Blue
    Eye Color
    Yellow
    Build
    157cm 60kg
    Job
    Soul Seamstress

View Profile
    FEnn Rayleigh is right, that is absolutely abuse, and I feel a form of emotional manipulation. Your mum may not realise she is doing it, which makes things compicated, especialyl if you are like me and avoid confrontation; but if she is aware of what she is doing; that is not on and I'd agree, I'd attempt to distance myself just a little bit come college.

IF you can somehow, someway get into a travel abroad program and come here, I'd totally board you for free, and on days I am nto working help you get to and from college and and all the things.
    (01:03:51) FennWenn: "Mew I am cat gib me souls so I can make Fenn a blanket"

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayleigh View Post
    Oh Fenn. This is heartbreaking to read. As a teacher, I absolutely see this as a form of abuse. I have seen how this can affect young people, so never doubt your own feelings regarding it. I only wish I had words of wisdom for you. I know this is drastic, but have you considered to what extent you'll be able to distance yourself come college? It is more difficult when your mom has a hand in paying for your classes. But if you were to get a job, apply for scholarships, do what you can to be financially independent, that would be easier. And believe me, when you're in college, surrounded by new friends you make, it will be easier.

<3
    This, 100%.

I'm not saying leave home, but I know my fractious relationship with my dad and stepmum improved three million percent after I got my own space and independance.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    *patpats the Wenn*

I'm really sorry to hear that Fenn - hope you wake up today feeling somewhat better. To be honest this reminds me a bit of the relationship I had with my mom at your age. I used to feel the exact same way about pictures, and like I wasn't a person so much as a pawn. There was one occasion where she made me drive four hours (despite the fact I hadn't slept in the past 48) to her sister's second wedding, all because she wanted to ride in her then-boyfriend's car.

I think a lot of people grow up feeling like their parents are in some way perfect; they're our main models for what an adult should be, after all. Like you, I grew up in a middle class family, and felt like I "couldn't be abused" even though my parents did hit me. I never suffered any prolonged beatings or serious injuries as a result, so I chalked that up as "normal" and figured it was just part of being a kid.

You're coming into the age now where you'll start to notice your parents' mistakes more and more. You'll question behaviors that previously seemed normal and appropriate, you may challenge things that you've always accepted in the past, and you'll almost certainly feel some anger for the emotional abuse you've suffered. These feelings are normal and natural, and you should give them all the time and respect they require, but no more than that. Try to let them go once you've identified and made peace with them. If you hold onto them, you may never get the closure you want, because parents can be pretty horrible at admitting their faults.

Just like your mom can't tell the difference between you making a mistake and you being disobedient, it's entirely possible that you can't tell the difference between her making a mistake and being intentionally cold/cruel. It sounds like she's stuck in some (admittedly questionable) parenting habits that may have been effective when you were younger, but will need to be adjusted now that you're growing up, if she wants to have a good adult relationship with you. And I'm sure she does, even if it doesn't feel like it.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, this stage in your life is probably going to continue to present conflict, but it won't last forever. At some point (I hope) your mom will realize that there's nothing to be gained through trying to control every little aspect of your life. At some point, she'll accept you for the beautiful and talented young adult you are. At some point, she'll be happy just to get a call from you, or a short visit, or a picture. And when you get to that point, it's a lot better to be open and accepting than it is to be bitter or angry. [/waxing philosophical]

I really hope everything works out for you to go off to college, and that that space and freedom brings you all the happiness you deserve. For now, I hope you have an enjoyable day with your family. We the people of Althanas are here for you.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

Cinnamon Smol
    EXP: 11,110, Level: 4
    Level completed: 43%, EXP required for next level: 2,890
    Level completed: 43%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,890
    GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey.
    Race
    Fae.
    Hair Color
    Light blonde.
    Eye Color
    A bright, pupil-less green.
    Build
    4'1" / 52 lb
    Job
    Picker of Pockets.

View Profile
    Aww, thanks guys. Doing a bit better today; having guests over tends to make Mom more composed.

I don't think she knows what she's doing, or means to hurt me. But yeah, I think some space at least for a bit would be a good idea, since I don't think trying to talk to her about it would go over well. Completely cutting myself off won't work for a good long while, since I'm still financially dependent at the moment. I guess all there is to do at the moment is wait it all out until I get to that point. Still kind of tired.

If I do find any Australian travel programs, I'll take you up on that Mari. <3
    "I’m funny, so they let me live." - Skippy's List

The Wiki Matriarch. Always free to roleplay! I also play all these guys, so take a look at them too!

CUE THEMESONGS!

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

The assured solition is to come to college in Texas. Texas is one of the best states in terms of growing economies and excellent schools for a myriad of degrees.

You get hella distance, a lower cost of living than most northern states, good food AND Red and I are both in this general area.

Just sayin.
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    Don't listen to Fred. Michigan is lovely, and I have a guest room with your name all over it.
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.

EXP: 726, Level: 1
    Level completed: 37%, EXP required for next level: 1,274
    Level completed: 37%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,274
    GP

Name
    Venex Geneva Apara
    Race
    Half-Elf
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Crystal Blue
    Build
    5'7" 168 lbs
    Job
    Adventurer Prankster

You guys keep misspelling Wisconsin.
    ~Sometimes, a laugh is all that is needed~

Three smoke bombs bought here

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by venex apara View Post
    you guys keep misspelling upstate new york.
    ftfy
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

Cinnamon Smol
    EXP: 11,110, Level: 4
    Level completed: 43%, EXP required for next level: 2,890
    Level completed: 43%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,890
    GP

Name
    Fennik Glenwey.
    Race
    Fae.
    Hair Color
    Light blonde.
    Eye Color
    A bright, pupil-less green.
    Build
    4'1" / 52 lb
    Job
    Picker of Pockets.

View Profile
    Aww, you guys are the best. Don't think I'd be allowed out of state for college, heh. I am going to need to take a road trip to visit erryone someday, ;P

*Hugs!*
    "I’m funny, so they let me live." - Skippy's List

The Wiki Matriarch. Always free to roleplay! I also play all these guys, so take a look at them too!

CUE THEMESONGS!

EXP: 726, Level: 1
    Level completed: 37%, EXP required for next level: 1,274
    Level completed: 37%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,274
    GP

Name
    Venex Geneva Apara
    Race
    Half-Elf
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Crystal Blue
    Build
    5'7" 168 lbs
    Job
    Adventurer Prankster

That's going to be a long ass road trip.
    ~Sometimes, a laugh is all that is needed~

Three smoke bombs bought here

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast