Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Letho View Post
    F3 will not be Fallout in the way we all know and love. But when you look at the whole matter and take into account the advance of technology, it's almost unrealistic to expect that F3 would use a similar engine as the first two. Developers don't make games for old players only (unfortunately). They have to take into account the new generations and their tastes, and the new kids like their 3D graphics. Now, of course they could use an engine similar to that in Neverwinter Nights or something, but that's not Bethesda's specialty.
    They could've used the engine that was used for Fallout: Tactics, which was one of the more recent in the series and still managed to hold onto the things that made Fallout great. I understand there is big hype for 3D graphics and all that, but we also had the floating heads for dialogue, the videos, the interactive dialogue trees, etc. And from what I understand about F3, they aren't using most if any of that. Not to mention 3rd person RTS/Turn-based games (Warcraft, Penny Arcade's ORSPD, Paper Mario, etc) are still huge today regardless of the presence of 'new audiences'.

I dunno Letho, you may not be able to please everybody but if you're in a business that caters to others with entertainment, it is your responsibility to make a game that most want. Especially if it's part of an age old series that has become legendary. Now it just seems F3 has attracted people who've never played it before, optimists, and bad critics.

But, let me reiterate some of what I had said about the gameplay and what not. BS has a creative license to do what they please with a game. They want to make it 3D? Fine. They want to make explodable cars that have a cheesy minature nuclear explosion? Fine. But when they gut the traditional gameplay, black humor, and various nuances that made the games great all you've got left is a shriveled husk casing the illusion of something that could've been a great game if they had just chosen better with what to upgrade or throw out.
    Last edited by Saxon; 08-16-08 at 03:29 PM.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

I know, man. Trust me when I say that you're preaching to the choir. If they used the old 2D engine and just added a new story, leaving everything as it was so many years ago, I would've loved the game. I'm not the kind of a gamer that's dependent on graphics and I still play the original Fallouts today with the same fervor with which I play newer games such as The Witcher. But I'm also ready to give this game a chance if for no other reason, then to see the world of Fallout from a different perspective. I mean, for God sakes, you played Brotherhood of Steel for the consoles. F3 simply cannot be worse than that.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

GP

Name
    Wren Luen
    Race
    Wolftainted
    Hair Color
    jet black
    Eye Color
    golden
    Build
    the Scale's lying
    Job
    Elementalist (earth, water)

I know, man. Trust me when I say that you're preaching to the choir. If they used the old 2D engine and just added a new story, leaving everything as it was so many years ago, I would've loved the game. I'm not the kind of a gamer that's dependent on graphics and I still play the original Fallouts today with the same fervor with which I play newer games such as The Witcher. But I'm also ready to give this game a chance if for no other reason, then to see the world of Fallout from a different perspective. I mean, for God sakes, you played Brotherhood of Steel for the consoles. F3 simply cannot be worse than that.
    of coarse it'd going to be better than that. BOS was rather half assed.

But I do think Beth has preserved the black humor. The main Trailer has a bit of it. The Vault ad is very funny. Also Beth has their top writer working on the dialog and not the people that made a lot of Oblivion's dialog stock fantasy.

It is kinda a shame that the gameplay is vastly different but really it's a nice new perspective on the Falout Universe. It'll feel more like I'm my character really get a great feel for the setting.
    A 10 by 10 foot room? I cast fireball!

Non Timebo Mala
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

What, the game's out for like weeks now and nobody revives this thread?! Unforgivable!

Fallout 3 sucks, by the way, at least it does for me. It sucks down all the free time I have just like Morrowind did back in the day when I literally put in hundreds of hours into it. Which means the game is fucking awesome. I was skeptical about it as probably every Fallout fan way, but I can't say that I'm disappointed. No, I'm drawn into the world just like I was when I played the first two. Granted, I'm a huge fan of Morrowind and its huge, open world, so it's no surprise that I love the fact that there's now this huge Fallout wasteland that I can explore the hell out of.

So, anybody else played/plays the game? If not, why the fuck not?! Cause it's good. Very good. It has guns and stuff.

