Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile

The Wine Cellar

Out of Character:
    This thread is for casual IC interaction between members of Imperial. If any non members would like to join, please contact me first via PM

"Whisky," I muttered, "whisky, whisky, whisky... where the hell is it?"

I moved along the row of head-height cupboards, opening each one to scan the contents before closing it and moving on. Everywhere I looked wine bottles filled the shelves. Fine elven wine, coarse human wine, bottles that looked older than the Dirks Estate itself. But I craved the hardier Dwarf Spirits, and whisky was my poison. Finally I finished checking the back cupboards, to no avail. Exasperated, I turned around to face the bar, leaning heavily on the countertop like an overworked bartender. I picked up a glistening glass mug and considered filling it from one of the two ale taps when I spotted something.

"Aha... of course, the dwarf spirits would be in the low cupboards..."

Crouching down I opened the doors beneath the bar and found what I sought. Between the two dull grey kegs which fed the ale taps stood row upon row of minted dwarf-made bottles, carrying the various fiery spirits brewed in the mines of Kachuk. I licked my lips, pulling an unopened gourdlike bottle with "Firewhiskey" scrawled across the label. I found a proper tumbler glass and filled it up halfway before re-corking the gourd and leaving it standing on the bar. Next I returned to a particular cupboard I had noticed earlier, and pulled out a small green lime. With the tip of my bayonet I sliced the fruit open and squeezed a few drops of lime juice into the glass. The drink completed, I walked out from behind the bar to choose a place to sit.

The Wine Cellar's furniture was all hardpolish darkwood, glinting majestically in the torchlight. I felt tempted to sit in the middle of the big, empty room, but my constant state of vigilance commanded me to a corner table with my back against the wall. I slumped down in a chair and put my feet up, sipping the drink. After a few gulps I placed the powerful beverage on the table mournfully.

"Something's missing... ice. When are they gonna' get electricity on Althanas? You can't make a whiskey and lime right without ice..."

I slipped into a quiet reverie, daydreaming about Earth and sipping the whiskey intermitently. The dwarven brand appealed to me, reminescent of the Seagram's Seven I always drank on Earth. My eyes began to glaze as my thoughts drifted back. From where I sat I could see through a set of open double doors to the manor library. Unlike the Wine Cellar, that strange basement room had many windows, and natural light poured in, reminding me of the time of day.

"Christ," I said, still speaking out loud, "How in the hell did I go from starting Imperial to drinking alone in the morning?" The question remained rhetorical, so I took another sip.

After awhile I began to consider getting up and finding something to read in the library. So I could tell myself I hadn't just spent the morning alone with an empty glass. "When I need a refill," I decided, "I'll go check out the books."
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    "Something to warm a cold morning is nothing to feel ashamed of." a voice spoke from a dark-lit corner. It had been occupied with what seemed like nothing more than a few stools, crammed together and put to the side for a time when there was more than just a few passing fools to fill the room. No movement came, even after the voice had spoken, except for a shimmering of the air.

Upon one of the stools farthest pushed into the corner, a woman sat, huddled against the wall with her knees drawn up to her chest. A pair of sleepy indigo eyes regarded Joshua carefully from over her knees, long black hair spilling around the frame of her face, unusually unbound today. She looked tired, her clothing abused. Mud caked the soles of her boots, the left knee of her denim trousers starting to fray. Still, she smiled, raising a small bottle that had been hidden in her lap, half drank, almost as clear as water but with a hint of gold.

Now that the illusion had been shed, revealing herself, when she lowered the bottle again to her lap, her other hand was placed on the hilt of a simple steel sword at her side. It was more for comfort than defense, and her thumb strummed across it almost as if it were a cherished pet. From the top of one boot, the handle of a dagger, steel as well, shone when she shifted her feet. She wasn't sure how long she'd been hidden there by magic, unwilling to move until she was alone again, but the few furtive drinks she'd managed to take were enough to help her realize that she didn't much care.

"That drink's the only kind thing you'll find around here."
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

Break knees, collect fees
    EXP: 94,624, Level: 13
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 9,376
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,376
    GP

Name
    Madison Freebird
    Race
    Human
    Job
    The Absolute Worst

View Profile
    Something was definitely wrong with me--I chose more to lurk in the Dirks Estate's massive basement library before checking out the wine cellar. But then again, I'm not a fan of drinks that were made with grapes that were crushed by the dirty, disease-ridden feet of peasants who don't know the difference between a bar of soap and a brick.

The library was massive. The walls towered over me, its shelves crammed with leather-bound reading material filled every shelf from floor to ceiling. There were sliding ladders on every wall, making the top-most books easy to reach. Comfortable leather chairs and couches were sat in the middle of the room, arranged in a circle around a table that had even more books piled haphazardly on top of it. If somebody wanted the copy of Encyclopedia of Reasons to Stay Out of the Red Forest, Volume 3, then they had better have a friend or two to dig them out of the resulting avalanche of books.

It wasn't long before I happened upon a book that I was in the middle of reading during my time in the Scara Brae library, called Veronica of the Future. It was a stupid title, yes, but the book was interesting. There were just enough spins on the loner, bad-ass girl saves the dystopian future from an evil computer (apparently machines will be able to think and act on their own in the future--such a funny concept) to keep me reading.

I flipped to Page 145 when I felt a small tug inside my heart; one telling me to go get something to drink. But I HATE wine, I argued with myself. Then, my brain took sides with my heart and forced my legs to carry me into the next room. The wine cellar was lit by a few torches, making it considerably darker than the library. Off in one corner sat Joshua and a dark-haired woman who looked like she had seen better days. I opted to leave them alone--Josh's general tough guy attitude was not something I felt like dealing with right now.

I set my book down on the bar as I began searching for something to drink. Browsing through the multitude of cupboards only brought disappointment. Wine. Wine. Firewhiskey--yuck. More wine. Ugh, when were they going to get some real drinks in here? Most of the bars in town aren't open yet, and I was seriously craving any vodka mix. Sorry, little nagging voice, you're going to have to wait until tonight. It seems like the Imperial doesn't like you much. Frustrated, I slammed the wooden door shut and picked up my book and headed back towards the library to finish Chapter 8 of my book, dropping myself on one of the comfortable couches therein.
    "Being evil never felt so good!" - Marie, Splatoon

these are the weapons of bedeviling times

EXP: 3,000, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 2,000
    EXP required for next level: 2,000
    GP

Name
    Sylvan
    Race
    ?
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6"0' / 170
    Job
    Wanderer

“Physics, Royal families, History of Fallien, Theoretical biology, I would figure that the Great, Affluent Imperial Library would not refrain itself from good titles, at least a theme I don’t know about already.”

Melancor had been awake for some time, this new place was quiet enough…. Maybe too quiet, there where some people who came in and went out while he had been searching for something worthwhile to read. He had already gone through leather-back, ancient, useless books that gave him the impression they had been added just to say “we have old books” But all of these, including those all-so clichéd books that included novels and fiction tales where not in his interest to read. He was looking for some history books, some battle themes that would help him understand this “new world” he was in.

“It’s going to be boring heading this place…”

There where some good matches but most of this info he already knew; he was disappointed… though, there where still an uncountable number of rows of books he was still to go through.

“There is no rush, there is nothing important to do at the moment,” He whispered to himself as he walked through the rows, sliding his hand over the golden-bordered backbones. Something caught the rim of his eye. The figure of a woman –at least the back of a woman-, which left the room below where he was standing.

“hmh,” he snorted, “wonder what is so interesting about that room?” All morning long the occasional pedestrian had gone in, and out that room, and he had grown curious.

Without looking he took a small book from the long bookcase under the history section, and placed it under his belt. He took his black cape on his arm and placed it vertically to his body. And he went down the spiral black-metal stairs that connected the second level to the first floor.

He made his way through the silent room, his steps echoing in with the marble floor, and then he opened the door of that peculiar room.

“… Another staircase”

He just had to walk a few steps to see a familiar face and other he was yet to meet.

Great, I get to mingle with humans… he looked at Joshua It shouldn’t be that bad I guess he shifted his attention to a woman sitting across where he was standing at the time Then again…

He stood there for a few more seconds, examining the individuals.
    “If you don’t mind” he smoke with an ironic tone; not waiting for an answer he went trough the cellars, bottles of, dark and light liquid, tagged “(insert random wine bran name here) Wine”. "It’s not ambrosia he muttered to himself", and took a bottle of a Merlot. After which he headed to the common area and opened the bottle with a ‘pop’. He seated in a big comfortable leather chair, placed the hood over his silver hair, and threw his shoulders back. Melancor rose the bottle in the air discretely, but not enough to be unnoticeable, and took a sip, I guess I am still a little tiered… He took another sip, after which he sighed and muttered again
    “...It’s not ambrosia”
    Last edited by Melancor; 12-08-07 at 04:12 PM.

The wicked arrogantly hunt down the weak.
    Let them be caught in the evil they plan for others.
    Lord, make them feel true terror,
    Let them remember that they are naught but men.

EXP: 1,000, Level: 1
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next level: 1,000
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,000
    GP

Name
    Lexxum Vordic
    Race
    Lizard Folk
    Hair Color
    N/A
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    8'0" 600lbs.
    Job
    Mercenary.

View Profile
    From Fallien to Raiaera and now to Corone. I was busy these days, especially after I made the decision to join an outfit calling itself the Imperials. Now normally, I didn't care about human politics but the promise of tactical warfare lured me to sign the contract and join the Imperial. The Dirks Estate was located someplace near Radasanth city, a large gathering place for many races of Althanas. There were even some fellow Saurians present. These were Suarians not necessarily native to Fallien of course, but Saurians none the less. We were all brothers and sisters. As I ventured across Radasanth, someone reluctantly gave me directions to the Dirks' Estate after I threatened to eat them of course.

My spirits were low after the recent happenings at Valinatal in Raiaera. After a time of wandering about crossing different streets and avenues, I found myself staring at the majestic Dirks Estate. It was a large white building apparently made of thick marbles. The structure rested against an almost surreal backdrop of mountains and large fields. I looked upon the Estate with caution in my heart, I didn't trust these two-legs. However, I was bound by honor now to fulfill my end of the contract I'd signed. So I looked upon the estate. Armed only with my wits and battle experience, I walked forward. Several guards approached me the moment I stepped food on the ground. Security's real tight. I thought to myself. They were as suspicious of my arrival as I was of the invitation I'd received to join the Imperial.

"State your business at the Estate." One of the men called out.

"I am Lexxum Vordic. I recently signed a contract to join this group the Imperials that's supposedly located here."

"Vordic? I heard of you. We weren't expecting any sort of Saurian to take interest in an outfit like ours. But we're glad you're along for the ride. You are welcome to join the Dirks Estate at anytime and use it for room and board understand? The facilities on the grounds are free for your usage." I heard the man say in a stately fashion.

I simply nodded to the man. I already donated the necessary gold to fund my career as a member of the Imperials so it was only a matter of one thing now; would they provide me with the wars that I so hungered for? I'd already gotten necessary tactical experience defending, or at least, attempting to defend Valinatal from the forces of Netha'Tu. One of Xem'Zund's dangerous commanders. The battle was glorious and I was able to sacrifice many enemy soldiers in the name of Lord Mitra. I walked across the Estate grounds on my hind legs. My tail swished back and forth impatiently for I wanted to meet with the leaders of this outfit. I wanted to find out if indeed there was something worthwhile planned with this outfit. If they were worth my time, I would devote my combat expertise to them. If not, there were other outfits who could use my skill and powers of warfare. I entered the building and saw several people gathered at the lobby. It was a grand gathering hall with a chandelier lighting the entire room. I looked up and noticed a mosaic painted upon the round structure of a roof. Some of the people acknowledged me with respect whilst others acknowledged me with disdain. These humans didn't trust Saurians much, it seemed. There was a royal blue carpet everywhere and I walked alongside it in order to begin my exploration of the Estate.
    "You're making me angry. You're not going to like me when I'm angry." --Berserker saying.
    The Red-Scaled One.
    Tap Reaver Upgrade

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    "Where the hell did all these people come from?"

My lonely morning drink had practically become a social affair.

"Not really, this room is at about six percent of its maximum capacity."

I noted the killer eye Madison Freebird gave me as she searched through the bottles. Madison was a very competitive girl who hadn't really forgiven me for defeating her at the Dajas Pagoda. Likewise, I hadn't really forgiven her for biting my groin while I tried to choke her out with a triangle. The memory of that proved enough to make me finish my drink in a single gulp.

I responded easily to Melancor's somewhat sarcastic statement. The strange man was an enigma to me, one which I wasn't particularly pressed to decipher. He had talents though, that was certain, and played a key roll in Imperial's chemistry.

The glass empty, I rose with a sigh and paced back to the bar. Repeated the same ritual as before: glass, whisky, lime, wish I had ice. As an afterthought I grabbed another bottle of the translucent-gold liquid the black haired illusionist enjoyed, and set it down in front of her before taking a seat diagonally across the table. I sipped my drink, savoring the bite of the whisky and the citrus flavor, then gave the illusionist a smile.

"Let's get to know our new friends then. I'm Imperial Breaker, but call me Josh."

I raised my glass as if to toast her, and then drank deeply.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    "Josh," she said as she lifted her own small bottle, bowing her head. She took a small drink before leaning back, regarding him. She'd never been an ally before, it seemed. Even when she'd had a home to go to, she'd always been the one to stand on the outside. It was difficult now not to look him over as if he were a potential threat that might jump over the table at her at any moment.

"Skiel dan Sabriel," she said softly, giving her full name. The accents on his Common was unfamiliar, though it wasn't surprising to her. The only enunciations she could pick out were Raiaeran and Concordian, the latter from all her years growing up under the verdant boughs of the great forest. It flecked her own speech as well, though in her travels it was becoming less and less noticeable.

"What brings one such as yourself so far from home?" she asked now, letting her gaze move past his shoulder and into the rest of the room for a moment.
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

EXP: 3,000, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 2,000
    EXP required for next level: 2,000
    GP

Name
    Sylvan
    Race
    ?
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6"0' / 170
    Job
    Wanderer

The akward silence had been broken by what seemed as the eve of a casual conversation between the breaker, and a mysterious woman, Skie dan Sabriel.

Melancor crossed his legs, as it was his fashion, and placed his cheek apot of his nuckles, his arm slackingly resting on that of the leather chair, and imposed upon his face his common sigh of boredom. It had been long since he had been able to socialize with someone who sympathized him. But as the situation required, he had no privilege of being picky. His compromise forced him to get along anyways.

Melancor we about taking another discrete sip of the Merlot. He was slow to realize that he had finally reached something, after the last years his routine consisted on meandering through the regions non-stop, and admiring the human nature. Moments to enjoy from some alcohol, and from a comfortable chair, where scarce.

Could he really come about trusting these people though? He had no personal opinion for the Imperial Breaker, Josh. At mere sight he did not exceed the common profile Melancor had imposed upon all humans. He was sure that there was more to him though, he was the breaker after all.

As he expected the conversation to continue he set a stance of listening. When the sailors where loud enough to make Melancor appreciate their will for living, he would carry them hostage. They would sometimes tell him stories about their mundane adventures, tell him about the creatures of the land, and sometimes trow in some of their pathetic drama of what used to be their life. He never tolerated that they would find him of a lower caliber than Am'aleh, maybe why he enjoyed having those un-pious people as his pet. Those where pleasures of his youth, they never did lasted more than sixty years alive. Listening had became a costume in his solitary life.

Melancor's eyes had no life behind them, as they preceded over the rugged floor. the slight gesture of a rising eyebrow defiled his stance and he listened for the curios question to be answered. What could he say in his defense, Melancor was curious.
    Last edited by Melancor; 03-01-08 at 07:19 PM.

The wicked arrogantly hunt down the weak.
    Let them be caught in the evil they plan for others.
    Lord, make them feel true terror,
    Let them remember that they are naught but men.

GP

Name
    Tera
    Race
    Vampire
    Hair Color
    Blood red
    Eye Color
    Mercury Silver
    Build
    5'6" 107 lbs
    Job
    vampire

As I became more accustomed to returning to the realm of the living, I must admit that the inhabitants became less a food and nuisance. Every day began a walk of discovery, a walk that made me ponder their use and perhaps even why they were allowed to continue living.

I a newly reborn god amongst these mayflies, why should I not make use of them?

Maggots would be too strong a word for this group, and flies in truth are quite resilient. But like the mayfly, the are born, mature, mate and die within a day.

Best to use the strong before they die.

Entering the Dirk's estate had been silent due to my years of working in the shadows. The guards were less than I had hoped for a man known across the known worlds. Then again, each of us were our own best defense, being the killers we are. Dirk's the eye controlling his sights, I the last beat of countless hearts. The one referred to as Joshua had a reputation, but it continued to evade me as I slipped silently through the library.

I could smell them, all of them gathering inside the same room. Even though it was well past my usual time to retire, I felt that these minions needed to see me.

Understand who I am and therefor either respect me or....

Fear me.

I entered the room, not even pausing to look at them as I made my way to the little stage that had been built across the room from the bar. My darling assistant, Winter moved quickly around me, finding the finest chair for me to sit on, a small table for any drinks I may wish to partake in, and without a break, quickly drawing the shades of the one window through which the sunlight tempted to caress my skin.

The flowing white robe I wore was something I had decided on simply for the effect of wanting to appear as “gentle” to my little flock of followers and it did match quite well with the black satin suit and skirt that Winter wore. I really did love that outfit it accented her waist long blond hair that she always hid most of her face behind.

From my seat I gazed from the shadow of my hood upon them all.

Joshua, Melancor, Skie, Lexxum.....

I parted my ruby lips and spoke softly.

“Good morning my children...”
    Last edited by Tera; 02-19-08 at 11:14 PM.

It's in the blood.
    I met my love before I was born.
    She wanted love,
    I taste of blood.
    She bit my lip, and drank my war,
    From years before
    Love like Winter