no way I can allow you to freeze a human. Freezing the water itself is fine, but at the moment, I can only allow you to numb a part of the body.

As for the "Spikes of Ice" if you could place a strength equivalent on the ice spike, that would be great. Of course, it would have to be iron.

I believe that is all. If I see anything else, I will let you know.
    "The lives of others are more important than my own."
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~

EXP: 620, Level: 1
    Level completed: 31%, EXP required for next level: 1,380
    Level completed: 31%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,380
    GP

Name
    Vindlyn Fraizen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Light blue
    Build
    Average/Light
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    Okay, have made the changes. Does it look better now?

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Looks good. You are APPROVED!!
    "The lives of others are more important than my own."
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~