EXP: 21,045, Level: 6
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next level: 5,955
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,955
    GP

Name
    Sarah Dahlios
    Race
    Revanian Vampire (Mizami)
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'6" and you can guess for weight because she ain't telling...
    Job
    Thief

I wish I had it...but I don't have a computer capable of it, nor a 360...
    You look in the mirror, but someone else looks back. You remember a life you never had, one that cannot be yours. You are the piece that does not fit, you don't belong in this game. The board has been knocked over, you shall be swept away...

1/2th Of Althanas' Favorite Relationship 2006 (Rheawien / Lavinian Pride)
    1/3rd Of the Most Interesting Storyline 2006 (Dissinger / Liliana Ambria / Lavinian Pride)

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

What, the game's out for like weeks now and nobody revives this thread?! Unforgivable!

Fallout 3 sucks, by the way, at least it does for me. It sucks down all the free time I have just like Morrowind did back in the day when I literally put in hundreds of hours into it. Which means the game is fucking awesome. I was skeptical about it as probably every Fallout fan way, but I can't say that I'm disappointed. No, I'm drawn into the world just like I was when I played the first two. Granted, I'm a huge fan of Morrowind and its huge, open world, so it's no surprise that I love the fact that there's now this huge Fallout wasteland that I can explore the hell out of.

So, anybody else played/plays the game? If not, why the fuck not?! Cause it's good. Very good. It has guns and stuff.
    My dad accidently bought the game for me, intending to cancel the order after I told him I wanted nothing to do with it, but it came anyway. My brother seems to be enjoying it after I handed it off to him, and I guess I'll eventually play it, but I'll still have a great deal of prejudice against it.

We got the collector's edition too. So I unapologetically kept the Vault-Tec lunch box and I'm probably going to put the bobble head under my car and run it the fuck over.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

EXP: 29,076, Level: 7
    Level completed: 26%, EXP required for next level: 5,924
    Level completed: 26%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,924
    GP

Name
    Rakh
    Race
    Weregoyle
    Hair Color
    Unkempt brown mohawk
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    5'10 // 177 lbs
    Job
    Chieftain, Warrior, Miner, Disciple of Hromagh

Freaking awesome.

There's something special about the following...
    • Roasting everyone in Megaton alive with a flamethrower while listening to happy 50's swing music.
    • Firing the Experimental MIRV into a crowd of concerned post-apocalyptic citizens.
    • Ol' Painless: the only weapon in F3 with dead-on accuracy. Period.
    • Finding a unique 2x4 full of rusty nails titled "The Board of Education"
    • Shooting someone in the face with a Rail-Spike. CHOO CHOO!
    • Gatling laser. It's just so dandy.
    • Finding Fort Independence and launching the untouched ICBM. Any idea where the target is?! NOPE! *redbuttonredbuttonredbutton*

Non Timebo Mala
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

What about the Lincoln's Repeater? Once I found it, I pretty much didn't need any other weapon all the way to the end of the game, especially since I had a good stock of .44 ammo. Its reloading animation is pretty nifty. The Rail Rifle was pretty awesome, too. Pinning stuff with the spikes was very nice. The Alien Blaster was a disappointment, though. Its condition went down visibly with every goddamn shot. And I didn't have anything I could fix it with.

GP

Name
    Tommy
    Race
    Specter/Human
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    6'2"/ 190 lbs
    Job
    Something or another...

I hated this game so damn much. Not because it was a bad story, innovative combat system (except for actual manual fighting, which was crap on the 360), but straight out of the Vault, I wandered EVERYWHERE else except to Megaton. I actually got all the way down to that city that's in a battleship. YEA! DOWN THERE!

Only later from a friend did I hear that going straight south of the school would've taken me to Megaton. I nearly threw my damn 360 out the window.
    "What is the freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

Tommy's Stuff
    Steel Chainmail Shirt
    Steel Dagger
    Plynt Dagger
    Hexfire (Magical Double-Edged Long Sword)
    Obsidian Ring

Random picture

Lv 0
    Lv 1

EXP: 29,076, Level: 7
    Level completed: 26%, EXP required for next level: 5,924
    Level completed: 26%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,924
    GP

Name
    Rakh
    Race
    Weregoyle
    Hair Color
    Unkempt brown mohawk
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    5'10 // 177 lbs
    Job
    Chieftain, Warrior, Miner, Disciple of Hromagh

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Nephew View Post
    Penis
    The Lincoln Repeater was alright, but i didn't like small guns so much...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast