Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11'' / 165lbs
    Job
    Xangu Shaman

View Profile
    well that's a shame because most of the time updates get done in a day or two but mine took a week
    【LƎVƎL.3】
    👻🐆💀

xangunationalist
    fordsteinoperative

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    well that's a shame because most of the time updates get done in a day or two but mine took a week
    Sadly it was a bit busier than usual and we were down an RoG staff member due to real life workload. Just one of those things unfortunately mate. Apologies for the wait.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    I'm sorry buddy. There were a lot of pre-tournament updates and we did our best to get to them. You're a good writer though. Regardless of whether you have your level 2 or level 3 abilities in the tournament, you're still going to do well.

Dirks GP amount: 2949

EXP: 8,120, Level: 3
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 880
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 880
    GP

Name
    Gum
    Race
    Dheathain Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11'' / 165lbs
    Job
    Xangu Shaman

View Profile
    when an update gets posted is under the control of the person whose profile it is. while, when the profile is responded to is not under that individual's control (ofc i appreciate that chances of in time approval are improved the sooner you post). why punish people based on something they can't completely control? there's no official cut off date to before which to post to guarantee a response in time. so surely if the rule is anything, it should be that updates are posted before the start of the tournament.
    【LƎVƎL.3】
    👻🐆💀

xangunationalist
    fordsteinoperative

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    when an update gets posted is under the control of the person whose profile it is. while, when the profile is responded to is not under that individual's control (ofc i appreciate that chances of in time approval are improved the sooner you post). why punish people based on something they can't completely control? there's no official cut off date to before which to post to guarantee a response in time. so surely if the rule is anything, it should be that updates are posted before the start of the tournament.
    I had to wait a month for my update on occasions, so a week isn't so bad. It is not always particularly easy to turn around an update quickly owing to staff absences and due to the sometimes complex nature of how we deal with various abilities. Yours, for example, contains a rather niche ability that needed some thought put into it to approve.

You'll notice for that reason fresh profiles tend to get turned around a lot quicker, because we don't have to check the entire last level for changes. That is just one example of why it is quicker for newbies than for updates.

In my case, I was working six days a week in January due to my job. One week I worked seven. Some of those days were 7am til 8pm. I didn't even get a chance to see my kid some nights. I was the only other person apart from Hysteria working RoG because Cards also had work related issues.

Sometimes bro, things happen. I'm very sorry for your wait.

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    With all due respect, gum, my records show that you actually achieved level 3 on 12/30/16, meaning you had 26 days to post an update thread before the tournament announcement was made and failed to do so. The level lock rule was created specifically because in prior tournaments we continued level updates beyond the tournament start date and it left judges in very precarious situations. Some players used certain abilities before they were approved. Those abilities were later nerfed, leading to forced edits of prior posts and in one case, loss of points due to power gaming following a refusal to edit. As judge, I don't want to deal with these things. I'm sure your teammates wouldn't want to deal with it either. While I do empathize with you and Dissinger, let me remind you that this is a story tournament. You could theoretically never even use a power and still win. I understand that you're frustrated and doubt you would powergame, but the issue here is consistency. We intentionally provide no timeframe for update approvals because some are ridiculously complex. Tournament start dates were firmly set and we announced we would get to as many profiles as possible. However, we did not promise that everyone would be approved in time. I'm sorry, but I will not allow an exception, regardless of when you posted the update.

Dirks GP amount: 2949

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

On another note here Gum. The tourney had been announced well in advance, and the rules had been announced and have been accessible for a long time. The level lock rule has been in every tourney that's run on this site since my return two or three years ago. You waited to post your profile until literally the day before the tourney started essentially. While I feel for you, note that a lot of us are in the same boat. I'm level 10 and I'm still rocking off of my level 8 profile because I couldn't get mine up in a reasonable time so I simply didn't post it.
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

EXP: 12,177, Level: 4
    Level completed: 64%, EXP required for next level: 1,823
    Level completed: 64%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,823
    GP

Name
    Alyssa Dianne Snow
    Race
    Homunculus
    Hair Color
    Platinum Blonde
    Eye Color
    Pale Blue-Green
    Build
    5'6"/125lbs
    Job
    Empress of the Tarot Hierarchy

View Profile
    The issue has been stated and defended. Let's let sleeping dogs lie and get back to a great quest tourney.

EXP: 8,120, Level: 3
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 880
    EXP required for next level: 880
    GP

Name
    Gum
    Race
    Dheathain Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11'' / 165lbs
    Job
    Xangu Shaman

View Profile
    fellas, does it take three admins to pile in and chastise me? y'all red names making me nervous!

and chris man, please don't misunderstand me. i'm not attacking rog mods. no man, not at all. i can accept people thinking i'm an asshole for picking at tony's rules way after the fact. but i don't want people thinking that i'm attacking mod work rate. :< you guys think i'm such an asshole that i'd do that? :< you guys work really hard just to keep our community running. without you guys althanas wouldn't fucking exist. i recognise that.

With all due respect, gum, my records show that you actually achieved level 3 on 12/30/16
    tony, dude, i just said myself in my last post that i procrastinated. you got me lol. i'm just asking a reasonable question and offering some pretty benign counterpoints. it doesn't mean i'm trying to be rude to you or anything man. i'm just defending my corner, but i can understand and respect your justification.

i have one last request/compromise suggestion! the ac has rounds, and is a pve tournament--why not just allow updates between the rounds? it wouldn't be a big deal at all, it's all just story and no pvp combat. where's the harm, bud?
    Last edited by Gum; 02-07-17 at 11:32 PM.
    【LƎVƎL.3】
    👻🐆💀

xangunationalist
    fordsteinoperative

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    When does round 1 end, I see no formal declaration anywhere?
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast