I would first like to state that I thoroughly enjoyed my first-round experience. I haven't battled in earnest (okay, figuratively, but hey ^^) ever since my previous haunt closed down, and it's certainly been good to get the old competitive juices flowing again. Not to mention that I've remembered just how much I like RPing with Yuka ^^.

That said, what is the opinion of everybody here about post turnover time? Considering the difficulties of different timezones, the intrusion of real life jobs and studies, and the time necessary to formulate battleplans and rough drafts, I do think that a minimum of two days are necessary... and even this is between teammates used to roleplaying with one another and willing to work together towards a common storyline. This means that a round of posting - four posts - will take a week at least, which no doubt in turn was responsible for the unfinished storylines of many of the Round 1 battles. I understand and respect the desire of the judges to enforce a strict time limit, and am more than willing to blame myself for more than my fair share of delays; I would just like to learn from this and attempt not to repeat the same mistakes.

I daresay that there are many ways around this. For example, I think that agreeing a general synopsis with your opponents beforehand could greatly speed up the battle. Certain amounts of bunnying should be permitted - within reason, of course - and there are not a few writing techniques that would be of great use here, the main thing being not to rehash previous posts and to build on what has already happened.

I would be really interested to hear what other people have to say on this subject. I think that by discussing this in the open, we can make Round 2 an even more enjoyable experience for all involved.