Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3, 220lbs
    Job
    Murder-Hobo

View Profile
    Well, the first quad is complete. Some teams are posting quicker than others, but all of them seem on pace to finish a decent-sized thread before the round is over. I finally read through the other team's threads to get an idea for how everyone was going to approach the prompt. For those curious, I took the liberty of giving rough summaries of where everyone's at. I placed this in a spoiler tag for those who don't want to know until the round is over.

I have more general thoughts below.

Spoiler:

Team A has infiltrated the crew of a ship that had been raiding Shin's organization, and managed to take it over in the Salvic sea, but mechanical issues have forced them to rely on Cain's experience to make it to Etheria in a timely fashion.

Team B has sent the refugees north for safety while half of the team stayed to hold off the musket-weilding cat-people, known affectionately as 'muskitties,' who made land from the ships; they were outnumbered and force to retreat. The other half of the team has discovered that the refugees have a destination in mind, and are on their way north, with plans to pick up a linguist along the way.

Team C was gathered together via letter by Phi, and after assembling they have made shore on Corone at night to the sight of smoke, seeking to save the refugees from their oppressors.

Team D has had half of their members meet with an influential senator in Corone who has some wicked plan to deal with this problem, and the other half of the team has arrived at the refugee camp.

All interesting threads so far, at least; I'm especially curious about D.

Good thing this isn't a race, eh?

I have to say things were pretty hectic at first, but it seems like that's calmed down now. Since we all have a moment to breathe, I am curious what you guys think of the different types of challenges you've had to face so far? It's never easy to work around four different schedules. I think organization has been the most difficult, but it is rewarding to see it pay off. It's also been interesting to see the different approaches my team-mates had as we fleshed out our ideas. All in all, pretty sweet so far, despite the stressful start.
    Sings we a dances of wolves, who smells fear and slays the coward,
    Sings we a dances of mans, who smells gold and slays his brother.

Ebivoulya (Level 3)

Steppe It Up (feat. Storm)
    Who You Gonna Call? (feat. Elthas)
    Low Stretches The Hand (feat. Gum)

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Good work Ebi.

People may look at our posts and wonder where it is all going, but there is an endgame. With two and a bit weeks left to go we're confident we can get ours finished and looking fine.

The challenges we have had to overcome at our end were mainly logisitical and unforseen. We had a slow start when we lost Shelby for a couple of days due to a personal issue that couldn't be helped, so we had to find a way of pacing the thread until she got back. I think we are on track though.

I've enjoyed the other teams' work so far. Whoever wins, it'll be an entertaining first round.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Be the Hero you can be.
    EXP: 90,981, Level: 13
    Level completed: 8%, EXP required for next level: 13,019
    Level completed: 8%,
    EXP required for next level: 13,019
    GP

Name
    Nanashi (Ingwe Helyanwe)
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black-Brown
    Eye Color
    Black-Brown
    Build
    178cm / 70kg
    Job
    Shusai, Kensai, Monjutsushi

View Profile
    Thanks for the summary, Ebi, that's very useful.

Spoiler:
    The pacing of team A had caught my eye - will they be able to cover everything in Dirks's prompt and bring their thread to a conclusive resolution?

I like how team B has split in two to deal with the different problems. Will they be able to interweave the two tales effectively?

Team C have started cohesively, but can they address the urgency of the situation?

Team D have split up as well, and have adopted a top-down approach with their approach to the Senator. As Ebi said, I'm really interested to see how they go from here.

It feels good to sit back and observe from the sidelines for a change - I can afford to learn a little about the diverse approaches to such a collaborative, competitive prompt, and the pitfalls inherent to them! Dirks has also been quite creative with the variety of issues the groups have to face this time, and it's going to be interesting to see how they each approach them... that rune, in particular.

Best of luck to all participants (and here's to a jolly good show ^^)!
    -Level 10-

You made me laugh, you make me smile
    For you I will always go the extra mile
    I hope that the day will come when I can banish this pain
    I just hope that one day I will see you again

EXP: 16,803, Level: 5
    Level completed: 47%, EXP required for next level: 3,197
    Level completed: 47%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,197
    GP

Name
    Nyadir D'Var
    Race
    Half-Elf
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3, 220lbs
    Job
    Murder-Hobo

View Profile
    Well, now that everyone has finished the third quad, I thought it would be a good time to see how far we've come since the last time. I left the summaries in a spoiler tag again, just in case. To inform those who might reply, the new posts side-bar shows text even if it's inside a spoiler tag, so give it a small paragraph to pass the character limit before including any spoilery bits.

Spoiler:

To keep things fair, I only read up to the twelfth post of each group.

First paragraph for reference, second for more recent developments.

Team A has infiltrated the crew of a ship that had been raiding Shin's organization, and managed to take it over in the Salvic sea, but mechanical issues have forced them to rely on Cain's experience to make it to Etheria in a timely fashion.

A group of lizard folk occupy the three ships, and Cain observes their skin changing color from a distance. He figures the colors represent their emotions. These lizard folk approach the ship Shin and the rest are on, and seem like they need help. Meanwhile, Ray arrives at the refugee camp to examine some artifacts the cat-people brought, and sees flashes of a past battle between the cat people and the lizard folk.

Team B has sent the refugees north for safety while half of the team stayed to hold off the musket-weilding cat-people, known affectionately as 'muskitties,' who made land from the ships; they were outnumbered and force to retreat. The other half of the team has discovered that the refugees have a destination in mind, and are on their way north, with plans to pick up a linguist along the way.

After acquiring the linguist, Nyadir leaves the group to travel south to relay information learned back to the front line, only to come across Storm and Phyr retreating with the rangers from the shore. Despite the uncomfortable history between Storm and Nyadir they share information, and hurry to meet back up with Leo and the refugees. It is there that the linguist reveals more about what the cat-people seek. After camping for the night, the group continues north, but with a missing cat-person and some blood on Nyadir's boot; suspicions begin to rise. Meanwhile, the Muskitties on the southern shore establish a beach-head and marshall their forces.

Team C was gathered together via letter by Phi, and after assembling they have made shore on Corone at night to the sight of smoke, seeking to save the refugees from their oppressors.

Gideon stays back to make a camp while the rest get used to a telepathic link established by Vincent. He also offers to use his Podeslayer credentials to get into the camp, wherein Phi agitates a group of merchants in a ploy to have their map memorized. With that done, Vincent negotiates with a lord he knows from before to gain access to the cat people in the hopes of translating them. At the group's small camp, Gideon notices the ship that brought them leaving, and spots the three ships on the horizon.

Team D has had half of their members meet with an influential senator in Corone who has some wicked plan to deal with this problem, and the other half of the team has arrived at the refugee camp.

Red and Gum travel south after meeting with Fordstein, and at the camp Taka attempts to communicate with the cat-people. The two groups meet when Red arrives at the refugee camp in threatening fashion. Anubis and Taka have been hired to protect Red and Gum in their task, and Taka figures out the cat-folk are from Akashima. The ships off-shore fire a warning shot. Not long after, more, bigger cat-folk make land and climb up to the camp, and after one soldier steps out of line fighting breaks out.

I was concerned about A's pacing, but they picked it up nicely, and the lizard-folk angle is interesting.

It seems like C are a bit behind in terms of story pacing, but they still have potential if they hustle.

Group D are just getting into the juicy parts, so that's exciting. So far I think they're on track to have the darkest thread, so with the action to go with it, I think it should be pretty entertaining.

As for more general thoughts, I think our team has been pretty lucky with our schedules this round, which has let us get a fair bit done. I know some of you have been struggling to keep everyone together and on-track. That was always the biggest obstacle of this round. Still, I hope all of you have gotten at least some enjoyment out of this thing. There's still about a week left, so good luck to everyone in wrapping up their stories; I look forward to reading them when they're finished.
    Sings we a dances of wolves, who smells fear and slays the coward,
    Sings we a dances of mans, who smells gold and slays his brother.

Ebivoulya (Level 3)

Steppe It Up (feat. Storm)
    Who You Gonna Call? (feat. Elthas)
    Low Stretches The Hand (feat. Gum)

Il'Jhain Runner
    EXP: 20,399, Level: 6
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 6,601
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,601
    GP

Name
    Mordelain Saythrou
    Race
    Tama
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'12"/155llbs
    Job
    il'Jhain

View Profile
    We've got a good six posts ahead in a google doc, we're not too keen showing off our secrets for your vultures just yet

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    I've enjoyed the process of collaberating with different people overall. Overcoming hurdles such as unforseen absences, time zone differences and being in a team of people all with their own creative nuances has been an interesting experience. Some of it has been enjoyable and other parts frustrating (creatively). All part of the game we play though! I think overall we have done what we can with the prompt we were given. We have a plan to finish off, so let's see how we go.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    Gambling is closed for round one, but that's no reason hold back your feelings of who might win. It's also an opportunity to start jumping the gun and stirring up a bit of conflict with the competition. On the other side of the coin, it is also a great chance to comment on a good story or certain scene.

Use this thread to chat it up while the transition from Round 1 to Round 2 begins.

Some questions to discuss:

Who wore it best? -- Who worked the prompt to their favor?

What scenes stood out to you in which threads?

What do you think/hope the next prompt will be?

Which writer do you think is the "golden goose"? Anyone looking good for first place this year?

What do you think of this year's AC compared to last year?

[EDIT] This thread has been moved to the AC sub-forum and pinned.
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

EXP: 38,655, Level: 8
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next level: 5,345
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,345
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    24 hours till threads close right? Or something close to that, lets do this!

EXP: 8,120, Level: 3
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 880
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 880
    GP

Name
    Gum
    Race
    Dheathain Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11'' / 165lbs
    Job
    Xangu Shaman

View Profile
    Wanted to post here and say thanks to my teammates--Diss, Fez, Mari! It's been dino might getting to know all of you better. Putting the thread together has been so much fun. You've been great partners ;D and I really appreciate you all. Thanks guys!
    【LƎVƎL.3】
    👻🐆💀

xangunationalist
    fordsteinoperative

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast