Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Staying Connected

Artemis walked into the trinket shop and browsed politely, though knowing before even entering precisely what he was looking for. Normally he'd ask Daros to simply concoct something for him, but the man seemed busy of late. If anything he'd pick something up now and if it didn't work as he'd hoped, he'd pass it along for tweaking later.

The little shop was small but fascinating. Everything looked so elegantly crafted and intricate. Small notes beneath each little item explained their function for the shoppers. Artemis reached forward, intrigued by a particular piece, only to feel a small jolt of shock strike his fingers. "Ow!" he said out of surprise.

"Can't just go around picking up trinkets!" the shopkeep added as he watched the amusing spectacle. "Trinkets are often small and easy to pocket, and I'd be daft not to put in some protection!"

Artemis nodded at the man, turning to the counter and approaching. "I'm looking for a means to stay connected to a handful of key individuals. I've heard of something along the lines of sending stones that let you communicate as long as you're on the same plane. I'd like something similar, but to be able to attune it to up to ten people I suppose. I'd also like it in the form of an earring that is activated by a codephrase that I speak to use it. I imagine I'll need one for the individuals who I'm attuning to as well so that they can respond, but if I can simply open a channel to them without them needing their own trinkets that'd be great too." Artemis eyed the man, hoping his request was even possible.

As Artemis paused, he found himself reflecting on his own request. Maybe he could up the anty. "Actually, maybe it could do even more. Perhaps even allow me to send them what I see in real time as well as long as they allow me to. Maybe I'm being too idealistic. Do you have either of those, and if so, what sort of cost am I looking at?"

(I'm imagining this almost like a cell phone with only speed dials. I have to have already attuned it to the person to use it with their consent and there limited slots. This is primarily to be able to speak with my NPC's that support my character. Like a secret service ear piece with the range of the planet. They would also allow me to send images/video in real time).
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 05-24-16 at 12:30 PM.
    2011 Althy Winner - Most Realistic Character
    2016 Althy Winner - Best Contributor & Player of the Year (tie)

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page
    Current Character Profile

Solo Quests:
    Hidden Beneath The Canopy (75)
    Lost Loot of Lornius (74)

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    Using this thread as a reference, the cost is 520 gold.
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Hand of Virtue
    EXP: 87,799, Level: 12
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,201
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,201
    GP

Name
    Artemis Eburi
    Race
    Human (+ Dovicarus)
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

The shopkeep eyed Artemis, though it could have equally been rooted in sizing up the young warrior's pockets as it could have been a judgmental look of insanity. "I tell ya what, I have a trinket like what you want, but it's tough to come by and comes with a few caveats. If you're still interested, it's likely to be around six-hundred gold pieces, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less."

Artemis sighed, knowing the bartering game well enough. After all, his day to day work involved working at a blacksmith and selling his wares. Many came in hoping to get special treatment. Then again, Artemis wasn't particularly greedy, so often times he gave people the deal they wanted as long as it seemed reasonable. "Ok, list out the caveats and we can go from there."

The shopkeep gave a mild grin, running a hand through his beard. He walked over to a particular obsidian stone. "I can shape this into an earring for you, whether you want a loop or a stud it doesn't matter. The caveat of this little trinket is that in order to add an individual to your list of contacts, you have to be in physical contact with them and they have to speak the command words. I won't say them now but we can set them later once the deal is final. Your contacts won't need to carry anything on them, so that'll be a small perk for you. And I haven't considered adding an ability to share what you see, but I expect it's a feature I can add."

Artemis stared down at the small black rock, its smooth edges shimmering in the light. "Make it a loop. I'll pass it around the top of my ear and that'll be that. Ten contacts. Visual and auditory communication. Two way - meaning they can speak and share what they see if I've already initiated a link. The attunement process is fine with me too. But given that I'll have to travel a bit to get it all going, how about we knock it down to four-fifty? I think you can swing that, right?"

Artemis turned, ready to make his deal. If the price ended up a bit higher than his offer, he was okay with that too. The utility of the item was too useful for a man like himself who was too often all over the world.
    2011 Althy Winner - Most Realistic Character
    2016 Althy Winner - Best Contributor & Player of the Year (tie)

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page
    Current Character Profile

Solo Quests:
    Hidden Beneath The Canopy (75)
    Lost Loot of Lornius (74)

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    500 even. Deal done. Closed.
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous