Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile

The Monsters We Are

Out of Character:
    Solo. The events of this thread occur sometime during What Else Is There?

When I came to, I was surrounded by utter darkness. It was an inky, pitch-black nothingness. The ground I laid upon was hard and rocky. Underneath me, I could feel the pointed edges of stones and roots digging into my legs and back, sharper than they normally should be. I ached all over, physically and mentally.

I sat up and tried to regain my focus. My head was swimming; from what, I do not know. Poisons? No, impossible; I'm immune to that shit... Strange, unknown magics? That was unlikely. The last thing I remembered--

An indescribable voice that wasn't my own shrieked inside my head, rattling around and scraping the inside of my skull. I clutched my head with my briar-knit hands and grit my teeth, resisting the urge to scream with it.

The voice had shaken me down to the core of my very being, right down to my blackened soul. It was unnerving, and it left me feeling frightened as it faded out with a soft echo. My body shook as I sat there on the ground in the shadow-drenched night. I felt an unnatural chill creep through me, one that broke through the enchantments of my vest. I wrapped my arms around me tight and shivered.

I don't know where I am all. I cannot see a single gods-damned thing, nor can I hear anything, and I do not know how I got here.

For the first time in a long time, I am scared.

I hate uncertainty. I hate the unknown. And I am currently surrounded by it.

I started breathing heavier and heavier. Frantically, I searched around for a source of light--anything, anywhere at all--but found none. There was no sound at all, save for the rustling of the leaves as a light breeze blew through the branches.

Trees... Breeze... Am I still in the Red Forest?

The cursed wood was a terrifying enough place with several traveling companions during the daytime. Shape-shifting wolves, venomous reptiles of various sizes, deadly vines, flowers that will rip your soul from your body without hesitation. And I would be unable to see a single fucking one of them if they came after me right now. I took a deep breath. I had no torches, no light sources whatsoever on me. I was screwed. I took a step forward into the abyss.
    Last edited by BlackAndBlueEyes; 12-30-14 at 09:34 PM.
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times