GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Y'know what? This is probably the most me thread to ever be posted on Althanas, but I cannot for the life of me think of anything I can really add to it.

I think it's because I'm scarily good at suddenly not caring about people or things that bother upset me and moving on with my life.

Really, the only thing I can really think of for this thread is that I don't agree with the shift in radio to focusing more on your social media presence than your on-air content.

EDIT: Not five minutes after I post this, my boss sends all the on-air staff in the cluster an article that can be summed up as "say less on the air, say more online".
    Last edited by BlackAndBlueEyes; 04-29-16 at 07:56 AM.
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Came looking for this thread especially today.

One of my collegues has developed a real bad attitude as of late. Gone from being professional and calm to blunt and quite offensive, the kind of guy who makes a few mistakes but is quite happy to lecture other people on theirs before learning from his own.

He who casts the first stone and all that.

Got to today and he got real shitty with me for such a small thing. Whatever the real life equivalent of a deathmatch with William Arcus is, that's what i'm thinking for this guy right now.

To put it mildly.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Blind Lore Mod in Trainin
    EXP: 4,050, Level: 2
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 950
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 950
    GP

Name
    ----
    Race
    whatever the situation requires
    Hair Color
    ---
    Eye Color
    ---

How people confuse blindness for a mental disability, I’ll never know.

So, I was talking to a client on the phone, and made some comment about having to assign his project to someone else to add the figures he wanted. The moment he learned I couldn’t do them because of a visual disability he started talking really slow.

Other people have done this, so while it’s not new; it’s one of things where you want to really just say what the hell over.
    INEED to see your vision, and the layers you apply sometimes make that difficult" (By Storm).
    Lore Q&A
    Screen-reader user, welcome, PM me with questions on how the site works with your software

EXP: 17,010, Level: 5
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,990
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,990
    GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" 180 lbs.
    Job
    Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Bard View Post
    How people confuse blindness for a mental disability, I’ll never know.

So, I was talking to a client on the phone, and made some comment about having to assign his project to someone else to add the figures he wanted. The moment he learned I couldn’t do them because of a visual disability he started talking really slow.

Other people have done this, so while it’s not new; it’s one of things where you want to really just say what the hell over.
    This sounds infuriating. Just keep in mind that they, not you, are the idiots.

Hand of Virtue
    EXP: 87,799, Level: 12
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,201
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,201
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

I'm just frustrated with my professional life. I'm in an industry that means nothing to me and feels dirty/gross (private equity/finance) and have been spending a lot of time reflecting on how to make that change. I make an ok amount but should make more given my contribution, but also don't see a huge benefit in changing firms only to expect to work more because this industry, especially in NYC, is known to work you to the bone and I'd rather not have that. Current prospect moved away from editor and leaning toward learning to program/code and potentially do something with that, maybe even support my love of video games somehow by working for companies that make games or support games, such as those who work on the engines that are used to make games. Who knows, maybe I'll even manage to make a game myself some day with a friend or two and get huge via an indie title. Would be cool.

Aside from that, living in the US, I'm still immensely pissed at the political landscape. Taboo as it may be, I still think Bernie got screwed and should have won this election. That Hillary and her brigade gamed everything. That Trump is a decoy and will step aside or at the very least continue to spiral down to make her look better before election day. It's like one massive manipulation and it's really aggravating that this country, despite all its potential, continues to make such disgusting and poor choices when so many other places in the world have evidenced alternatives that are effective and constructive. How we still have subsidies to the oil/gas industry for example boggles my mind. How massive financial crimes that are economically destructive are brushed off and white rapists get a few months in prison while drug possession by non-white people results in years of incarceration and forced plea bargains. Everything feels so gross about where we are as a country right now politically. Even the supreme court justice crap, the degree of racism and bigotry on the right, and the forced choice on the left.
    2011 Althy Winner - Most Realistic Character
    2016 Althy Winner - Best Contributor & Player of the Year (tie)

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page
    Current Character Profile

Solo Quests:
    Hidden Beneath The Canopy (75)
    Lost Loot of Lornius (74)

Daonnan Caillte
    EXP: 79,284, Level: 12
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next level: 10,716
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next level: 10,716
    GP

Name
    Karuka O'Sheean
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    White out tape is a jerk.
    The Karu knows.

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    "We're a professional advertising agency who represents the car dealership that is one of your biggest clients. We have our own state-of-the-art audio and visual production studios. Here's a batch of commercials that we recorded and mixed on our iPhones, voiced by people we just grabbed off the street. The volume set at -20 dB and 32,000 Hz in mono is fine, right?"
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    Sometimes, you wake up from a dream full of faces you thought lost to time. People long dead or from chapters of your life long buried. It stirs memories like a spirit haunting a house (or more appropriately haunting a body). You ask yourself what happened? The you from then never aspired to the you sitting up in a sweat soaked bed. The decisions you've made, good and bad, lead to a path you never wanted. Now, these memories/spirits are not all demons. Some are sweet, warm and create a sense of longing. An aching desire to return to simpler thoughts, and comical worries which at the time were "life or death". Childhood is fleeting and wasted on the young - the stupid, naive, blissful young.

It feels like a gouge carved out of my contentment with life. The world was far crueler than my parents painted and they were certainly not tactful. They say you should be grateful for what you have... It's only a method of coping for dreams/aspirations that will never see the light of day. Humanity is not great, it is not compassionate, and it is not forgiving. Much like parasites or bacteria, we serve a purpose that can be spun into a positive web of gold, but the web is a web - a trap. The ugly truth that those fancy dreams and "be anything" were only designed for those born into fortune, fame, and luck. For the rest of us, we bear our shackles and weights while we wade through the sea of mindless, affection-less lemmings of the majority. We see the trash they've littered carelessly in the streets and gutters. We witness their selfishness and rage on the road, at work, and everywhere we go. And for those who grew up with the best intentions and most basic of morals are left to be their welcome mats - stepped on, used, and taken for granted.

Sometimes you wake up from a dream and feel the pangs of sorrow when your inner child is stricken with the ruthless branding iron of reality...

It's been a tough morning.
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    I want to put my manager in an illuminous balacava on top of a stepladder in Aleppo.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    I'm flying to Germany for a job interview next week. The company wants to open a business unit in the US and find someone to run it. I fly into Frankfurt, but the interview is in Dusseldorf. I have to find a way to get from A to B. I don't speak a freaking lick of German, and my only non-english language experience is around Spanish, which doesn't help me an iota.

Uber is a German word; do they use it over there? What's the tab for a cross-country trip?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast