Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

Hello everyone!

Hey! You! With the face!

Hi! With all the new players and returning players I felt the incredible need to create a thread for us to all introduce ourselves in some crazy meet and greet!

Because that's how I roll.

So my Name is Fred, and I'm an operations moderator on the site and have been for about a year now. That means if you have questions about purchasing an item at the bazaar, or getting your character approved, you should shoot me a PM. I also run the Tarot Hierarchy, and in character group based around the acquisition of magical artifacts and the prevention of the abuse of magic in general.

When I'm not on the site I work full time at a manufacturing plant that makes wooden cabinets for electronic slot machines. This means the Monday through Friday Im pretty busy during the day, but I make sure to try and pop in every now and then on chat to say and see if people need me.

If you ever want to write a thread, serious or silly, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to try and get something going! I love working and writing with new members to the site, because I remember how it felt to be new and I always want to make sure people are feeling included.

What about y'all? Even if I know you I would still love people to pop in and introduce themselves and maybe make a new friend or two. Tell us something we don't know!
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

EXP: 8,711, Level: 3
    Level completed: 93%, EXP required for next level: 289
    Level completed: 93%,
    EXP required for next level: 289
    GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Dear Everyone,
    My name is Timothy Hoyt. I'm 23 years old and woork at Walmart. I enjoy creating characters and writing with them.
    However, my work schedual is choppy so I don't always have the time to do so. I had just returned after a long hiatas that was due to not having anything to write my stories with. I hope to either publish a book or write the story fo a video game. Maybe both. I enjoy writing on Althanas which I have a total of 20 characters on. I also read a tone of fanfictions and even have two that I am going to have to restart. If you guys need any help with character or even plot ideas. go ahead and bounce them off me. I'm willing to help in that department any time.
    Sincerly,
    Timothy Hoyt
    Thought
    "Telepathic Communication"
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    Hi!

My name is Bob. If you're reading this, there's at least a 90% chance I'm older than you. I run a small (for now!?) startup (for now!?) company in the plastics industry, and own a home in New England with my wife and two girls. Since I work from home, I can often carve out a couple minutes here or there to post some silly introduction post in the FST, or even post during the workday.

Since my work schedule is really irregular, you'll see me posting at very odd and inconsistent times, but Althanas is a lot of fun for me so I make time for it. I travel a ton, almost all domestic. Most trips are pretty quick because I don't want to leave the kids for long.

I am both an old-timer here and a newbie, since I was gone for a very very long time due to a different job that had me on the road about every day. I love to write with new people, so please shoot me a PM if you'd like to put something together. I have ONLY one request - please don't start a thread that you won't finish.

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Hi.

I'm Andy.

Whenever I'm not trying to shake the image of having a stupidly powerful and evil character (she's not a bad person, she just keeps finding valid reasons to do horrible things to people who deserve it and does them in a highly efficient manner), I'm playing Splatoon and lurking in the chat room. Come by and say h0i!

I'm also the host of Althanas Community Radio, a podcast series that take occasional breaks so other people can host their own shows.
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

Be the Hero you can be.
    EXP: 90,981, Level: 13
    Level completed: 8%, EXP required for next level: 13,019
    Level completed: 8%,
    EXP required for next level: 13,019
    GP

Name
    Nanashi (Ingwe Helyanwe)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black-Brown
    Eye Color
    Black-Brown
    Build
    178cm / 70kg
    Job
    Shusai, Kensai, Monjutsushi

View Profile
    Greetings!

I'm John: half-British, half-Japanese, and wholly composed of the worst stereotypes of both nationalities. I hit the big 30 last year, and currently live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have a stable of characters on Althanas all following the "xxx of yyy-ion" naming convention, and a penchant for solos and overly long, florid posts. You may have started one of my threads and given up on the wall of text. It's okay, I don't blame you.

During the day I'm a postdoctoral researcher at a University-affiliated medical institute, where I use my background in informatics and computational biology to analyse large experimental datasets. As you might imagine that involves a lot of computer time, which means that I'm often free to pop in cheekily every now and again. I've spent more time writing academic papers than fiction recently, though, which annoys me greatly since my brain no longer seems capable of doing both at the same time. Also annoying me are the three half-finished epics that I've been meaning to hammer through and post on Althanas sometime within the next decade. Grr.

I very much enjoy constructive feedback and critique from people who've read my work, so please feel free to drop me a line if you liked or hated something in particular. I'm also open to giving feedback of my own - if you'd like me to read over your stories and either give you my thoughts or do a more detailed critique, let me know as well (I'd do more Workshops, but need to psyche myself to give critiques in public). I avoid chat because it can get a bit overwhelming, but am quite good about PMs. Honestly.

That covers most of it, methinks. Cheers and domo!
    -Level 10-

You made me laugh, you make me smile
    For you I will always go the extra mile
    I hope that the day will come when I can banish this pain
    I just hope that one day I will see you again

EXP: 3,790, Level: 2
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 1,210
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,210
    GP

Name
    Camille Airanna Dark
    Race
    Lycan
    Hair Color
    Honey golden brown
    Eye Color
    midnight ocean blue
    Build
    5'7

View Profile
    Hello you sexy beeches,
    I am Kayla!

I am twenty one years of age with a nine month old son named Kamdyn that most know as the heffalump! I have only been on this site for a few months but I love it!! I work at Walmart over night so most of my days consist of changing diapers, napping and oh yeah writing out thread with you lovely people!

I love writing and tend to dabble in almost any type of writing (though a little rusty on sparring so would be an easy win lol) SO with that said if you wish to write with me just shoot me a pm as I have several characters that all very different from the last! Any way have a lovely day!!

EXP: 13,891, Level: 4
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next level: 109
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next level: 109
    GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Well met everyone!

My name is Steven, but preferred to be called Kryos, after my very first character. I have been a member since 2006 I believe, although I am just coming back after being mostly inactive since mid June 2009. I only have the one character here, although am strongly considering bringing in a second, a researcher/mage.

In reality, I am almost 26 years old and am currently a medical scribe in the local Emergency Rooms. I basically create patient charts on all the patients that my assigned doctor sees that day. I am a college graduate with a degree in Exercise Science, and have been accepted to Medical School to become a doctor, which starts in July. In other news, I will soon be commissioned as an Officer in the Air Force in return for them funding my entire medical education costs.

When it comes to writing, I specialize in creation - world building, but especially character development. Thus, I love the role-playing aspect of Althanas, quests and battles alike. I have spent time with other avenues of writing, such as poetry and other prose as well. I am always up for feedback, as well as giving feedback/helping edit works in progress. Please let me know if you want to write together or anything else. I am hoping to spend a bit more of my time with things that are constructive, such as creative writing.

I think that is about it!

DFTBA
    -Level 4-

The path of redemption requires both light and shadow.

Ice Ice Baby
    EXP: 14,056, Level: 5
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next level: 5,944
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,944
    GP

Name
    Rehtul "Frost" Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    White with blue tips
    Eye Color
    White-blue
    Build
    5'11"/196 lbs

My name's Bobby, I primarily use two characters, though I have other accounts floating around. Rehtul Orlouge and MetalDrago are my babies. Drago's my oldest by far, and the one I'm best known for utilizing. I specialize in combat writing of pretty much every type, and love fighting in the Citadel. I also enjoy questing, though that takes a little longer.

I am 26 years old, work at a Dollar General, and generally try to enjoy life as much as I can in any way I can. I dream of becoming an author, but the book ideas I've had are unfinished and the first parts of series. I know how hard it is to break into authoring novels with a series of any kind, so I'm still fishing around my brain for a standalone title.

That should be it.

Daonnan Caillte
    EXP: 79,284, Level: 12
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next level: 10,716
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next level: 10,716
    GP

Name
    Karuka O'Sheean
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    Hi!

My name is Michelle and I'm an employee in the PA Department of Health. My job mostly revolves around doing work that is both out of my job description and pay grade, but what are you going to do? When work is busy, it's super busy, and when it's not busy, I can crank out a few posts.

I'm one of those oscillating members. I joined on January 15th, 2007 (so, just about exactly 8 years ago), while procrastinating on my assigned school work, was a fixture until about the end of 2009, and left for a long time by summer of 2010. I came back in the summer of 2014, shortly after a big effort to contact oldbies reached me. Fun fact, there's an "Other" inbox in your FB messages, and it might be worth checking every now and again. I found it on accident three months after Lye contacted me.

Hmm. What else? I like to write, and I prefer to do so with other people, but some find me difficult to write with. I'm one of those "feedback" types, and I give it the way I like to receive it. If you spot something off in one of my posts (my accounts are this one, Taische, The Mongrel, and Alydia Ettermire), please shoot me a message to point it out. I will be flattered that someone is reading my work and cares enough to offer commentary on it.

Uh... I have a parakeet who screams loudly enough to damage my sanity, and a pony-sized dog who fills my life and my closet with fur.

I guess if there's anything else you want to know, just ask?
    The Karu knows.

EXP: 8,120, Level: 3
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 880
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 880
    GP

Name
    Gum
    Race
    Dheathain Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11'' / 165lbs
    Job
    Xangu Shaman

View Profile
    i've tried to join althanas like once or twice back in the early and then mid 2000s. it never really worked out. i came from live chat based rp in ayenee (yahoo chat) and we would write it out then and there. it wasn't that bad quality wise if you were playing with the right people but it was fast paced. which made it super exciting for me. i could never get into althanas. then i came back again, this time as k-zu-ziro and put a lot of thought into it, but that character ended up kinda convoluted and difficult for me to enjoy. i had a hard time using kzz to interact with other players. i've not given up on kzz, but i've moved on to this one for now. gum. i'm hoping that while its a much less original character, it's a much more pragmatic character. hoping to interact more with this one.

i got into althanas though because i knew tony/dirks from ayenee.

about me irl. well i'm from the liverpool area of england originally. i bummed around a while, uni, jobs and whatever. and then moved to cork, ireland for a job offer. that was 08. i stayed there until 2012. then went back to england for a while. then in 2014 moved to america proper--i'd been visiting my pro as fuck gf a lot--and then we got married. we have a totes cool lil bb she's my best bro. we live in nc, 100000% better than england lol. my area of it anyway. england down south is nicer (sorry shin and gnr but up north its grim innit. be honest now.). i do miss ireland, but america's my favourite place to live so far. atm i'm a househusband, it's legit harder than any of the other jobs i've had no joke.

hobbies!
    • into fishkeeping ;D
    • gardening
    • i like taking pictures of spooky dilapidated rural shit (pretty unoriginal for my generation i know)
    • trains and model trains, although that hobby is dormant atm
    • i'm an evertonian, and now that i'm away from home for keeps i really wish i'd gone to see more games at goodison

edit: i'm thirty-fucken-two rip me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast